About This Listing
My Sedona Place is a Sedona vacation rental that offers an entire home, fully furnished w/3 bedrooms, two full baths, skylights, large bright open living area, fully equipped kitchen, beautiful patio - and some truly spectacular Red Rock views!
MSP is the perfect launch pad to discover all that Sedona has to offer: In West Sedona, close to restaurants / shopping but also hiking! Fabulous views from the patio, bright and open, in a quiet /secluded residential area - you'll have a new place to call, My Sedona Place!
I must say here, the City of Sedona has restrictions on rentals for less than 30 days... so I'm trying to sort that issue out. Please feel free to contact me to discuss. Weekly and nightly prices are only provided for extensions beyond the 30-day period.
A Unique Vacation Experience...
My Sedona Place is a Sedona vacation rental that offers an entire home, fully furnished w/3 bedrooms, two full baths, in-home washer and dryer - and some truly spectacular Red Rock views! This vacation rental consists of a geodesic dome home, with over 1500 sq ft of bright, open living, situated on more than half an acre in a secluded and quiet location in West Sedona.
All with magnificent views of Cathedral Rock and Thunder Mountain!
FOR THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE ENERGY VORTEXES, the patio of this home is on a direct line between the vortexes at Cathedral Rock and Kachina Woman (Boynton Canyon). And, being a dome home, there is already a great sense of energy within and around the home. Add to that some beautiful large crystal showpieces, and you have an energetically-attuned home just waiting for your arrival! (and, the home is periodically cleansed to ensure only positive energy awaits...)
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE TO GET OUT HIKING, this home is only a hundred yards from the start of some magnificent hikes that take you around airport mesa, through Carroll Canyon, or directly down to Cathedral Rock and Buddha Beach. The trails offer unique views of the Sedona Big Four - Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock, Castle Rock, and Courthouse Butte. A detailed trail guide and other local information is provided for your stay.
FOR THOSE WHO LOVE MOUNTAIN BIKING, this location offers superb access to some fantastic trails... some of the best mountain biking in the country!
Guest amenities at this fabulous Red Rock Retreat include:
* 3 bedrooms - master upstairs is huge, with a queen bed and a massive ensuite; one of the main floor bedrooms has a queen bed, and the other has two twins... plus there's a roll-away cot if you need one more spot!
* Full kitchen with everything you need to prepare snacks or a feast including full stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, refrigerator with large freezer space and dishwasher, plus an array of utensils and dinnerware to serve many or few!
* 42" High Def LCD TV and Blu-Ray/DVD player (plus a smaller unit in the master bedroom)
* Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet throughout My Sedona Place, even out on the patio!
* Great patio and views
* BBQ grill
* All linens & towels provided
* High-efficiency washer & dryer
* Full A/C system for summer, new natural gas furnace for winter... plus lots of light!
For more details or with any questions, please contact us.
You'll have a new place to call your own... My Sedona Place!
(You can also find (email hidden))
NOTE - due to restrictions put in place by City of Sedona, a minimum rental agreement for 30 days must be in place... sorry! :-( Please contact us to discuss options. And, the home is in a residential neighborhood, so please be respectful - no loud parties or disturbances will be tolerated. No exceptions!
The home is in a quiet residential area - and with 2/3rds of an acre, lots of space between you and the neighbors! (However, that doesn't mean that loud parties or disturbances are welcome - they'll absolutely not be tolerated)
It's also a fabulous place to watch the sunset on Cathedral Rock - or the sunrise on Thunder Mountain, both visible from the patio.
Other Things to Note
Once a booking is confirmed, I send out a detailed list of my favorite restaurants and things to see and do in the area, including itinerary details for a day trip to the Grand Canyon, something for star-gazers and astronomers, and absolutely, some of the best maps and trail guides - whether you're a hiker or a biker, you couldn't pick a better place than Sedona!
- this home is in a residential area - no loud noise, parties, or disturbances will be permitted.
