About this listing
Live a unique and authentic Athenian experience in a 19th century house right in the heart of Athens!!
• Very central location, heart of historic center of Athens
• 19th century traditional house
• Beautiful courtyard
• Pedestrian, quiet street
• Recently renovated
• Fully equipped
• Beautiful, safe neighborhood, home to artists, actors, writers,
• Ideal location to discover Athens on foot
• Easy public transport access to most areas of Athens (metro,
tram, trolley, bus)
• Free WI-FI internet
This is a fully equipped one bedroom apartment, recently renovated in a lovely, independent 19th century two-storey house – one of the few of its kind in the center of Athens.
The 63 sq.meters / 680 sq.ft apartment is on the GROUND floor of the house and can accommodate 2-4 persons. It consists of one bedroom, a living room with a double sofa-bed (140X200cm), a fully equipped kitchen and a bathroom.
One of its most enchanting features is the small, private courtyard - for your exclusive use- where you can enjoy your meals or relax after a long day of visits. Located on a delightful, shady pedestrian street, you will enjoy the incomparable peace and quiet, away from the noise of the bustling city. Although you are in the very heart of Athens you could swear you're in a village!
The house's traditional architecture, with its thick stone walls, provides a natural shelter from extreme temperatures both in summer and winter –plus there is a state of the art air-conditioning unit, 24/7 instant-on warm water and independent heating.
Many amenities will make your stay enjoyable:
* Free Wi-Fi internet.
* TV with dvd player and home cinema audio system.
* A selection of English and international movies (all in English or original language w/ optional subtitles).
* A selection of books in English & French.
* Hair dryer.
* Fresh linen and towels.
* Free telephone (local calls only)
The historic district of Mets lies to the east of the Acropolis, opposite the Zappeion Gardens, just south of the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympics were held in 1896. Unique thanks to its many delightful old Athenian houses dating from the 19th century, Mets is renowned for its quiet pedestrian streets and the many gardens and parks surrounding it. Right in the heart of Athens, this quiet and extremely safe residential district is home to many Greek artists, actors and writers.
Mets is a taste of old Athens, where streets are shaded by flowering trees, lined with neoclassical houses with tiled roofs and charming courtyards, and filled with the scent of jasmine and bougainvillea. It's one of the most beautiful neighborhoods to explore in the city, with excellent dining and nightlife options, from trendy bars with stunning views to the Acropolis to one of Europe's finest jazz clubs.
As your hosts, we aim to provide you not only with a top quality stay, but also with all the information and assistance you need before and during your travel to understand contemporary Greece and truly enjoy a hassle-free holiday.
Being seasoned travelers ourselves, we know first-hand what one needs to feel at home and make the most of their stay in a foreign land.
We'll be more than happy to share our best tips, from restaurants to trendy bars and from charming shops to less known but worthy sights.
In addition we can arrange for private transfers and tours in Athens and beyond – don't miss the unique food walking tour for an ‘off-the-eaten track' authentic Athenian experience!
The house is ideally located to experience Athens on foot – you can drop by the house for a short rest, to drop your shopping bags or have a quick lunch before continuing with your day. Athens' most important sights and landmarks are within walking reach:
•Zappeion / National Gardens 5 mins
•Panathenaic Stadium (Kallimarmaro) 5 mins
•Temple of Olympian Zeus 6 mins
•Acropolis Museum 10 mins
•Plaka 12 mins
•Syntagma (Parliament) square & metro station 15 mins
•Acropolis 20 mins
ACCESS & PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Transportation and access is easy to/from the Airport and Piraeus harbor either by car/taxi or by public transport:
Athens International Airport
35 mins drive by car/taxi
55 mins with Public transport (tram & metro)
Piraeus Harbo(URL HIDDEN) 20 mins drive by car/tax(URL HIDDEN) 35-40 mins with public transport
NEAREST PUBLIC TRANSPORT STATIONS
Metro: Nearest station (ACROPOLIS) is 10 mins walk. SYNTAGMA, the main metro station of Athens, is 15 mins away.
Tram: Nearest stop (ZAPPEIO) is 4 mins from the house
Trolley Bus & Bus: Nearest stop (KOLIMBITIRIO) is 2 mins from the house
•We speak fluent English and French, good Spanish and understand some German too!
A lovely neighborhood of artists, architects and journalists, one of the safest in Athens, with beautiful pedestrian streets and traditional houses.
The house is ideally located at walking distance from most major sites and at the same time a haven from the noise of the busy Athenian capital.
- We will send you check in information when you book. We need to know your exact arrival time AT LEAST 24h in advance to be there and welcome you. If you don't provide it you will need to contact us when you arrive and come to get the keys from us by taxi, as we live far.
- If for any reason your arrival is delayed (flight/ship cancelled, delayed, other) we need to know at least one hour before scheduled arrival time otherwise we will not be at the house and you will need to come by taxi and get the keys from us.
-We want you to feel as much at home as possible and have a memorable and enjoyable stay in Athens. However, here a a few basic housekeeping rules to remember:
- No drugs, no guns.
- No extra overnight guests unless notified in advance.
- Smoking is allowed in the courtyard but not in the apartment.
- Family and gay friendly.
- Pets welcome.
-Always lock the gate door, when inside the house and when going out. This is your security. Also, don't leave valuables in the house, as we cannot bear any responsibility for their loss.
- Respect common quiet hours between (phone number hidden) (siesta time!) and after 23:00 -these are defined by law and valid throughout Greece.
- Respect the property and the furnishings - there is no safety deposit so please treat the apartment as if it were your own home so that the following guests enjoy their stay as much as you.
Thank you and enjoy exciting Athens!
Tina & Elissavet
The newly renovated neoclassical house dates from the 1870s and is a listed building - as such it has retained all the original characteristics like the tiled roof, thick stone walls, wrought iron door, private courtyard, etc...