About this listing
This is a single room facing the front street. It has a single bed with an orthopedic mattress. It has a small cupboard and a drawers. The room is comfortable and very quiet.
Light airy modern five bedroom semi detached house. Pleasantly well decorated. This is an ideal location, only 10mn walk from Cambridge station & Microsoft, 20mn from City Center, 15mn walk to Addenbrook Hospital and 3mn from bus stop. (55.0 Mbps wireless)
Very clean and spacious. with well kept front side and a garden at the back. The garden with small lawn, many shrubs and flowers. A nicely built patio with old yellow stones. A table and a garden umbrella is found to enable you to enjoy Cambridge long sunny hours in the privacy of your garden. A home built barbecue can be used to enjoy moments with friends. The house is in a quiet well established residential area, very close to a large public park (3mn walk), where you can enjoy either walking around the park, jogging, play football, splash in the children pond or play tennis free. Many pubs and shops are nearby at walking distance. Sainsbury supermarket is at 10mn walk. The popular multi cultured Mill Road, full of shops and restaurants is 3mn away. Cambridge city center, well known across the globe for its university, is only 20mn walk from our house. You can visit all the famous old colleges, museums, botanic garden etc... or spend some memorable time punting in the river. Stansted international airport is 25mn by train. London central is only 35mn by train and Heathrow airport is only 90mn by train. The house is fully furnished and very comfortable with four bedrooms (2 double & two single). We have two utility rooms, large living room with folded doors to the outside patio & garden. Two bathrooms and extra toilet. There is plenty space for parking free in the front.
Complementary British coffee (or professional latte for £1.50), tea, toasts, biscuits etc... provided for full paying guest.
Towels are provided for people staying less than one week.
Please feel free to call us for any extra information you may need.
N.B: We are not a B&B, so we ask you to tell us if we need to improve on our services while you are with us. We opened our house in order to meet people and make them feel at home from home.
We are proud to state that we had the famous actress Lysette Anthony ((website hidden)) stay a night with us.
Guest will access most of the house, like kitchen dining room, bathroom, ironing room, storage room and garden.
Interaction with Guests
We do interact a lot with our guests. We try to get to know them, and find out if they need any help. Also we try to learn from them by getting to know little bit more about their country and culture.
Our street is a residential one, hence quiet most of the time. We are 3mn from Coleridge recreational ground, a large park where you can walk, jog, play football, tennis or just relax. We have a church and a school on the street. We are very close to the big supermarket Sainsbury. We are just 8mn from railway station and Cineworld cinemas. The famous Mill Road runs in parallel to our road. It is full of cafes, restaurants and shops of all nationalities.
You can catch a bus either in Perne Rd or Mill Rd. Buses are very frequent. You can take the bus anywhere in Cambridge or the surrounding villages. Or you can take the train to visit London or access various airports (Stansted, Heathrow, Gatwick...)
Other Things to Note
Other services we provide:
- After checking out you can leave luggage with us for an extra £5.
- We can provide you special North African food (couscous, tadjine etc..) starting from £15.
- We can drive you around (if we are available) just for an extra £5 per trip within Cambridge.
- You can use Washing machine for £5.
- Professional latte for £1.50 and espresso £1
- Bike hire £6 per day.
THIS IS A NO SMOKING HOUSE
- Please Keep your room tidy and leave it as you found it when you depart.
- To leave the bathroom as clean as you found it for others.
- You are not permitted to cook in the house for safety reasons. But you are welcome to use our microwave.
- No food or drinks can be consumed upstairs in bedrooms. A dinning table is available for use in the kitchen.
- We can wash and dry your cloths for £10. For an extra £10 we can also iron them. Please DO NOT wash your cloths in bathroom.
- Please try to arrive no later than 11pm on your first day.
- The room will be cleaned for new arrival. Therefore we need you to vacate the room as agreed (before 9am during the week & 11am week end) and return the key.
- If you need anything just ask and we will do our best to help you.
- We just want our guests to feel at home and to take back only good memories. So we ask you to talk to us if you have any issues that we can help you with. We will do everything in our power to help you.