- no smoking in the house, please pick up any cigarette butts if you smoke outside
- no outdoor footwear to be worn in the house - the red rock dust is pretty abrasive on the tile floors, so please plan on bringing slippers or separate footwear if you would like to wear something on your feet
- pets are only allowed on request, with an additional charge of $50 for pet cleaning
We had a fantastic stay during our Thanksgiving week. Well equipped, super comfortable and absolutely perfect for our party of 3 + our baby. The Central locale in west Sedona, was a close drive to everything. I highly recommend the dome (I mean, why wouldn't you want to stay in a dome?!) and I hope to return some day soon! Thanks again, Chris. You, Liz and your thoughtful details are much appreciated!
Beautiful Home and unbelievable memories of Sedona! I can't imagine a better place to stay in Sedona. It was nestled close to nature and also convent to all of the Sedona adventures. The accommodations were so clean, comfortable and welcoming. I would highly recommend the Dome to anyone visiting the area. Thank you so much for an amazing stay!
Our stay at My Sedona Place was PERFECT! The house is just as pictured, and is complete on every level. Lay in bed and look out of the skylight window at the Sedona night sky! Wine on the patio as you watch the sunset on the rocks and coffee in the morning as you watch the hot air balloons take off in the boring. We were so relaxed and I was struck by the special feeling of the rooms, spacious, no corners and really special. The directions were on spot, and of course the keyless door made everything easy. Red Rock car permit, and hiking books were especially appreciated as we decided which hike to take each day. Washing a load of laundry before we left made coming home easier....but not much....we hope to come back soon. Thanks Chris
Thanks, Susan! It certainly sounds like you appreciated some of the unique features of our home! I will also say, I appreciate your feedback about us providing directions for the TV system - a few remotes and different options on how to get to the TV channel of your choice, or a DVD, or to hook up your iPod for music can make it pretty confusing! - so I'll try to get that together for our house manual. Thanks again for choosing My Sedona Place!
What a truly lovely stay at the dome home. Sedona/Oak Creek has held a very special place in my heart since my first visit in 1991. This birthday trip was no exception to all the other wonderful experiences I have had over the last 23 years. This was my first airbnb stay and Chris was accommodating and communication was easy and pleasant. Staying in a dome house is a neat experience in and of itself and the way the sound travels inside is so cool and often stopped us in mid-sentence! The crystals placed throughout the home are mesmerizing and comforting. The kitchen is well-equipped, bathrooms stocked and there's plenty of everything you need for the stay, including positive energies and serenity...and a walking stick. The patio is awesome. Coyotes could be heard making a ruckus off in the distance, seven javelinas stopped by to pay us a visit and hot air balloons slow-danced in the big, clear, sunny skies above. Restful. Glorious. Blessed. Happy. Exactly what was ordered. Thank you Chris and Liz! Much love and light to you.
Asha, thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I'm glad the javelinas are around again, it's got me looking forward to more visits from the local deer population! And of course, the coyote serenade in the evenings can be haunting or playful and lively, but always wonderful! We would of course welcome you back anytime!
The dome was a fantastic home away from home. The location was ideal for hiking, and close to all needed amenities. Liz made us feel very welcome and the place was spotless when we arrived. Kitchen was well equipped. I would recommend this place to anyone. We hope to be back!
An absolutely amazing property. I'm a regular visitor to Sedona and this property is the best of the best! Well set out...how often have you stayed in a dome house? Well appointed with everything you need to be comfortable, happy and safe. Well recommended and I've already passed the house details onto friends for their consideration. Great property. Great communication from Chris.
About the Host, Chris
Have you ever thought about where we come from - where the carbon and the other elements in our body come from? When you realize that they're the remnants of exploded stars from billions of years ago, and they will once again become part of something else in billions of years - well, it puts our existence here into perspective. Let's just say my components have traveled far further and have lives far longer than I myself will expect to... but, what a ride I'm giving them! Besides, who wants to leave this planet w/a body that still has the potential for miles and miles and years?
