About this listing
A magical villa with stunning views overlooking the sea in the middle of hundreds of old olive and fruit trees. Private pool, heated outside jaccuzzi, spacious and tranquility. 10 minutes drive from the nearest sandy beaches. Paradise.
Nature at her best. A Garden of Eden looking at the sea and olive trees. This stylish recently renovated 1850 country house is nestled on the slopes of Mount Etna. Breathtaking sea view with panoramas of the Nebrodi mountain range, Taormina, Giardini Naxos, the Ionian Sea and even the southernmost reaches of the Italian mainland. The nature reserve Marina di Cottone beach at Fiumefreddo is only 9 km away.
Furnished for outdoor living and surrounded by the rural nature. Tastefully decorated by art and antique dealers.
A main bed room with matrimonial size bed, a second bedroom with 2 single or double bed and a small third small bedroom with double bed. Fully equipped modern kitchen with dishwasher, oven, etc.... The living room has a sofabed that can sleep one additional person. On each floor there is a bathroom with shower.
On the lower terrace you have an inviting swimming pool (7 by 4 mt and 1,5 mt deep). Outside on the house terrace there is a heated jacuzzi and outdoor covered kitchen. You have over one hectare (2,5 acres) of land to explore with hundreds of old olive and fruit trees in this very private setting. Ideal for naturists.
The house can accommodate up to 7 guests but best with a maximum of 6 persons.
We (try to) speak English, French, Dutch, German and Italian.
Sicily is waiting for you and this tucked away jewel is one of the best kept secrets in the Etna north area between Catania and Taormina. Privacy, beauty and peace, the ideal, family, romantic or honeymoon hideaway.
Included in your stay is a visit to the Terre di Trente wine yards in Linguaglossa (6 km) and a free sample degustation of wine and olive oil. There is a 10% discount voucher for any purchase of wine and olive oil for guests. The cold pressed olive oil comes from the trees on this property. We ship all over Europe, so perfect to order up a case of wine and olive oil to come in the mood for your holiday.
Upper Floor: Three bedrooms, bathroom with shower, outdoor kitchen, outdoor covered lounge space, outdoor heated jacuzzi with a sea view.
Ground floor: Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, oven, fridge, freezer, etc..., living and dining area, bathroom with shower.
Air conditioning in living room/kitchen and master bedroom.
The house is approx 4 km away from the nearest towns Presa, Piedmonte Etneo, so a car is essential for this house.
Airport Catania (Fontarossa) = 57 km / 45 min
Airport Comiso = 125 km
Airport Palermo = 225 km
Catania center = 44 km / 45 min
Golf Picciole = 16 km
Taormina = 24 km / 30 min
Giardini Naxos = 16 km / 20 min
Beach Marina di Cotone = 9 km / 15 min
IMORTANT NOTES AND FAQ :
1. NOT INCLUDED is the cleaning fee of 80 Euros which is to be paid in cash UPON ARRIVAL. Please check the villa when you come. If there is anything that doesn’t look up to your standards of cleanliness, report it immediatly.
2. NOT INCLUDED in the price are the bedsheets and bathtowels. You can rent them the price of 20 Euro per set. This is to be paid in cash UPON ARRIVAL. If you are more than one guest, please let us know how many beds we should make up for you.
3. NOT INCLUDED is the consumption of water, gas and electricity. Water and gas is charged at 1 euro per person per day and is paid UPON ARRIVAL. Electricity is with a meter and is calculated at the end of the stay (0,4 euro per kW)
3. There is air-conditioning and heating.
4.. There is NO washer nor dryer in the villa
5.. Check out our "HOUSE RULES" for some more useful info!
6. Also available for long term rentals, ask for special rates and conditions.
7. Our calendar is always up to date, if the apartment is free, YOU CAN BOOK INSTANTLY.
8 We prefer to communicate in English or Dutch, but if you like you can write to us in Flemish, Dutch, English, Italian, French and German.
9. For every communication use the Airbnbsite. I check it every day. I DO NOT check my other emails on a daily base, so please don’t use my other email account!!!!
10. I have written an extensive guidebook with all the best addresses and places to go and visit. If you would like to receive a copy of it in advance, just send me an email. A printed copy will be available in the house.
11. Thank you for reading til the end and enjoy your stay.….
The whole property is private and only for you. Nobody else has access.
Interaction with guests
We live 3 km from the property and are available for any help you might need during your stay.
No animals allowed. Please re-frame from smoking inside the house,
Please do not leave any garbage on the property. You are more than welcome to take hikes and have pick-nicks, but please take a plastic bag with you for the garbage and to pick fruit.
It is by law forbidden to make (camp)fires in the whole of Sicily because of the high risk of fires. The Forest Police is constantly overlooking the hills from watch post (even at night) and when caught, the fines are high. There is however a barbeque available which can be used on the large terrace outside.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 563 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are a Belgian-American couple and have been living in Sicily since 2004. We rent out several villa's and apartments on or near the Etna Volcano. Our goal is to make our rental property your home away from home... and so much more.
I have prepared an exclusive guidebook that will be available in your apartment on the best shops, resto's, sight seeings and museums. On request I can email it to you so you can prepare your stay better.
Together we are at your service to create your home ... away from home.
Life is a summation of your dreams. If it doesn't flow, then let it go.