About this listing
This Queen size bed has extra thick layer of padding which makes bed the most comfortable one in my house.
Newly renovated 4 bedrooms single family house. The house a covered balcony, 3-car driveway, 3 entry doors and a small back yard.
The list is a master bedroom on 2nd floor.
*** Extra powerful window A/C unit to keep the room cool.
*** A flat screen 47" TV;
*** A huge closet,
*** Instant coffee packs/tea bags
*** A refrig and microwave inside of the room;
*** A fan and a powerful window A/C unit for the hot summer;
*** An extra heater for the cold winter.
*** Central A/C and heating system.
*** Spacious Master bedroom (156 SQ) has a Queen bed w extra padding.
*** Master bathroom with curved shower curtain. The water pressure is GREAT.
NO DISHWASHER. We hand wash dishes to preserve energy.
****************AMENITIES / SERVICE*************************
*** I live in South West Down town DC and I am always reachable by phone and email. Please feel free to call me or email me if you need any help. I can give you a ride to DC down town or from DC back to the house if It is on my way.
*** Checking in and checking out are FLEXIBLE. Please let me know in advance when you check in/out. I will do my best to accommodate you.
*** This whole 4 bedroom house is for short term rental guests and is a very guest-friendly homey environment. Feel free to cook, to store your food in the kitchen cabinet and dine at the kitchen.
1. Free 3 car drive way parking OR 24/7 free street parking.
2. Cable TV;
4. Central air conditioning & heating;
5. Large frig & kitchen cabinets downstairs;
6. Extra window A/C to cool the room during the summer;
7. All toiletry;
8. Iron, iron board, hair dryer;
9. Full access to washer & dryer;
10. Full kitchen access;
All my previous guests enjoyed the freedom and homey environment. You will too.
* New Capital Bike Share rack is 3 blocks away: you can rent the red bike and get to DC in 35 minutes. Rate is by daily, weekly or by monthly. See the website for details.
w w (website hidden)/stations
0.5 mile to 3 miles to Reagan airport, Crystal City, Pentagon, Pentagon City, Ballston, Clarendon, Courthouse, Shirlington, bikes trails, 2 libraries and $2-$6 movie theater and 24/7 stores are all nearby.
*** 2 bus stops are at the end of block: 10B, 23A, 23C, ART 77, ART 84. All these buses will take you to Crystal City, Pentagon, Pentagon City, Ballston, Clarendon, Courthouse metro stations in 8-18 minutes.
2. Bus 16Y and 16X will take you directly to DC White House and Capitol area in 18 minutes. The bus stop is 0.5 mile from my house. The cost is $1.75, cheaper than metro.
3. 0.5 to 0.8 mile to Shirlington Transition (20+ buses) and Columbia pike number #16 bus line (15+buses to Pentagon, Pentagon City and Crystal City).
4. $2-$6 movie theater Cinema & Draft House is 0.7 mile away. Free Monday admission during the Football game season.
1. Shirlington Village: 4021 Campbell Avenue, Arlington, VA 22206
2. Columbia Pike and S Walter Reed drive area. Diner; Bar; CVS; Gient; Subway; Boston Chicken; Chinese; Kabob; Thai; $1 movie theater .
3.Giant grocery: 3100 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204
4. Pizzoli Pizza: 2249 S Shirlington Rd Ste E, Arlington, VA
************IF you have 3 to 4 people in your party**************
*******SHARING BATHROOM Mon-Friday most of the time************
*** The master bathroom is located in the middle of this master bedroom and another master bedroom. You will share the bathroom with a very clean and quiet long term guest professional who usually stays Monday night to Thursday and leaves on Friday night to NC.
Interaction with Guests
I live in DC Down town. I usually visit the house when needed. 1-4 times a month.
Bus 16X, 16Y: Are 0.5 mile away. Go to DC down town directly.
10A, 10B, 23A, 23C, ART84, ART77: half block to 4 blocks away.
1. I do NOT provide daily cleaning service. Please keep the room relatively clean. You will get fresh linen and thoroughly cleaned bedroom and bathroom upon checking in. I will also provide you an extra set of bed sheets.
2. Please also take out your trash AS NEEDED and make sure you did so on Thursday night since the county will collect trash on Friday morning. The trash can is located at the left side of the front door.
3. Please do not wear outdoor shoes to 2nd floor.
4. Please clean up immediately after you cooked. Please be light cooking.
5. Please turn off the heater, window A/C, fan, TV and light when you leave for the day.
**I will prepare a lockbox and give you the code to get the key when you check in. Open front case. DO NOT PULL THE HANDLE BAR. Please email me 2 days before you check in to let me know the time you will check in.
The host canceled this reservation the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Jin is an incredibly accommodating, welcoming host. She went out of her way to be available after my previously booked host cancelled hours before my arrival.
