About This Listing
Our cozy family cabin is located in Roseland, VA. It is the ideal mountain getaway for families, students, couples, or individuals. The space comfortably fits up to eight people, and the area offers activities that everyone can enjoy year-round!
In addition to being known for it winter sports, the area is also a wonderful place for swimming, fishing, hiking, and rafting during the Spring/Summer months. Roseland/Nelson County (also referred to simply as "Wintergreen") is home to a number of wonderful vineyards, craft breweries, nature trails, and of course beautiful mountain views!
Our cabin is adjacent to the Wintergreen Resort which includes ski slopes, restaurants, and shops. They also offer various outdoor activities and public programs.
* Please note that we are not affiliated with Wintergreen Resort. Access to their facilities is limited to their public programs, which include winter sports, outdoor recreation, and periodic events. We cannot supply passes to their indoor pool, spa area, or guest services.
Our cabin has two bathrooms and three bedrooms (two king-sized beds and two sets of bunk beds), so the home can easily accommodate 6-8 people. It also features a full kitchen, dishwasher, deck, wireless internet, and a TV with Bluray/DVD Player.
Our kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, utensils, and cookware. There is also a coffee maker, washer/dryer, oven and microwave. You're welcome to use any of these items during your stay but please clean any used dishes before checking out and remove all perishable trash (see House Rules).
Interaction with Guests
We do not live at the property and use the space primarily as a vacation home. We will not be present during your stay but we do have caretakers nearby who check on the property and are available in the event of an emergency.
Our neighborhood is a quaint community of cabins and vacation homes bordering the Wintergreen Resort. The resort office is less than 5 minutes away by car for those who may be utilizing their facilities. We are not a ski in/ski out unit.
Just down the road (less than a 5 minute drive), you'll find The Market At Wintergreen, which provides a solid array of groceries, so don't worry if you've forgotten to pack something to eat.
There are several hiking trails in the immediate area and a beautiful mountain overlook within walking distance of the cabin. Be sure to spend some time enjoying the local flora and fauna!
Parking is available on site. We have a parking lot that can fit 2-3 mid-sized vehicles. Please let us know if the lot is inaccessible at any time due to snow or debris.
Other Things to Note
* Rates may vary seasonally and on holidays, based on demand.
* Check In time is generally set at 1PM but is flexible. Please let us know if you'll be checking in before or after 1PM.
* We are not affiliated with the Wintergreen Resort and cannot ensure that all of their facilities will be available to our guests. Please contact the Wintergreen Resort Office to get additional information about their public facilities and programs.
* Please note that your security deposit will be returned in full by Airbnb unless something is missing or significantly damaged.
* If you are aware of another rental property on the mountain with comparable amenities that is being listed at a lower price than our property, feel free to let us know! We'd be happy to negotiate our rates with you depending on the season and demand.
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES CAREFULLY SO THAT WE CAN GIVE YOU THE REVIEW THAT YOU DESERVE! But also make yourself at home and make the most of your stay!
- PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOUR ITINERARY REFLECTS THE CORRECT NUMBER OF GUESTS IN YOUR PARTY. This includes you and all friends, relatives, or other guests who will be staying overnight during your reserved dates (even if they are only staying for one evening). You can edit your number of guests and amend your itinerary at any time.
- Let us know if anything is not working or is damaged when you arrive or during your stay. We’d like to know, so it can be fixed promptly!
- Do not smoke inside! You can smoke on the deck or back porch, but please do not throw cigarette butts into the surrounding wooded area.
- If you use the fireplace, be careful and follow all instructions! Our fireplace is deactivated annually from June until August.
- PLEASE ONLY USE AVAILABLE SPACE HEATERS IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, or if there is a problem with the central air. It's very probable that a space heater will trip one of our breakers (depending on where it is plugged in). The breaker box is located in the crawl space under the cabin and is only accessible externally. You are welcome to use the fireplace at any time though (see the "House Manual" for fireplace instructions).
- Respect the plumbing! Please never pour cooking grease or inappropriate materials down the drains (dispose of grease in a trash bin once it has cooled).
- DO NOT adjust or alter any valves or setting on our propane system without consulting us first. In the event of an emergency or utility disruption please contact us immediately.
- When you are preparing to leave, please use our Checkout Checklist below.
