About this listing
Great reviews! A surprise package, sleeps 5. Close to beach, ocean views, amazing sunsets, quiet location, accessible to everything on the island, neat as a pin, modern renovation, lots of extras. Air-cond. Pets welcome. Check out the reviews!
SURFIE JOHN's SHACK is a funky, fully renovated beach (URL HIDDEN) neat as a pin. Check out the amazing reviews! Consistent feedback is that it is fantastic AND GREAT value.
Great central location, no more than 10 minutes from everything on the Island. You'll be amazed at what this place offers. Close to surf beaches and family beaches and only a couple of hundred of metres from the ocean. Amazing summer sunsets out front.
Sleeps 5 (7 with futon bed) - Master bedroom has a queen size bed and second very large bedroom has a tri-bunk and futon couch. Electric blankets on all beds, heating in each room and fans.
Open plan living/kitchen/dining. Not large, but comfortable for a small group or family. Features: leather sofa, wall mounted flat screen TV & DVD; newly renovated, fully self contained and well equipped kitchen with electric oven and microwave. Air-conditioning and heating.
Bathroom with shower over 1/2 bath, front loader washing machine and separate toilet.
Rear deck with bench seat and outdoor shower. Rear yard is fully enclosed with a dog kennel and perfect for fluffy friends. There is also a small cubby for very small people and outdoor play setting with swing.
Front porch along full length of the house is fully covered and has bistro blinds to close in the front. There is also a patio heater, outdoor setting, gas BBQ, hammock, and outdoor bean bags.
What more could you want? If there is anything, we love suggestions, as our goal is for our house to be gorgeous, functional and comfortable and for our guests to want to return and rave to all and sundry about this amazing place.
The history of the house is that it has been the family surf shack for more than 20 years. It was rather neglected as is was intended to be pulled down and replaced. However, a change of ownership in the family has seen the old girl ready to match it with the best of what the Island can offer in 2 bedroom accomodation.
Walking distance to Surfies Point Beach and Surf spot
- Pets are allowed by arrangement. Please advise of your fur friends in your reservation request for us to discuss. Where pets are accepted, it is expected that owners will clean up after them ie dog hair, poop etc.
MINIMUM BOOKING PERIODS
*MOTOR CYCLE GRAND PRIX
- 7 night bookings only accepted up to 3 months before the event.
- 3 night bookings will be accepted 3 months before the event.
- 2 night bookings will be accepted from 2 months before the event.
*EASTER, V8'S & MELBOURNE CUP
- 4 night bookings only accepted up to 1 months before the event.
- 3 night bookings will be accepted 2 weeks before.
*20th DECEMBER to 1st FEBRUARY
- minimum 5 nights, unless there is a shorter window between other bookings and we will be happy to book those days.
Minimum 2 night bookings. (Unless you can see on calendar that there is a sneaky one night available between bookings and we will book out that night)
- Normally after 2pm but may be able to be earlier, depending on when last quests are checking out. Please ask about earlier checkin if preferred.
- Standard checkout time is 10 a.m. However, later time may be negotiated if no guests are checking in the same afternoon and depending on availability of the cleaners.
LINEN & TOWELS
- Guests are to provide own linen and towels, except for Premium stay bookings (special events) and bookings of 7 nights or more. This top and bottom sheets, pillow cases and towels, tea towels, bath mat. Items provided for all bookings are mattress protectors, doonas (with covers)/blankets, pillow with pillow protectors.
- Linen and towels can be supplied at $15 per person or a maximum of $50 per booking by arrangement.
Address - Sunderland Bay
A $70 cleaning fee is charged per booking. Note that this is the price we are charged by the cleaners. We feel the fairest way to charge this is on top of the per night fee. If we build it into the per night fee, ie an additional $35 per night, bookings of two night would pay the same as they do now. However, bookings longer than 2 nights would end up paying more.
Note that a very basic holiday cabin in a caravan park on Phillip Island costs over $100 per night and is nowhere near as lovely, spacious, well equipped or well positioned.
The property is private house.
Interaction with Guests
Guests are left to themselves through their stay unless there is a problem, in which case we are 10 minutes away.
Sunderland Bay is on the coast side of the Island. It is a quiet area with no traffic noise, close to beaches and well located to everything on the Island.
There is a bus stop about 1 km away.
A Vline bus provides transport to and from Phillip Island.
There is a taxi service and also minimal public transport around the Island.
Additional bus services are provided for the major events on the Island.
Hiring bikes can be a good alternative.
To investigate public transport options, do an internet search on 'public transport victoria journey planner'.
Other Things to Note
Please have the following on your airbnb profile before booking - email, mobile and another validation. Note that as a host, I only see the details of these once a booking is confirmed.
- Respect the neighbours and keep noise to reasonable levels at reasonable times
- No parking on the lawn.
- No smoking inside
- Clean BBQ after use
- Pets by arrangement only. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up pet hair, poop and reporting and paying for any pet damage. Cover beds and furniture to protect from pet hair/dirt.
Beach styled lounge area with leather sofa, looking on flat screen TV with DVD and iPod speaker docking station.
I've recently made the sea change to Phillip Island with my family after a too busy life in Melbourne, working in Project Management and Finance. We love it and couldn't be happier. I love renovating houses with my husband, travel, gardening and hiking. So far I've tackled Mt Everest Base Camp, Oxfam 100kms, Overland track and am now planning Machu Pichu. We have had numerous holiday rental properties and gain enormous satisfaction from guests have a great experience at one of our properties.