About this listing
This two-storey beach house consists of two bedrooms: on the ground, one with queen size bed and the other one with two single beds, as well as a bathroom with shower. The upper floor has a spacious, luminous living room with attached fully equipped kitchen, and a WC. There are two balconies, a ground floor veranda, a large patio and lots of garden space.
It's style is a typical beach house of Halkidiki. It's part of a large private complex of semi-detached houses. There is an electronic bar that gives access only to residents and leads to the parking place 15metres from the house. It's a summer residential area and an amazing crystal water beach is at 200 metres away.
The area is 3km from Ierissos town, that offers lots of restaurants, bars, cafeterias, shops, large supermarkets (Masoutis & Lidl), ATMs, pharmacy etc.
The wider area of Ierissos is an ideal family destination, avoiding the busy and congested beaches of the first two legs of Halkidiki. It offers lots of facilities as a town and the small gulf where the house is offers privacy, security and plenty of beach area for a whole family. Ouranoupoli, being the access town to Mount Athos is only 15km away so families may spend time here while men visit the unique landscapes and monasteries of the holy mountain.
"Ierissos (Greek: Ιερισσός) or Acanthus (Ancient Greek: Ἄκανθος) was an ancient Greek city on the Athos peninsula. It was located on the north-east side of Akti, on the most eastern peninsula of Chalcidice. Strabo and Ptolemy erroneously place Acanthus on the Singitic gulf, but there can be no doubt that the town was on the Strymonic gulf, as is stated by (website hidden) and other authorities: the error may have perhaps arisen from the territory of Acanthus having stretched as far as the Singitic gulf. The name of the ancient city (derived from the acanthus bush) is due to the thorny nature of the area or to the thorny nature of the town's foundation." source: wikipedia.
Car is highly recommended in Halkidiki and particularly in our property in Ierissos as you are 3 km away from town. Outside of the complex on main street you may catch the bus though to Ierissos town, rather only few days per day.
There is also a daily bus connection between Ierissos and Thessaloniki, the closest large city with international airport.
In case you are interested in car rental or airport transfers feel free to contact us and we provide you with all available information and updated quotes.
Welcome to our summer house in Ierissos.
These are some common sense rules and in general please make sure you leave the place as you found it.
We kindly ask you to:
- take out your rubbish (there is a rubbish bin right at the parking place and please take recyclable packages to Ierissos town),
- wash, dry and place to the cupboard the dishes, glasses, cutlery or pots that you used,
- leave all used towels and bed-linens on the floor by the time you leave,
- there is broom, brush, hoover and a bucket available for you to clean up (this is the reason I do not charge cleaning fees yet)
- Strictly refrain from smoking indoors, particularly in bedrooms. As smokers do not always respect this, at least make sure you air very well the room after smoking. Following guests will appreciate this too!
- respect your neighbours and try not to be noisy between (phone number hidden) at midday or after midnight. You are there for relaxing and vacations so get well with all people around you.
That's it more or less. Enjoy your stay in Halkidiki and you may contact us logical hours for tips! Feel free for inquiries regarding your travel arrangements.
Nikolas & Tina