About this listing
Stay in our cozy little studio. You have your own private bathroom, balcony with morning sun and a Nespresso-coffee. And most important: 2 bikes are included!
We would like to welcome you in our cozy small studio near the city centre of Amsterdam. It is located in a trendy and multicultural neighborhood, with bars and restaurants around the corner, we love living here every day!
We, Philip and I, live on the second floor. Our lovely neighbors live on the first and third floor. The studio is based on the fourth floor at the courtyard-side. At the street side of the 4th floor there is another studio (owned by my neighbors). We all share the common stairwell of the flat. There is no elevator (we are used to it:).
The studio has a private entrance. It is 12 m2 (= 4x3 meter), the balcony is 4 m2 and the hall/toilet is 12 m2.
You have your own balcony and shower in your room. And your own wash stand. There is a complete privacy. You only have to share the toilet in the common stairwell with one other person who is rarely there. This is 3 meters from the room.
- Double bed (1,40 m x 2,10 m), new linen.
- Microwave (no stove or kitchen)
- Coffee (nespresso) and tea (capsules/tea bags included)
- Sugar, salt & pepper.
- Locker (15 x 20 x 10 cm)
- Flatscreen TV (32 inch)
- Hair dryer
- Wireless internet
- Light-tight blinds
- English books about Amsterdam and Holland
- City plan
- 2 Bikes
- Clear house manual.
- 6% VAT
- 6% tourist fee.
In spring and summer (April - September) the sun will warm up the balcony from 7AM till 2PM. It's quite and peaceful with a lot of fresh flowers and you can hear the birds singing in the morning.
We made a personal book about the neighborhood for our guests. You can find our personal best restaurants and local hotspots in here. Restaurants, supermarkets, pool table cafes, ATM, nightclubs, parks and a very good hairdresser are around the corner.
Tram 13 stops less than 100 metres from my house and brings you in 8 minutes to the Dam square and Central Station, it runs 8 times per hour. I often walk to the citycenter and it's an easy 25 minutes walk passing by lively streets, nice shops and sunny terraces. By bike it's 10 minutes cycling.
If you want to go to the movie, concert, specific shops, gym, yoga, sauna, restaurant, swimming pool, beach, museum, you name it, I love to help you with the good locations.
If you are interested, don’t forget to tell something about yourself (gender, age, nationality, etc).
You are very welcome,
Marieke and Philip
Interaction with Guests
We love to welcome you so if possible, we meet in person when you arrive. I have a city plan for you and we can have a chat together, so you can ask any question you want. We know the city very well.
We love our neighborhood, it's called 'The Baarsjes' over here. It's lively, local, trendy and rough at the same time. Many cultures live here together. And we have the best restaurants just around the corner.
There is a tram stop 100 meters from the house, this tram brings you straight to the oldest part of the center in 5 minutes (8 times per hour).
But we also have good bikes, the best transport to explore Amsterdam! (Bikes are included)
* Linen, toilet paper, soap and towels are included. If you need fresh towels, ask me and I replace them for free.
* Laundry service is available (for free)
* In this house I live with lovely neighbours, please respect them by;
- entering and leaving the studio quietly, (especially on the stairs)
- no phoning/talking in the hall,
- take off your shoes with hard soles in the studio.
* Check in; between 2PM and 00PM on the day of arrival. Let me know in advance what is the best time for you. We make an appointment on a fixed time. (If you arrive earlier, off course you can store your luggage. When there are no guests that morning, you can enter the studio earlier).
* Check out; No later than 11am on the day of departure (if needed, you can store your luggage for the rest of the day).
* No smoking inside.
* No drugs and no joints allowed in the studio, neither the balcony.
* Throw the garbage in the bins outside. There is a bin at the opposite of the street (in front of the park). Unfortunately we still don't separate waste, only glass. New garbage bags are in the storage room.
* Should the studio suffer any loss or damage as a result of an act or omission by a guest, he or she will remain liable and will be billed accordingly.
* Unfortunately I cannot accept any liability for loss of or damage to any valuables or property belonging to guests.
* No other guests beside those who checked-in to the studio.
* Especially in summer the plants need water every day. Would you be so kind to give my plants some water? The watering can is on the balcony.
* In case of emergency, there is a fire escape to the roof.
* Coffee (Nespresso), tea and milk are included. Also the two bikes are included. Nothing will be charged subsequently.
My name is Marieke and I live in Amsterdam, together with Philip. In assignment (I'm a photographer) I've traveled to many countries such as Mozambique, Afghanistan, Colombia, Zambia, Malawi, Burkina Faso, Iraq, Liberia, Kenya, Uganda, Suriname, Benin, Paraguay, Ghana and India.
Last summer, Philip and I drove through Europe with our camper. Our destination was Ankara in Turkey and yes we made it after 5500 kilometers! This year we drive to the small Russian exclave Kaliningrad, between Poland and Lithuania. We love geography/history and surprising places. And in my opinion traveling is the best way of learning life.
We love the stories from the people we've meet around the world. And for this reason we decided to create a comfortable, safe and cozy place to do it also opposite. This place is for people who want to experience our city, its inhabitants and our culture from a local perspective.
You are very welcome!
Marieke and Philip