I live in a house located in the historical neighborhood of Santa Teresa, with lots of green around in a very peaceful place. It’s a charming area, with bars and restaurants. Very near to the best spots in the neighborhood (stores, restaurants and bars), only 10 minutes by taxi or 20 minutes walk from Lapa (the most bohemian neighborhood in Rio) you will be staying at a quiet street, in a pleasant house, with a garden to relax.
House Description: a living room, one bathroom, a kitchen, a yard with flowers and plants, a laundry and internet.
This is a great opportunity to be in a beautiful and artistic environment, since Santa Teresa is known as the home for the artists in Rio.
To make our living together be really nice and leave great memories you must also follow certain rules. Feel free to talk about them, and if you have questions, do not forget that I am always available to talk. Read my rules carefully and give me it back signed.
1. Long term (1 month or more):
* If you are coming - Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to check-in apply no penalty fee. (transaction fees will be deducted from the refund).
* If you are already here - You must notify it at least 30-days before the date you decided to leave the house. Otherwise, the guest will not receive the deposit back and will pay 50% of the original agreement.
**** Except for guests from AirBnB, (website hidden) and Windu.
2. Short Term (less than one month):
* Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to check-in apply no penalty fee (transaction fees will be deducted from the refund);
* Cancellations made up to 7 days prior to check-in will incur a 50% penalty fee - 50% of the reservation deposit will be refund (transaction fees will be deducted from the refund);
* Cancellations required outside the above-stated time limit will be non-refundable.
**** Except for guests from AirBnB, (website hidden) and Windu.
3. Deposit: The TENANT will leave a deposit of R$ 500,00 that can be used by the LANDLORD to recover damages caused by the tenant of the property. If there is no discount from that deposit, it will be returned to the tenant after the inspection made on the last day of stay, when you want to leave;
Damage occurring that goes beyond the deposit amount, the TENANT shall immediately pay the difference to the landlord.
**** Except for guests from AirBnB, (website hidden) and Windu.
4. Occupancy: ALL PERSONS STAYING IN THE ROOM MUST BE REGISTERED AT THE TIME OF YOUR RESERVATION. Any unregistered guests will be charged at the rate of R$ 150,00 per person per night. If people are found on the property that are not named in your reservation, you are in breach of contract and may be denied access to the property. No refunds will be issued if you are refused accommodations due breach of contract.
5. Check-in is at 12am and Check-out is at 10am. This allows adequate time for cleaning between tenants.
There may be charges for early arrival – 50,00 and late checkout – 50,00. Deducted from your deposit.
6. Utilities: Please turn off the fan, all electrical appliances and lights when not in use and when you leave.
After using the kitchen to prepare your meal, wash, dry and store everything that you used. Failure to comply with this rule will result in discount of R$ 50,00 in your security deposit at the end of your stay.
I dont provide the guest with salt, sugar, oils, condiments. It is the responsibility of the guest.
7. Quiet Hours are 22pm and 7am. Please keep all noise levels to a minimum during this time. You are in a family house, surrounded by neighbors.
8. Laundry: You can use the washing machine once a week – per room - for two washed one to wash light-colored clothes and the other one to wash dark clothes. If you need or want to wash more quantity of clothes I can indicate a laundry service that will charge you 16,00 per kilo. I’m not responsible for any damage to clothing or objects left. Read and follow the machine instructions.
I don’t provide washing powder and no other product.
9. Garbage is collected every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday between 8 and 9 in the morning. All guests are in the house for periods up to one month automatically assume the responsibility to ensure the removal of garbage from inside the house. In the backyard there (email hidden) with black cap, please, if you check the garbage bins are full, remove the plastic bag, put an empty plastic bag inside the basket and deposit the garbage bag containing trash inside the green wastebasket behind the house.
Always remove the garbage from inside the room to prevent spread of cockroaches.
10. Damage: Please report any inoperative equipment, damages, risks or failures immediately. The registered guest is directly responsible for any damage, intentional or unintentional accidental to the inside or outside the home or common areas caused by the guest, your family or your guests, and will be charged for all repairs, replacement and other related expenses.
Being house with more than one guest, no matter who caused the damage, all are responsible and will bear the repair or the payment will be deducted from the deposit.
Do not throw toilet paper into the toilet since this can cause damage to it. Being necessary maintenance for this reason there will be discount from the deposit.
11. Behavior: Occupation and use of common areas and facilities should not be so as not to upset or offend people or residents. For example, guests can’t hang towels and clothes on windows or doors. In that way, I have the right to remove any guests who don’t strictly follow this rule with total loss of rent and deposits. Leave any room of the house in excessively dirty condition or with sand will result in in additional cleaning fee of R$ 30,00 discounted on your deposit.
12. At the end of your stay you must leave the room clean as you receive it. Otherwise, you pay in cleaning fee of R$ 30,00 or the same will be deducted from your deposit.
13. Close doors and windows. When leaving, don’t forget to close the doors and windows. This will give you more privacy and prevent rain or high winds cause damage to your belongings.
14. Notify objects lost or damaged. Remember that you are responsible for all existing objects and equipment in your room. If you lose or break something, is not a drama, just report the fact immediately.
