About this listing
The Chapel on the Hill is a boutique conversion of a Methodist Chapel close to Middleton-in-Teesdale. It occupies a stunning position with beautiful views across Upper Teesdale close to the Pennine Way and the famous High Force Waterfall.
This holiday cottage consists of a large and fully equipped kitchen, a spacious and cosy living room, four comfortable bedrooms and three modern bathrooms and is available for short stays (minimum of 3 nights) and weekly bookings.
For short stays, check-in is from 2 pm and check out by 11 am.
For weekly bookings, changeover day is Saturday with check-in from 4 pm and check-out by 11 am.
The Chapel accommodates up to 7 people.
On the ground floor you will find:
- A spacious and beautifully designed living room with a wood burning stove for cosy evenings
- A large and fully equipped kitchen with a stunning dining area
- A spacious bedroom with a day bed (extendable to double), which suits either a single guest or a couple
- A luxuriously designed bathroom with a roll top bath and shower
On the first floor you will find:
- Two comfortable and elegantly decorated master bedrooms with separate en-suits
- A cosy single bedroom
Guests have access to all rooms except the basement.
Interaction with Guests
After your booking is confirmed, you will be provided with more detailed information about your arrival and your stay.
The Chapel on the Hill occupies a stunning position with beautiful views across Upper Teesdale, a declared area of outstanding natural beauty. The property is located in an isolated position and is accessed by a cul-de-sac that also leads to a nearby farmhouse.
The Chapel is ideally located for exploring the beautiful Teesdale valley, with it’s abundance of amazing walks like the Pennine Way or natural landmarks, such as the High Force Waterfall which can be reached within 20 minutes walking.
A car is needed to access the Chapel and to enjoy beautiful Teesdale and its neighbourhood.
Other Things to Note
Mobile phone reception in the Chapel is poor. Because of this a landline phone is provided (for UK calls only).
The Chapel is a non-smoking property. You are welcome to smoke outside on the terrace as long as the ashtray provided is being used.
We're sorry we do not allow pets.
We hope you will enjoy your stay at the very beautiful Chapel, but please treat it with care and respect.
1. Please leave the house in the condition you found it when you arrived - clean and tidy with dishes washed up and put away, your own food thrown away and all general rubbish put into bin bags and stored in the wheelie bin outside.
2. While you may not necessarily be charged for minor items, you should be aware that all damages and breakages are at the holidaymakers' responsibility and their cost shall be repayable on demand. A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £ 150 is payable. This deposit is intended and may be used to offset (a) the cost of remedying any damages, breakages or losses sustained by the owner of the property or (b) excessive usage of utilities or (c) excessive disorder or uncleanliness.
2. The property is rented from 4 pm on arrival day until 11 am on departure day for weekly bookings and from 2 pm on arrival day until 11 am on departure day for short stays (minimum of 3 nights stay).
4. If there should be any cause for complaint or accidental damage, you are kindly asked to report our caretaker; otherwise the matter cannot be fully investigated.
5. The property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur to any individuals while on the premises or its facilities.
6. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the responsibility of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
Having travelled around the world and stayed in many beautiful properties inspired me to set up and prepare the Chapel in a way how I would like to spend my holidays - in a very relaxing, yet inspiring environment close to nature. I hope all my guests will enjoy the Chapel and the beautiful countryside as much as I do.