About this listing
First floor flat in the suburb of Santa Catalina, recently refurbished preserving the traditional vintage-type style. With three double bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen and balcony, it has several charming features, such as the well or the outdoor patio, in typical Majorcan style. Also on the walls you will find exhibitions of young artists from the Island! (Actually six shots of the photographer Alberto Cubillo)
The suburb of Santa Catalina forms part of the metropolis of Palma de Mallorca, standing on a hillock adjacent to the suburbs of Son Españolet and Son Armadams, being an emblematic district of the “Ciutat de Palma”, as the city is known to its inhabitants. It has a well-known market called “Mercat de Santa Catalina”, which as yet conserves the flavour of the old traditional markets, and where you can buy typical Mallorcan country produce.
Historically, it was a neighbourhood of fishermen, due to its proximity to the sea, and one can still see the typical one and two storey houses, with their characteristic balconies and their façades with Mallorcan shutters. Some have a small garden, which reminds us of how the suburb used to be in the not very far-off past; Santa Catalina conserves the local style of low-rise houses and quiet streets.
The district has its origins in the settlement of “El Jonquet”, so called because of an area of reed-beds, which grew in abundance, being near to the sea. This original settlement was populated by fishermen, followed by various tradesmen connected to the coastal world, such as basket-makers, and others such as millers. The windmills of “El Jonquet” and in the nearby Calle Indústria bear witness to these activities.
The suburb became rich at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th, with modernist style houses, of which the “Mar y Tierra” theatre is still a living example.
The area has all the necessary services for present-day life, such as a medical centre, schools, post-office, banks and establishments which range from small, peaceful restaurants or characteristic local bars, to music-bars decorated in the latest creative tendencies.
* This is a rental apartment, that means no touristic services are provided as daily cleaning, reception or breakfast. A rental contract should be signed at your check-in time. Thank you.
- Se espera que el Huésped limpie y cuide la propiedad como si fuera suya.
- Por favor, fumar en la terraza o el balcón.
- Intentar no hacer ruido a partir de las 00:00.
- Respetar el mobiliario de la casa.
- Precaución en la cocina.
- Apagar el gas después de cocinar.
- Dejar la casa como se econtró.
- Respetar a los vecinos, son mayores.
- No tocar los cuadros.
- Guest is expected to care of the rental property as if it were their own.
- Please smoke on the terrace or balcony.
- Try not to make noise after 00:00.
- Respect the furniture in the house.
- Caution in the kitchen.
- Turn off the gas after cooking.
- Leave the house as you found .
- Pacient and respect your neighbors, ar higher.
- Do not touch the paintings.