About this listing
Live in an artist's atelier turned into a modern apartment. This studio used to be Fernand Leger's and other major 1900s French and Italian artists living and working in Paris.
Take a unique opportunity to live like a XXth century artist today!
The apartment used to be an artist atelier which belonged to prestigious painters in chronological order Fernand Leger, Edouard Pignon.
45sq mts studio with loft, set on the third floor (no elevator, 45 steps) it consists of::
Small entrance with coat hangers. It leads to the kitchen and bathroom on the left and straight to the living, each of the above rooms has its own entrance door.
Comfortable living room with 2 double sofa beds easy to open and operate, table and chairs, bookshelves, two puff pillows for comfort watching TV, satellite TV/DVD/VCR, phone and large and wide window with curtain overlooking rue du moulin vert. Please Note that one of the two double beds is kind of old and not comfortable for one or two adults, it should be considered as a bed just for young people (since my children are happy to sleep there, but I would rather not). Also the two sofa beds share the living room and from the bedroom upstairs you have to pass through the living room downstairs to go to the toilet, so, if you are more than just a couple and privacy is an issue, you are being avised here ;)
Small kitchen with window overlooking inner courtyard, electric stove, sink, refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, coffee maker (both American/French and Italian), toaster, crockery, pots and pans;
Toilet and window only;
Staircase from the living room leads to loft with
With double bed, bedside stool, wardrobe, window with curtain overlooking Paris roofs. Bedroom has a door for privacy.
en suite bathroom with shower/bath tub, basin, bidet, mirrors;
Very easy access from Paris Orly airport (max 20 euro by taxi) or by RER train from Charles de Gaulle's airport. Metro stop around the corner.
Interaction with Guests
I live in Rome, but I will take good care of you through Michelle that helps me there and I'm always available phone or message for anything
The XIVme doesn't need much introduction. At the beginning of the last century it used to be the area where all leading artists would like to have their studios (ateliers). Nowadays it's a reasonably central area very well connected to the rest of the city with all kind of venues and attracions
Metro stop Alesia is around the corner, but I hate being underground and I always use either bus 28, 38 or 58 or the velib' bikes that you will find a couple of blocks away
Other Things to Note
You'll be shown all how-tos at the apartment upon arrival
Policies and Procedures
For information on our policies and procedures, please also see our Paris Reference Q&A for clients.
Check-In / Check-Out
• Arrival: Please always make sure to call the number(s) provided in the booking confirmation for any last minute communication regarding your arrival (ie: your arrival is delayed, etc). At luggage claim at the airport or one hour before the estimated arrival at the apartment if you're traveling by car or train, always call the key holder/owner number you've been provided in the booking confirmation. Please note that the key holder will not go to the apartment unless you set an appointment with her/him, don't assume to find anybody at the apartment or you may end up waiting. Please always ensure to call and to be punctual after you set the appointment. Any delay may result in a failure to meet the key holder, the need to set a new appointment at the agent's next available time and 10 euro fee before 8:30 pm or an amount to be agreed upon if later.
• Check-in Time: Check-in is free if it takes place between 12:00 am and 8.30 pm. If you want to check in earlier, you will not be charged any extra fee, but you may have to leave your luggage at the apartment and wait until the apartment is ready. Late check-ins between 8.30 and 10:30 pm are charged an extra fee of 20 euro. Check-in between 10:30 pm and midnight incurs an extra fee of 30 euros. Should you require to check-in later than midnight, please inquire with us or the owner of the apartment if it can be accommodated and at what cost.
• Balance: You pay all in advance to airbnb
• Damage Deposit: On arrival it is required that you sign a credit card slip as a damage deposit equal to half of the rent. This deposit is to guarantee that you will take responsibility for any damages you may cause. Please note that your card will not be charged without your prior consent. The latter is considered and exception and will be marked in the apartment's description.
Only for rentals longer than 4 weeks, the deposit must be paid in cash (EUR) or by bank wire. It will be refunded no later then 2 weeks after check-out by bank wire.
The damage deposit is not included in the rental fee you see posted when booking.
• Key Holder's Duty: The key holder should show you the apartment and explain how everything works. Please feel free to question him/her if you feel he/she is being unclear. Any fees that have been included in your rental payment do not cover the porterage of baggage, cloak rooms, or other additional service, such as walks to ATMs, etc. If the key holder provides any additional services beyond showing and explaining the apartment features, a separate gratuity directly to the person performing the service would be appreciated.
• Check-Out: Check-out time is 10:00 am or earlier. If you need to check-out later, please enquire with our office before placing the booking. You will be provided with a 'Check-Out List' of things to do when leaving the apartment. Please follow the instructions.
Web Site Fee
Roman Reference's fee and taxes are included in the apartment cost posted in the search results.
1- You cancel your booking and your dates are rented to another party. You will be refunded in full.
2- You cancel your booking two weeks or longer prior to arrival and your dates remain vacant. You lose your down payment only (15 to 29% depending on the apartment).
3- You cancel your booking last minute and your dates remain vacant. You are requested to pay 30% of the total rental fee (ie: down payment + any difference there may be).
4- Cancellations during the stay no entitlement to a refund of any paid amounts unless owner gave cause to the cancellation.
5- Reductions of the number of nights are not allowed. You will be free to add nights only if the apartment is available.
6- Change in the number of People in your booking have to be communicated at least one week prior to arrival. Please beware that the price of the entire rental is fixed on the max number of people you reach in any given period of your stay.
If the owner cancels: You will be refunded in full. We will also use all our influence to have the owner pay you a penalty fee equivalent to what you had paid in advance. However, it must be stressed that we are not responsible for the owner's decisions and actions, and that we will never hold on to your down payment in case of cancelation.
