We were able to build our dream. A unique, modern and comfortable houseboat of 35 x 6 meters. Some call it a yacht-villa. We designed an independent studio in the bow of the boat. So you can share our experience of living the good life on the water.
The nautical boutique style studio is situated in the bow of houseboat "Tasmania". You get your own private space with a private entrance and en-suite bathroom with great shower and toilet. It has underfloor heating and is cosy and warm in the wintertime.
From the bed, you can look at the stars or the full moon. On the private deck you can enjoy a glass of wine and watch the sunset and the beautiful row of old seventeenth century warehouses.
The Tasmania lies at the edge of the city centre in the old woodharbor, a secret hideaway just around the corner of the bustling city centre. Quiet and beautiful, it is situated in the heart of the architectural redeveloped waterfront of Amsterdam.
- 5 minute walk to Jordaan neighborhood, the lovely canal district and the most popular shopping street of 2012: the Haarlemmerstraat.
- 10 minute walk to hip and happening Westerpark
- 20 minute walk (2.3 km) to Central Station (or take bus 48)
- 2 minute walk to Tram stop (line 3 to Museum District: Van Gogh Museum, Rijks Museum, Stedelijk Museum and to the Concertgebouw)
- the boat can be reached from Central Station on foot, by bus, by car or by taxi. (only guests who park their car for free in Amsterdam Noord, need to take the free ferry back to the boat)
Good food in great restaurants is near at all times of the day and night. We are happy to provide you with a list of our favorites.
What you will receive as standard:
- A warm welcome
- Use of 2 bicycles
- Fast WiFi
- Ipod/ipad dock
- Satelite TV and DVD player
- Complimentary drinks and snacks in fridge
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Basic kitchen with small fridge and microwave/convection oven
- Fresh luxury hotel towels, linen and bed sheets
- Use of Lonely Planet Amsterdam, Time Out Amsterdam, 100% Amsterdam
- Amsterdam map, tourist attraction leaflets
- Free parking in Amsterdam Noord if you arrive by car (we will mail you the details)
Looking forward to hosting you.
- No smoking inside. Please smoke outside.
- Be careful with Dutch wiet. It is very powerful stuff.
- Checkin and checkout times are flexible depending on bookings of guests before and/or after you. If you arrive too early it is always possible to leave your luggage on the Tasmania before you head into town. If you have a late flight you can store the luggage until you leave.
- Lock the bikes at all times. Lots of them get stolen in Amsterdam.
- In the summer time you can use the deck chairs or the fatboy to sit outside. If you leave to go into town put them inside. The wind can blow them overboard.
- Don't wear stilettos inside. They will ruin the bamboo floor.
- Please make use of the popular Amsterdam guides available but leave them for other guests to enjoy as well.
- Aboard the ship you may encounter a mellow ginger cat called Hector. He is not allowed to go into the studio.
We loved the houseboat! It looked exactly like the pictures and Sonja really spoiled us with lots of snacks for us to have during our stay. Sonja was a great host and provided us with a map and a lot of information about the city to help us settle in. Great location within walking distance of Central Station and on the nicer, less touristy side of the city. We love how unique the boat was and will certainly recommend it to anyone we know visiting Amsterdam. It truly exceeded our expectations. Wish we could've stayed longer!
Sonja made us very welcome, and we were well provided for on arrival. The Tasmania is an amazing boat, so cosy, and spacious. We found it hard to leave! Thanks for having us!
Wunderbare Unterkunft an perfekter Lage!
Haben uns von Anfang an sehr wohl und super betreut gefühlt.
We love the place. It was cozy and Sonja was really helpful. She provided us a great place to stay. I would recommend staying in Tasmania. Good experience!
Merci à Sonja et Michael pour leur gentillesse. Le bateau était tout simplement magnifique et fonctionnel. Nous avons pu découvrir Amsterdam grâce aux vélos prêtés.
Nous avons passé un excellent WE dans cette belle ville d'Amsterdam et le fait d'avoit logé dans le Tasmania y est pour beaucoup !
Le logement est simple d'accès et très bien expliqué par Sonja dans son email.
L'acceuil a été formidable, la chambre conforme aux photos et il y a tout ce qu'il faut dans la chambre (jus, café, eau, bière, pain, fromage, chips etc). la salle de bain est aussi très bien équipé (shampoing, gel douche, serviettes etc).
Cette première expérience avec Airbnb est une réussite et je recommande très fortement ce logement très original (des vélos sont aussi gentillement mis à disposition si besoin)
Foncez les yeux fermés ...
I could not have wished for a better host that Tanja. Even before we arrive Tanja emailed with help and advise on how to get from to her from the airport as well as resteeraunt reviews. We arrived earlier than th eusual check in time to which Tanja allowed us to check in . The room was amazing, complete with food, snacks and various drinks. The bikes were useful and we used them all day to get around. As our fligh wasn't until the evening Tabja also let us check out late. She was simply an amazing host and if I am ever back in Amsterdam I will definitely check her availability
Many guests have asked: "What was this boat before you reconverted it?" The answer is simple: it didn't exist. It was custom build. In October 2011 the "Tasmania" arrived in Amsterdam. Our dream came true and we would love to share that dream with you.
We are hard working film and television professionals. Before building this boat we used to travel a lot. Now every day feels like a holiday. When we are at home we'll be happy to welcome you and tell you everything you want to know about Amsterdam and the boat. But most of the time we're out working. It will make your stay more private. We hope the studio apartment appeals to people who like to travel independent, just like us.
Favorite travel destination: Namibia
Favorite movies: De Rouille et d'Os, Heat, Das Weisse Band
Favorite Filmfestival: International Documentary Festival Amsterdam (IDFA)
Favorite Music Festivals: North Sea Jazz Festival, Amsterdam Dance Event
Favorite books: Story of a Life by Paustovsky, Innumeracy by Paulos
Favorite food: Mediterranean