About this listing
** NEED AT LEAST 1 WEEK'S NOTICE FOR BOOKING ARRIVALS AS I LIVE IN THE HOUSE SO NEED TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS. Minimum stay Dec 24-Jan 6th, 2016 is 1 week.
Architectually designed, funky, modern, industrial house in Bondi/Bondi Junction
Great location, hidden away in a small quite laneway away from traffic and street noise. Beaches, shops, nightlife, public transport are a short hop away. The property is a tall, narrow terrace home, positioned behind a tall, heritage-protected Australian gum tree, north-facing for maximum sunshine.
- Showcased in the Sydney Morning Herald's "100 Amazing Small Homes in Sydney". Call it cute, sexy, funky, cool, this house has character. Just 3 metres wide and very tall, it has 2.5 levels, a steep, tree-house stair case, high corrigated iron circular roof, open-plan spaces and very few doors, eco-designed with metal and wood finishings, polished oak floorboards, polished concrete, carpet-less.
- Gourmet kitchen with all modern appliances, crockery, dishwasher.
- Recycled timber, stylish dining table and leather chairs.
- 2 spacious, queen-sized bedrooms, main bedroom upstairs, open plan, balcony with partial city views. Second bedroom, downstairs with small atrium, industrial styled. 2nd room has some bondage available if thats your thing.
Large, wide, leather sofa that could accomodate an extra single guest. Plasma TV, DVD player, Bose surround sound system.
- Small outdoor courtyard, north facing & sundrenched, surrounded by native flora and that big gum tree. Gas BBQ available.
- It's all about location, location, location!
1 min walk - public bus transport to Bondi Beach, Bondi Junction shops, Sydney CBD
10 min walk - Bondi Junction Westfields shopping precinct, Bondi Junction City Rail train station to all metro locations, local eateries, banks/atms, post office.
20 min walk - famous Bondi Beach, cafes, restaurants, bars, pubs. Paddington shopping strip, cafes, bars, pubs.
15 min drive - Sydney CBD, Sydney Harbour.
- Suitable for business people, professional singles, couples and small adult groups.
- Swim and surf at famous Bondi, Bronte, Tamarama beaches. Walk/jog the scenic coastal walk from Bondi to Coogee. Enjoy the trendy, hip cafes, restaurants, tapas, bars, pubs in Bondi Beach and Paddington, Darlinghurst a short taxi/bus ride away. Shop until you drop in the Bondi Junction shopping precinct. Take a beautiful Sydney harbour cruise, visit some of Sydney's clothing optional harbour beaches.
Close proximity to the famous Bondi Beach (1km), Westfield Bondi Junction shopping town (10 min walk), 15mins drive/train ride to Sydney CBD and harbour; cool & hip cafes/bars/restaurants in Bondi Beach, quiet, secluded street & private entrance
10 min walk to Bondi Junction Train Station and Bus Terminal, 2 min walk to Bondi Road Buses to Beach or the CBD. Free on-street parking for 2 hours 8am-6pm Mon-Sat, free outside those times. I can arrange for a temporary on-street parking for stays greater than 7 days at the cost of the permit.
Other Things to Note
My home is small, cool, modern, industrial and very open plan with a steep staircase so it is NOT suitable to families with small children. During the peak summer season (Dec 1 - Jan 31) there is a minimum stay of 7 days.
Quiet neighbourhood so respect neighbours, no partying
Keep house tidy at all times, using waste bins.
No smoking indoors
Maximum 4 persons (2 queen sized beds)
No drugs on premises
This is a super cool "pad" industrial chic design, but with very comfortable beds & great linens .
Paul went out of his way to accommodate us last minute, even leaving a case of gorgeous gladiolus .
The location was excellent with walking to Bondi Junction, & 5 minute s to beach!
Nice TV , surroun sound Bose, very comfy leather couch, & fully outfitted gourmet kitchen w/espresso maker.
Only trouble was no Internet connection at the time, but this was a network problem & Paul did everything he could to solve it.
Thanks for everything Paul, I fully recommend!
About the Host, Paul
Welcome to beautiful Sydney! My name is Paul, I am a full blooded Aussie (with European background), well travelled to over 70 countries, lived and worked in 5 countries, love the adventure, meeting people, appreciating cultures, sharing a laugh or beer. I love the outdoors although I work indoors in a professional financial environment. I am a very easy going, laid back, witty guy with a cheeky sense of humour, always genuine & honest . I don't take life too seriously, keep healthy, fit and well oiled, love the beach and sun and live close to famous Bondi Beach.