About This Listing
Casa Libre is a B & B located in Naguabo, PR, at the end of the Malecon (boardwalk). We are about an hour southeast of SJU Airport. We have 4 rooms available for guests. We have 3 rooms downstairs, 2 which are facing the swimming pool and deck and one upstairs with an amazing view of the bay of Naguabo, over the pool. All rooms include a private bath, A/C, wi-fi, ceiling fan & mini fridge.
A full breakfast is included with your stay. One of the rooms is more suitable for families and has a queen bed, full bed and a futon (Blue Room). The other 3 rooms have queen beds. The yellow room is a bit smaller and does not face the pool.
We are located 20 minutes from the ferries in Fajardo that take you to Vieques and Culebra, 25 minutes from El Yunque National Rainforest as well as 7 Seas and Luquillo beaches. We are also walking distance to some of the best seafood restaurants on the island, pool halls, liquor store and even a nightclub! On the weekends, the Malecon is filled with street vendors and lots of locals.
Casa Libre also has kayak rentals and a BBQ for guest use (with fee) to grill up some fresh fish from the fish market!
Low season- Mar 1- Nov 15 $100/night (+7.5% hotel tax) per couple. Yellow room $90/night (+7.5% hotel tax) per couple. $25 per additional guest per night.
High Season- Nov 16-Apr 30 $110/night (+7.5% hotel tax) per couple Yellow room $95/night (+7.5% hotel tax)- 2 night minimum stay. $25 per additional guest per night.
Current pricing is for yellow room during high season
Swimming pool. BBQ available for $5\day fee.
Interaction with Guests
It's up to you. We try to feel out each situation....
We are a small fishing village, so weekdays are pretty quiet here. On the weekends, it can be pretty fun and loud. There are wild dogs, cats and chickens.... We are walking distance to several bars and restaurants as well as our local beach.
It is possible to get here on public transportation, but it takes some time and planning and is more possible on weekdays. The public transportation to the area is mostly a weekday commuter thing... Let us know if you need transportation... we may be able to provide it (for a fee).
Other Things to Note
We are a small fishing village...it is pretty quiet during week days, but can be louder on the weekends. We are NOT a big city, so there are roosters, stray animals and we are on a septic tank system. However, this is one of the things that sets us apart from other places!
CASA LIBRE B&B HOUSE RULES
1. Check in is at 3:00 p.m.
2. Check out is at 12:00 a.m.
3. Cancellation Notice: 2 weeks prior notice of cancellation of reservation without penalty
4. Maximum of 4 people per room
1. exceptions: 4 adults and 1 child under 2 would be permitted.
2. Children 12 months and under no extra charge
3. $25 extra charge per extra person in the room (13 months and older)
5. Pets are discouraged.
1. exceptions: small dogs under 20 lbs. may be permitted - $45 charge
2. Casa Libre requires prior notification with reservation - no drop ins
6. Deposit: 1/2 amount of your stay as a deposit - non refundable if after 2 weeks
1. Balance is due upon arrival in CASH only
2. Payment must be made by money order, cashiers check, cash or paypal within the 2 weeks before your stay.
3. Failure to receive deposit will mean your reservation is not confirmed and we reserve the right to rent the room.
7. Outside music equipment by permission only
8. There is a $15 charge on bringing in own cooler and refreshments
9. Parking: for guests only. Only one vehicle per room. All others must park at the Malecon and walk up.
10. Pool Use by non guests: $12.00 daily charge per each visitor.
11. Breakfast: is served down by the pool between 8 to 10 a.m. Before 8 and after 10, coffee and toast will be provided until 11:00 a.m.