The reservation was canceled 6 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The room is clean, the location is great, and Jin is a wonderful host. I really enjoyed my time living here.
I had a great time in Jin's place. Unlike most pictures you see on the website, Jin's bedroom was as nice as it was on the website. She made sure left a lot of supplies (soaps, towels,shampoo ) for those that travel light to use when they come in.
Although, we eventually did not get to meet, she left several maps, directions and phone numbers that made it easy for me to move around. Moreover, she got one of her house guest that works in DC to help me find my way around. I highly recommend her place to anyone that wants a good place close to DC.
Thank you so much Jin.
Jin is a great host! Her house is very comfortable and you find everything you need ;-) I realy could find only one minus: If you have no car it will take you at least 40min to get to the National Mall, since you have to change from the Bus to the Metro ;-( Nevertheless, I would stay there again. The appartment and Jin were realy awesome!!!
My trip to Washington was made easy, comfortable and affordable, thanks to Jin! She was very helpful and communicative with the questions I had. My room and shared bathroom were cozy, clean and quiet, and the next time I have a chance to visit D.C. and the surrounding area, I would definitely consider staying at Jin`s place again. I was even fortunate enough to meet another guest who was very friendly. Maybe next time our schedules will work out so that I can meet Jin since she seems like a lot of fun. :) Thank you!
This host has 71 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jin
Welcome to DC and Northern VA from your hostess Jin, your Airbnb unofficial international Ambassador.
I have hosted guests from more than 50 different countries. I have learned a lot from them. They truly enriched my life, broadened my view about this world and made me a more tolerant and more appreciative person. I am very blessed to have had chance to host them.
My goal: Looking forward to hosting guests from 100 different countries before I am retired and travel to these 100 countries through Airbnb.
Where I live: DC downtown Capital Riverfront; I do spend lots of weekends hiking, backpacking and camping in the woods, or paddle in the water.
Who I am: I am a China born US citizen; a CPA; a MBA; a finance & investment expert by trade; a self-made entrepreneur; a real estate investor; an equity trader; a passionate canoe / SUP paddler and a hiker/backpacker.
9am to 6pm profession: Manage 2 companies and chase my dreams. See my profile at "L i n k e d I n ". Search by my name: Jinhua Zhang.
Sports passion: I love paddling/canoeing, cycling, hiking and backpacking. I am a member of Washington Canoe Club and Capital Yacht Club. I do competitive OC-1, OC-6 and SUP race. I also lead canoeing, SUP paddling, hiking and backpacking events.
I own a race SUP board, 25+ pairs of hiking boots, 20+ hiking/backpacking packs, 5 tents and many other camping/backpacking gear.
Outdoor group: I am the Founder of a DC based outdoor club called "DC Hiking & Backpacking Club" (DC-HBC/). The Club is focus on fostering outdoor interests in hiking, backpacking, swimming, kayaking, canoeing and social networking for all the DC outdoor lovers. It's on the MeetUp Social network.
Properties on A I R B N B (This list may not be updated or include all my properties):
(1) 6 "furnished room" lists in Arlington VA. 4 listed at Airbnb.
(2) Luxury brand new 43x12 houseboat at SW DC river: 1-5 years lease only.
(3) 2 single family houses at West End, Glen Allen, VA. 1-2 years lease only.
***************** What makes me outstanding in the "A i r B n B" community*******************
First and always :***Respect***Reputation***Trust***Transparency***Knowledge***Experience***
These are my business ethics and virtue. I truly love what I do and do it to my best ability. There are always room for improvement. I listen to my guests' feedback, accept their Reviews and strike to improve my lists every day. Please feel free to ask me any questions if you have concerns about some of the negative Reviews. I am here to listen and to improve.
(1) Managed the "A i r B n B" rooms professionally: All the "A i r B n B" rooms were professionally marketed, managed and cleaned.
(2) Approached the "A i r B n B" with a "Win-Win" business mind set. All the rooms were priced low to median range to allow them affordable to majority of the travelers. Longer you stay, more you save.
(3) Fostered a very guest friendly & homey environment at all my "A i r B n B" locations.
(4) Added flexible accommodation program to allow guests to change to different locations and rooms in DC/VA area.
(5) Created "Lowest Rate" cash refund guarantee program: You will get cash refund if you paid higher rate after you extended your stay to qualify for monthly discounted rate.
(6) Established efficient guest traveling and check-in/check-out system.
(7) Implemented Guest Referral Award (GRA). Please recommend my lists to your family and friends and get PAYPAL cash award.
(8) Fostered friendship with some of my guests. I often invite my guests to join my canoeing, SUP, hiking and backpacking events I am leading to introduce some of the great water and outdoor fun into their life.