Places I've loved include:
* Edmonton (yes cold in the winter but the skies are clear and it's a dry cold, and the summers are so kick-ass we're still cooling down for months) - I mean, where else besides the Arctic do you get summer sun until 11 PM and an early morning sunrise at 5:30 that will blow your mind?
* Nepal - Kathmandu has some of the worst air quality and yet some of the most incredible sites you'll ever see! Trekking in the Himalayas will always be a fabulous memory...
* Peru - and of course, Cusco and experiencing live local music in a nightclub hidden off a back alley full of Cusquenos at 4 AM on Peruvian Independence Day, and being the only foreigner there, and then revisiting it with my sons a few years later... and then the mountains and Inca sites and Machu Picchu and and and...
* Sedona, AZ - yes, as commercial as it can get in some areas, but also one of the most outstanding spiritual places on the planet, as long as you open yourself to the right energy... so enamored, in fact, that I bought a place there.
* Bodhgaya, India, where Buddha was enlightened... meditating on the roof of the Tibetan monestery at 4 AM listening to the chanting from the temple and watching/listening to the egrets in a tree across the park, as the sun slowly illuminated the sky and the awareness of a new day filtered into the local consciousness... (a completely different 4 AM but 4 AM nonetheless...:-)
Things I love include:
* my kids - they are such a source of joy, and pride, and happiness, and lessons... :-)
* hypnotherapy - I trained for and then started New Journeys Hypnotherapy, because I realized that it was exactly what I was meant to do... help others reach their full potential!
* fresh zuchini and tomato, lightly stir-fried, and then let it sit w/grated cheese on the top... especially when it's fresh garden (or my own!) veg that I'm cooking!
* mountain climbing - not that insane shit where you need to use ropes etc, but the style (scrambling/bouldering) where you use your feet, hands, and head, and still manage to stay (relatively) safe... perhaps it's why I love the mountains so much...
* have 55,000+ followers on My Daily Step on FB... a project I truly enjoy...
One of the first restaurants I tried in Sedona, and still very much a favorite - their Tom Yum soup is awesome, chicken satay thats super yummy, and lots of other thai treats for your tongue!Arizona 89A Sedona AZ 86336
Family friendly, with a great (and cheap!) breakfast selection - suggest choosing the fruit instead of hashbrowns (I had pretty oily hashbrowns here a while ago - maybe theyre better now! :)
Possibly the nicest high-end restaurant in Sedona... one of my definite stops and highest recommendations! Classic Italian, great service, wonderful wines... need I say more!W State Route 89A Sedona AZ 86336
Everything you need, great produce!Sedona AZ 86336
The infamous home of 101 Omelettes! Lots of celeb pictures from over the years too - stars have been coming here for decades, and now its your turn! (Coffee is good too - and prices are reasonable)Arizona 89A Sedona AZ 86336
Relatively cheap - Ive had good success w/getting smaller household things for My Sedona Place from here!Coffee Pot Drive Sedona AZ 86336-4505
Outside patio is awesome, and their pizzas are incredible - and a good selection of local beers, too!Arizona 89A Sedona AZ 86336
Great local bike shop - an alternative to the incessant Pink Jeeps, and they have great equipment!Arizona 89A Sedona AZ 86336
Close to downtown Sedona, this place has incredible soups and sandwiches - and salads - and drinks... cripes, I guess they have lots of great stuff! Get a table outside if you can - great views!Sedona AZ 86336-4246
They serve great local beers, you can sit at a huge wooden bar on tall stools.... kinda fun! Oh, and they have an incredible house salad - highly recommend it!North State Route 89A Sedona AZ 86336
One of my favorite places to go for crystals and gemstones... I also took my Reiki Masters here, and they continue to have free reiki shares on Wednesday nights!Jordan Road Sedona AZ 86336-4877