- TAKE ALL PERISHABLE TRASH TO THE COMMUNITY DUMPSTER! When driving out of the neighborhood you should see a large dumpster located on Black Rock Dr. (between the cabin and The Market at Wintergreen). In order to keep our home bug/rodent-free, we request that guests toss their bagged garbage away at this dumpster when they leave. We schedule regular cleanings after each guest has checked out, however, it may be several days between reservations.
- Be sure to leave all slept-in beds un-made so we know which linens to clean after your stay. You can leave dirty towels and rags on the bathroom floor or on top of the washing machine. Please do not leave any wet fabrics in the washer or dryer though.
- Make sure all lights/appliances are turned off and all windows/doors are shut and locked.
- Wash and put away any dirty dishes that you've used during your stay.
- In the winter/fall, please turn the thermostat to its lowest setting when you check out. In the summer/spring, turn it to the highest setting when you check out.
- Try to leave the rest of the house as it was when you arrived. If you move furniture or decor items, please restore them to their original location before checking out.
- For safety, please lock the doors when exiting.
- You can leave the front porch light on for the next visitor (it's the middle switch by the front door.)
- Drive safe and let us know how your stay was on Airbnb!
We are not liable for damages to or the loss of personal items left in the home after guests check out. We are not responsible for the care or shipment of personal belongings left behind. We will make every attempt to identify the owner of found items and will contact guests whenever possible to make arrangements for return of belongings. Arrangements for the return of belongings are the responsibility of guests. All lost/forgotten items must be claimed within 30 days. After that time, recovered items will be be held in a "Lost & Found" container until further notice, donated, or disposed of.
* If you require us to ship any forgotten/lost items to you, all packages will be sent as a COD. The recipient will be responsible for any/all associated postage fees, shipping or packaging costs. A 15% convenience charge will also be added. These fees will be collected by the shipping company before packages can be claimed by recipients.
Our pet policy is negotiable on a case by case basis. Please let us know if you intend to bring an animal. We do not allow pets that are not house broken or have a history of destructive behavior. If your pet is still "in-training," or is a nervous traveller, please make alternative arrangements for your furry friends.
! HAPPY TRAVELS !
The cabin is really nice. Everything was very clean, upscale, and very well organized. Cabin comes with detailed instructions for every aspect of the building, so everything is in its place.
It's within the Wintergreen "Neighborhood", as they described - you drive in past the main Wintergreen sign to get there and you are maybe a minute or two away from the main hub. Great views, steep hikes, and 15-20min of driving to the brew ridge trail breweries & wineries.
Had a wonderful stay at the cabin. It was exactly as described and only wish we could have spent more time exploring the beautiful setting. We were staying there to attend a family event nearby and therefore had time for little else. Would love to return in the fall for hiking.
The cabin at Wintergreen was perfect for our weekend visiting the area brewpubs . Joseph and Marc were excellent hosts. They were very prompt in answering all of our questions. Excellent views from the cabin's decks and very comfortably furnished. We hope to return sometime and see some more of the area, there's so much to do/see. Thanks Joseph & Marc!!!
Dear Joseph and Marc,
Our stay at the Cabin in Wintergreen was such a pleasure!Everything was just as described. The cabin was so well appointed and we enjoyed being able to cook and visit at the same time! The weather was beautiful and the fire delightful. What a wonderful "get away" for all of us. You were so helpful when we had to change plans, and made the transition so easy. Thank you. The cabin was close to the main areas and we walked down to have lunch, then a walk around the area. Our stay was just what we needed!! We may have to do this trip again!! Thanks again. Sue
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Joseph & Marc's beautiful cabin!! It was clean, and well appointed, with plenty of room for our party of 8. The view was gorgeous, and you can see some of the ski slopes from the window/decks! The gas logs were delightful, and created the perfect ambience to our snowy weekend. Even our two phone/computer obsessed teens enjoyed putting their devices down for snow tubing, board games, etc! The whole process, check-in to check-out was very smooth, and Joseph & Marc responded very quickly to all correspondences. We look forward to a return trip!
My friends and I used the cabin for a girls weekend. It was the perfect setting! The beds were comfortable and the kitchen had everything we needed. Our favorite part was the fireplace. We spent both nights hanging out in the living room around the fire. Overall, it was a great place for a winter getaway.