15. Don’t invite strangers: Persons not registered are not allowed in the house. If you know someone in town and wants to take home, talk to me before. Anyway, is not allowed to any stranger stay in the house to sleep guest house. If this happens you will receive a fine of R$ 150,00 to be paid immediately. If the payment doesn’t happen you have to leave the house in immediately.
16. Talking openly. If you are dissatisfied with any item, hosting, reporting to the owner who together solve your problem.
17. Return the key before leaving: Before leaving, remember to return the keys of the house. Also make sure nothing gets left behind in the room. Anyway, do not worry if this happens, I am committed to store your belongings for at least 30 days.
18. It´s not allowed to smoke inside the house.
19. Electricity: Please, keep the lights off if you are not at your room and the fan as well.
Use the same procedure for the rest of the lights ans fans at the entire house.
Otherwise, it will be charged at the end of your stay.
20. Please, don’t forget that you are not in a hotel. I do not have room service, maid or employee to organize the house. My idea is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible for everybody.
21. Guests are always welcome at the living room but, use your good sense and please not spending the whole day there and keep your stuff at your room, as well as use your computer and keep it at your bedroom. Thats why all of my rooms have a table.
22. Changes in this regulation: Santa Teresa Guesthouse may amend these House Rules from time to time. If we make any substantial changes that affect you, we will notify you.
Vera is such an amazing person, she has a great vibe and personality. Vera welcomed me into her eccentric home with warmth and friendliness. Vera's home is nestled in a little cobble street in the beautiful and laid back town of santa teresa, for me the best boheim gem of a city in Rio.
Vera's house is simple, clean and colourful, and all the rooms are lovely. Great transportation links to the main towns. If you need to stay in rio from all the hustle & bustle of Rio, Vera's home is the place to be.
I must say when I first booked this place I was slightly nervous by the sheer amount of rules that were listed. What ever you do don't let that put you off staying here! Vera is generous and kind. She waited up late for me on the first night when I got lost in Rio, then she even parked my car for me and never once made me feel bad about it.
Her place is in a really unique part of Rio de Janeiro. Coming from Sydney I felt like I'd arrived somewhere different and special. the room is perfect for a short stay with a cupboard for clothes and a desk. The desk was perfect for setting up my music gear, and it had a lovely view over the city.
Vera was a great host. A nice and very helpful person. The room was as described, although I thougt it was a shared room, but it was a single room. During my stay there was another couple living there at Vera's place. The atmosphere was very family-like. I enjoyed it a lot. The house is situated in an area where you can see more of the 'real' life of Rio apart from the highly touristic centers like Copacabana. I highly recommend Vera's place.
This place is great. Vera is great (she even looked after me when I was sick!). Also, great value for money. If you want to see a more normal side of RJ than the touristy beaches of the South, I'd highly recommend Vera's.
I had a very nice stay as Vera is a welcoming and helpful host. I just think it is a bit overpriced for what you get but as I learned that is Rio.
Clean and tidy.
Very disagreable hostess who complained over guest spending time in living-room although that was supposed to be a shared space.
Location is very far from the centre of Santa Teresa and close to unsafe favela. Also close to Sambodrome where at times low quality musical shows pestered entire weekends until four o'clock in the morning,
I cannot in any way recommend this place.
Erling has spent all his time sitting at the living room, drinking, using the internet and trying to tell me about the disaster that was his marriage. Or, worse, complaining about my country and about the house where you were before arrive in my home. He dared to call us barbaros and compare Brazil with Europe, as it is possible. If you like Europe, stay there. We already have enough foreigners coming to Brazil. We don't need someone like you. He's not a nice person, he drinks the whole day and he doesn't mind to be impolite.
Dear, you should stay at your country which one is much better than mine.
When I complained with him about the time he used to spend at the living room - it was one day I have arrived at home and many of his stuff were spread around - he started screaming with me!!!!!
You were renting a room not the whole house. You are the only guest who complained about it. It is a little weird, isn't it? I don't mind to share my house with people that, at least, know how to respect my country and the fact that the house is mine.
Just an advise, Santa Teresa is not a place for someone in your age. Next time go to Copacabana, Ipanema or Leblon where you will find a lot of people like you.
If your experience at my house wasn't good, having you here was worse and I was counting the time for you leave.
I stayed fot two weeks in Vera's house. It was a great time. Vera is an open minded, relaxed and helpful person who, from the first moment on, made me feel welcome in her house. And the great thing was that she always invited me to go out for a drink with her friends. A great way to learn the carioca's and the city.
The location of the house is nice. At Largo das Neves, which is 100 meter from her house you already find some nice bars and restaurants and every 15 minutes there's leaving a bus to the centre. The only disadvantage is the fact that at nighttime you always need to pick a taxi to go back.
The room is quiet small, but that's not a big problem, the living room downstairs is nice and you're always welcome there. And apart from that Vera has an garden where you can enjoy the sunshine.
This host has 19 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
My name is Vera and I moved to Rio de Janeiro more than 3 years ago. During this period I found out that I really like to receive people at my house.
Welcome and have fun!