12. Smoking is not allowed in the rooms. Ashtrays are provided in all outside common areas.
13. BBQ is for guest use only. $5.00 charge per day for cleaning and gas
14. Laundry: $2.00 per wash/line dry for guests only
1. Pool Hours: 8 a.m to 11:00 p.m
1. Pool may be closed for cleaning at owners’ discretion
2. Casa Libre does NOT provide Lifeguard services
3. Children MUST be supervised by an adult while using the pool at ALL TIMES
4. Absolutely NO Glass in or around the pool - cans and cups only
5. Pools toys provided by Casa Libre only
6. No Running
7. No Diving -- Pool is 3 feet deep in shallow end and 5 feet in deep end
8. No jumping off the Fountain
Josue and Dawn were both gracious hosts. Welcoming and polite and very helpful. Accommodations were great and comfortable. Their small fishing town is quaint and truly "off the beaten path" for a truly down to the earth Puerto rican experience away from the big hotels and touristy places, this is a perfect spot to be in. Thanks again Josue and Dawn :)
Josue was able to host us for one night, out of our planned two evenings. They had some electricity issues which thanks to the Puerto Rican Government, couldn't be resolved quickly (not their fault). They understood this inconvenience, and treated us to an amazing dinner at a local restaurant to make up for it. They also were able to get us lights/an extension cord to charge our phones, and still provided excellent accommodations despite the electricity issues that night. They offered to refund our 2nd night since we planned to stay somewhere else.
The pool was not an option due to the electricity, but the View was Amazing! Their place provided a great environment to chill in a different type of P.R.
My wife doesnt do Gluten, and they accommodated her breakfast options perfectly, it was delicious. They were fun to talk to as well.
The room we were in was comfortable, and the room was as described. Josue offered us the use of his Kayaks, and I believe they would have provided even more advice had we stayed their longer. Overall a good experience.
Our stay with Josue and Dawn was very pleasant. They were inviting and friendly from the moment we arrived until our departure. It was clear they wanted us to enjoy our time in Naguabo, and worked to ensure that we never felt like strangers, pointing out good nearby restaurants and shops as well as other attractions. I would stay here again and recommend this location for anyone interested in staying near Naguabo.
The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. We had a relaxing place to hang out, and Dawn & Josue fixed us a lovely breakfast each morning. The accommodations and neighborhood were pretty much as described. It was in a working fishing village, so we were prepared for the roosters, coquis, and other lively racket of the town.
My partner and I stayed at Casa Libre for 2 nights and it was wonderful! We arrived 2 hours late because of a flight delay, and we were welcomed by Josue graciously! Josue and Dawn are welcoming, generous, and thoughtful hosts, and we were luckily provided an amazing room upgrade because the availability was there. Our room and ensuite bathroom were spacious, and the bedroom was well furnished and included an AC unit, which we didn't need. Each room also has a binder with recommendations and directions for things to do, and menus of local restaurants. That binder helped us get to El Yunque and take an incredible boat ride to Monkey Island. We also have dietary restrictions, so the menus helped us plan ahead, and of course, Josue and Dawn were very accommodating. Though our options were limited overall, they offered us several options at breakfast. It was a fantastic start to our trip, and we're glad we made it to Naguabo. The view from our room was spectacular, and the village is tiny and friendly. The roosters start well before sunrise though, so consider yourself warned.
My wife and I greatly enjoyed our stay at the Casa Libre. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished, the small fishing village vibe was a nice change of pace from the hubbub of San Juan, and you simply can't beat that view while eating breakfast in the morning or winding down in the evening. Best of all, Josue and Dawn are incredibly gracious hosts who will go the extra mile to make your trip enjoyable. They have great tips on travel through the area and will help you with anything you need. We hope to return someday!
We travelled te entire island of Puerto Rico and Josue and Dawn were our best hosts!!! If you are looking to stay in a small authentic Puerto Rican village stay here!! The room is delightful and the breakfast delicious. Bring earplugs though the roosters wake you up very early :) we recommend eating. At El Makito it was our best meal!!!
This host has 42 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Josue
I am one of the owners of Casa Libre as well as Hostel Bahia Del Paraiso, in Naguabo, Puerto Rico. I am also a certified tour guide and can provide tours and transportation for our guests as well as private and group tours.
Old San Juan / Bacardi / Shopping
Bio Bay in Fajardo
Ponce Historical Tour
Deep sea fishing excursions
CUSTOM TOURS AVAILABLE TOO!