Villa Alam Bidadari (The Angel’s Abode)
This new villa was completed in 2012, and combines the best of traditional Balinese open living with a comfortable, modern environment. Located on the edge of a still-traditional village on the outskirts of Ubud, the villa is surrounded by trees, rice fields and a seedling nursery, and the village temple is just down the road. Here you can enjoy Bali’s still-vibrant rural life, while central Ubud with its restaurants and other attractions is just a 5 minute drive away.
• Two stories, with a pleasant view and a private garden. Top quality construction.
• One very large bedroom (king bed, 200x200) and attached full bath upstairs – separate bath tub and shower with hot water. Wrap around windows and high ceilings make it a light and airy hideaway.
• Second bedroom (with queen bed (180x200) and attached bath downstairs, including shower with hot water.
• Air conditioning in the downstairs bedroom, and up stair too.
• Both bedrooms have lockable doors.
• Large open living and dining area downstairs overlooking the garden.
• Fully equipped kitchen with new gas cook top and refrigerator/freezer.
• There is a small lotus pond and temple in the garden where our family makes daily offerings.
The house is suitable for one or two couples, or a small family. The price includes daily housekeeping service and all utilities, including bottled water. There is a laundry nearby and we can help organize that service for you. There is a good grocery store on the near outskirts of Ubud with a wide variety of international products – including meats and dairy products – and there is a weekly organic farmer’s market in the next village just up the road (Tuesdays, year round). Many restaurants in the Ubud area will deliver to the villa.
Our family compound is directly behind the villa, and we are happy to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Since I work in tourism, I can assist in arranging airport pick up or drop off, rental of a car or motorbike, or suggest day trips you might enjoy. The neighborhood is welcoming – and very safe. We have a small dog in our compound, but he does not wander into the guest villa property.
A five minute ride away in central Ubud, you will find many excellent restaurants, world-class spas and yoga studios. The villa is located in the village of Katiklantang, just south of Penestanan and on the southwest side of Ubud. Our village consists of mainly Balinese families (and a few resident visitors) – nearly everyone farms and keeps a cow or some ducks, there’s a painter or carver in most families, kids fly kites in the rice fields, and women are busy preparing offerings for our many traditional ceremonies. You are always welcome to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea in the local shop and join the chat about the day’s activities.
Free parking on premises
Unavailable: Smoke detector
Unavailable: Carbon monoxide detector