PLEASE read the listing details below carefully as it contains many important information that answers most of your questions.
The house is SAFE, QUITE, CLEAN, COZY, NEAR TO DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER & HAS REALLY POSITIVE ENERGY!
The typical thing about this room, most airbnb guests booked it for a week or two BUT then they feel comfortable, extend their stay for a couple of months after they get esp.discount^^
The House is just 6 KM (~3.5 miles) a way from DOWN TOWN VANCOUVER. Although its cold & & chilly now but I bike almost daily to down town Vancouver esp. on dry weather. Its really fun & environmentally friendly!
By public transportation (Bus or Sky train) it takes around 25-30 minutes depends on traffic.
By car only 20 minutes or less... In summer it takes max 25 minutes beautiful bike ride from the house to Downtown Vancouver.
Private small room, cozy & comfortable in the suite which is WARM, CLEAN & FULLY FURNISHED.
This is a quite & clean 3 Bedrooms Basement suite in a back yard of small House that is located in ONE Zone SAFE Area Of Vancouver.
Close to very Frequent Public Transportation Bus #22 direct from Down town to the House(20 minutes max). Bus # 41 & #33 to Canada line & Skytrain station.
Your room has single bed, Computer or Laptop table, Small TV with DVD, Table Lamp, a closet or small storage space, BED LINENS, Iron & Iron board.
The house overall isn't anything fancy, however it's a simple, comfortable & PRICE AFFORDABLE accommodation for your short stay in Vancouver .
FREE WIFI Wireless Secured Internet,
FREE TV CABLE in your room.
FREE & ALWAYS AVAILABLE STREET PARKING in front & near to the House if you have a car...
Let me know if you need any help or advise about your plan visit.... cheers!
* The house is really quite as we don't have kids or close to a noisy traffic.
* The suite has a private entrance so you are free to leave & come back home any time you like & its really SAFE neighborhood.
* If you like to extend your stay on a monthly basis you will get esp. discount.
* In the beginning you will always get help about shopping, finding places of interest, help to settle down or even free ride to down town.
* It is important to read both the Guest & the Host reviews for complete understanding of any particular situation.
I enjoy very much meeting new people, exploring new culture, sharing new ideas & helping my guests planning their visit to our beautiful city of Vancouver. So, come over I invite you for a cup of tea/coffee & lets have have friendly chat^^
Our Neighborhood is rich in its multiculturalism.
Its mainly divided in 3 ethnic groups. The Chinese, The European (Italian & German) & mixed of other European, Asian & Middle eastern.
- Beside the cheap & fresh Chinese Grocery stores on Victoria Dr. and E37th (10 minutes walking distance) you can find
- Western foods in London Drugs Supermarket on Victoria Dr. and E 41st (10 minutes walk).
- The famous German Club House on Victoria Dr. & E33rd. 10-15 minutes walking distance (If you miss Germany or needs info )
- Duffin's just few minutes from the house on Knight & 41st (5 minutes walking distance) Fast Food Day or Night (open 24 hrs) serves a variety of food including hot torta subs, burgers, Chinese food, and of course, those tasty donuts.
- Italian Culture Centre at 3075 Slocan and Grandview HWY
To Down town Vancouver
There are many ways to get to Down town with approximate travel time around 25-40 minutes depends on the traffic.
- Bus # 22 Direct one bus ride. Bus stop at Knight and 37th Ave. (5 minutes from the house)
- Bus # 41 Direction West (UBC) get off at Oakridge mal Canadaline Skytrain ( around 10 minutes ride) then take Skytrain to Downown or to Vancouver International Airport.
- Bus #41 Direction East (Joyce/Collingwood) (around 10 minutes ride) get off at the last stop at Joyce/Collingwood Skytrain station & take Skytrain Direction West Bound Direction to Down town Vancouver (13 minutes skytrain ride)
- Bus # 33 Direction West (UBC) get off at King Edward Canadaline Skytrain (10 minutes bus ride) then take the Canada Line Skytrain to Downtown or to the Vancouver International Airport.
- Bus #33 Direction East (E29th Ave.) get off at the last stop E29th Ave. Skytrain station (10 minutes bus ride) Then take the Skytrain Direction West Bound to Down town Vancouver (around 11 minutes)
- Bus #8 at Fraser Str./E37th Direction North to Downtown Vancouver (around 25-40 minutes)
- Queen Elizabeth Park (15 minutes walking distance from the house. (website hidden) it^^
- Metrotown Mall in Burnaby (around 20 minutes bus/skytrain ride) Big mall for EVERYTHING YOU NEED from Clothing, Gifts, All kind of food etc. Bus #41 East Direction Joyce/Collingwood Skytrain (around 10 minutes ride). Then take Skytrain East Bound to Metrotown (around 5 minutes)
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||5 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$184 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$619 /month|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
I was on business/education trip and stayed for one week with Lamar. I arrived later at night than anticipated so Lamar stayed up quite late to check me in and show me around. He was very professional/friendly and made my stay a very positive experience. The place was what i expected, not a castle, but a safe warm quiet place to stay with a very pleasant host. The room i stayed in was in the basement with a shared bathroom, livingroom, kitchen with dish/kitchen ware to cook. The bedroom was a little chilly so he had several blankets and a small heater and insisted that if i needed anything i could text, call or knock on his door at anytime. Lamar was very helpful and made suggestions of sights to see, places to visit and activities to my interest in the city. I would not hesitate to stay with him again if i was to go to Vancouver.
Eva is independent, responsible, friendly & great guest. She drives by herself all the way from Alberta to Vancouver for education course that she attended. Which is my drive dream, I wish I could do that myself in the future but for sure not in winter^^ I had the opportunity to chat with her for couple of hours about different things including her course, carrier & other very exiting things in life. She has great & respectful personality with open minded prospective about people & life. It was really what I did expect from a decent guest which as a host make my experience very positive. She took very good care of the place & was very clean & well organized. I do recommend her strongly to any host & she will be always welcome back any time in the future.
I stayed here for 1 month and had a very good experience here. Lamar is a super nice landlord. I really enjoy having a chat with him. This house is located in a quiet area and easy to go everywhere by bus. Highly recommended!!
Overall, I had an OK experience. Location was perfect for me, it's a nice, quiet area and it's not hard to get downtown. The house was clean and organized, but unfortunately doesn't have a welcoming feel (very sterile, pictures wrapped in plastic).
The room was very cold. Sure, the blankets warm you up at night, but it's not pleasant to be in the room unless you are in bed.
Also: Don't leave without going to Duffin's!
I stayed there for 8days and had a good time! The place is very quiet and Lamar was very helpful. I got to meet other tenants and spent a good time with them ! Thank you so much Lamar!
It was brilliant, fantastic house, you share kitchen with fridge and oven ;)
Nice Garden in a nice area - If I later come back to Vancouver i will look for Lamars place again ;) Really nice Place in a nice house, it's an international place there
Everything what you can need is on about 1 or 2 blocks reachable on your feet.