Cozy property tucked away behind the market/gas station on the mountain. Convenient location not too far from slopes or shops. The hosts have a great process for arrival, and the departure expectations are very straightforward. I would definitely stay again. We had wifi fast enough for my secure VPN so I could get some work done. Living room was welcoming with a gas fireplace. Much better deal than renting through Wintergreen Resort and more secluded feeling being in a house than a condo or town home.
About the Host, Joseph And Marc
We are a couple of guys who have ambitions of ambling across the country and around the world together. We both live and work in Richmond, VA (USA). Joseph is a recent graduate from VCUArts, who studied sculpture. Marc has a background in physics and now works in web development. We are both very easy-going, respectful, and tidy.
Currently we are listing our family's 3 bed/2 bath cabin located in Roseland (Wintergreen), Virginia. Because we do not live on the property, we are actively seeking renters year-round. If you are looking for a beautiful mountain getaway, please contact us. The area is full of local breweries, vineyards, and provides visitors with an array of hiking trails, ski slopes, horseback riding, and more! Let us know if you need any suggestions during your visit to the area!
Freestyle provides mens, womens, and kids winter wear, snow sporting and athletic equipment, as well as an array of other products! (website hidden)Mountain Inn Loop Nellysford VA 22958
Devils Grill serves lunch and dinner with outside dining available. The menus specialize in American fare. Dinner reservations suggested. (website hidden)Mountain Inn Loop Nellysford VA 22958
If youre not in the mood to cook, be sure to check out The Copper Mine Bistro!Wintergreen Drive Wintergreen VA 22967
Wintergreen Resort provides one of the Mid-Atlantics most exciting year-round golfers havens. Two courses with two completely different designs! (website hidden)Clubhouse Rd Nellysford VA 22958
(website hidden)Wintergreen Drive Roseland VA 22967
As you can see, the resort amenities are just a hop, skip, and jump away from the cabin!Wintergreen Resort VA 22967
The Wintergreen Nature Foundation exists to encourage the understanding, appreciation, and conservation of the natural and cultural resources of the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. (website hidden)Wintergreen Drive Roseland VA 22967
Ravens Roost is one of several beautiful mountain overlooks that you can see along the Blue Ridge Parkway.Blue Ridge Parkway Lyndhurst VA 22952
Bold Rock Cidery offers free daily tastings and tours on a charming estate overlooking the mountains. You can read about the history of cider and view its production live! ((website hidden))Rockfish Valley Highway Nellysford VA 22958
The Virginia Museum of Natural History houses regular exhibits and serves as a headquarters for the Rockfish Valley Foundation. ((website hidden))Rockfish Valley Hwy Nellysford VA 22958
Located in picturesque Nelson County, Wintergreen Winery creates handcrafted, award-winning vintages in the heart of Virginias celebrated Monticello wine region (website hidden)Winery Lane Nellysford VA 22958
Devils Backbone Brewing Company is a brewpub located close to the Wintergreen Resort. It offers award winning beer and dining. (website hidden)Mosbys Run Roseland VA 22967
Wild Wolf Brewing Company is a Brewery, Restaurant, Sports Bar and a Shopping Village! Their menu is one of few in the area that includes Vegan and Gluten Free options. (website hidden)Rockfish Valley Highway Nellysford VA 22958
The Sherando Lake Recreation Area is one of the most popular recreation areas in the George Washington National Forest. (website hidden)VA 22952
Crabtree Falls is great if youre looking for a pleasant hike next to some of Virginias most beautiful cascading waterfalls. Its a bit of a drive but definitely worth the trip!VA 22976
THE CHEESE SHOP offers cheeses, deli meats, bulk foods, and baking ingredients; as well as organic and gluten or sugar-free candies, foods, and hard-to-find ingredients. Very affordable!Tinkling Spring Road Stuarts Draft VA 24477
AVA is in the heart of Stauntons historic district. They offer an eloquent menu of upscale southern comfort food. Ideal for vegans and vegetarians. They also offer wonderful omnivorous options!W Beverley St Staunton VA 24401
Charlottesville is a scenic 45 min drive from the cabin and provides a great day trip for those visiting from out of state! The city has a budding art scene and is a hub for eclectic shopping/dining.Charlottesville VA