Comparable Premises and Force Majeure: If your booking gets canceled by third party or force majeure we will do all in our power to move you to comparable or better premises. If we fail to find something suitable you'll be refunded in full. If we do find an acceptable alternative apartment for you, your down payment will be used to pay for the alternative apartment and will not be refunded.
Unless otherwise noted in the apartment description or specified during the booking process, rental fees will include main amenities (ie: beds and mattresses, wardrobe, desk, table, chairs, etc) and services (such as heating and hot water, please note that internet and air conditioned are not considered main services in Italy, always look for inclusion in the apartment description if you need them. Cleaning service is only rarely included during your stay, or change of linens. Look for inclusion in the apartment description otherwise please assume those services are not included). One change of linens (sheets and towels) and cooking facilities (including cooking and dining utensils) are provided with the apartment at no extra charge. Each apartment description lists which amenities are included with the apartment. Please check for precise inclusions before booking.
UTILITIES: For rentals shorter then 4 weeks, gas and electricity are included up to a use equivalent to 50 euro. For rentals longer then 4 weeks, utilities are not included in the rental fee. Meters can be checked in the apartment or in the building: electricity 35c., gas 90c. per unit. Please inquire with the key holder upon check-in for further details. Should there be a phone line, incoming calls are included, outgoing non-local calls are not included unless you use your own calling card. Phone line will normally allow only direct local calls. Therefore bringing your own phone or calling card is suggested.
TRANSACTION FEES for wire transfer, Paypal, or other forms of balance payments are not included in the rental price. If you're paying the down payment by bank wire, please make sure to do it on sender's charge.
LATE ARRIVALS: Late check-ins between 8.30 and 10:30 pm are charged an extra fee of 20 euro. Check-in between 10:30 pm and midnight incurs an extra fee of 30 euros. Should you require to check-in later than midnight, please inquire with us or the owner of the apartment if it can be accommodated and at what cost
This web site acts only as such, our duty is to match owners' availability calendars with clients' booking requests. Once the booking is completed, the two parties conducting business are owners and renters. We do not provide concierge services. We have a base in the center of Rome and will do our best to assist clients with their apartment-related needs after check-in. However, our ability to help is limited by owners' permissions to act on their behalf and by our business hours.
Property management and car services detailed on (website hidden) are operated independently of the vacation rental web site, and we're not responsible for negligence, omission, or misbeahaviour in the services by third parties, i.e., owners of the properties, tenants, drivers, etc.
Apartment rates are always quoted in EURO (all other currencies at the current rate of exchange). Payments, unless otherwise stated during the booking process, are only accepted in EURO.
Choice of Law
All services provided and transactions performed on and through this web site are considered to take place in Italy. You irrevocably agree that all transactions in connection with your use of this website or pursuant to these Terms are governed by Italian laws, and any legal actions need to be filed with the courts of law of Rome, Italy.
Guglielmo was a great host and accommodated our stay with a short notice. The location was amazing and the unit was very comfortable and well stocked with amenities.
The flat is located in a very nice and friendly neighborhood. It's perfectly surrounded by nearby boulangeries, Monoprix, varied restaurants and even fast food chains McDonald's and Burger King. And it is quite near the metro.
Guglielmo's apartment, while it was able to accommodate all 5 of us, is more well-suited for a couple. It is a lovely place, with the living area opening to a nice balcony.
Internet access was fast. The only downside to this rental are the following:
1) No elevators/lifts. We had to carry our luggages all 3 floors up through a sort of spiral staircase.
2) Towels and bedsheets are old. Washed but old.
3) One of the double size sofa beds needs repair and is only good for one person.
4) Taking a shower was a huge challenge - there aren't any curtain showers and one has to take a bath sitting in the bath tub so as not to spill water on the floor.
5) There is a cap to electricity usage. If one exceeds the 50 euros allocation for the duration of the stay, that's additional cost. We had turn off the heating system every time we left the apartment.
Overall, the apartment is nice and cozy. While it needs improvement, especially the bathroom, the location would make me want to go back and rent it again.
First and foremost, I would like to thank Guglielmo and his staff for outstanding customer support. I contacted him about apartment in Paris, Saturday and was able check in the same day! They speak perfect English (on top of other European languages), reply to e-mails very efficiently and make your stay comfortable. Highly recommended!
I stayed at Gugliemo's apartment for about five days in April… it is just as advertised. It has a spacious main room with a lovely balcony and tall drapes. If you want to get away from tourists and live with real Parisians, this is a good neighborhood to experience everyday Paris life. There's a small bedroom upstairs, and a futon downstairs In the large, airy main room… so there is plenty of space for a group. The subway station is at the end of the block. And, of course, this apartment once belonged to Cubist painter Fernand Leger. Please don't ask Gugliemo to update the kitchen sink, because it is the same sink Leger once used. Some things to keep in mind about the apartment: it does not have a shower, but a shower wand in a tub. Also, like many Paris apartments, there is no air conditioning, so keep that in mind if you are going to rent in the summer. Lastly, the kitchen is quite small with no oven – only a microwave and hotplate – so keep that in mind if you plan on doing any large-scale cooking. While the apartment in not right near major tourist site areas, they are only a short subway ride away… but do make sure that there is no Metro strike when you visit! Gugliemo himself is a very charming man and easy to work with. Make sure to stroll the market on the Rue Daguerre, two Metro stops north at Denfert-Rochereau.
This host has 73 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Guglielmo
Two degrees Political Sciences (Florence, Italy) and History (Rome, Italy).
Became an internet entrepreneur my online project is called Cities Reference.
Happy to join this community!