Super sunny apartment in the center of Amsterdam.
* Direct connection to and from the airport
* Price is all in
* Private, comfortable apartment
* Great location!
* Free extra's: Lonely Planet and city map
This sunny apartment in the center of Amsterdam is suitable for one or 2 persons.
Guests have the apartment all to their selves. As you can see on the pictures, this humble (35 m2) and homy apartment on the 3th floor has everything you need for a pleasant stay in Amsterdam. The kitchen is all yours (fridge, washing machine, food processor etc.). Also, everything for coffee and tea is there for you to use. Just as bedlinen, towels and a hairdryer.
The apartment is located in Amsterdam Oud-West (a popular downtown neighborhood), very central. Everything you need to have a greaat week or weekend can be found on a walking distance; shops, bars, restaurants, take-out, musea and so on. Some recommendations are:
* The Ten Kate Market, with fresh fruit , vegetables, bread and cheese, is just around the corner. Take home some Gouda cheese!
* Espressobar Tazzina will be your neighbour, they serve the best coffee of Holland.
* The Burgermeester on the Elandsgracht is not your common burgerplace. Even the Dutch Elle Food is a fan: orginal combinations (think pumpkin, blue cheese, or grilled vegetables) with all local and organic ingredients. Even for veggies they have a great burger!
* Cosy bars, like L'Affiche, my own neigbourhood bar on the Jan van Lennepkade.
* Great stores at the best shopping area De Negen Straatjes
* Some luxurious (window)shopping in The P.C. Hooftstraat
* Strolling in Amsterdams largest park, the Vondelpark
* Lots of musea around the Museum Plein, like The Van Gogh Museum, if you like photography, do visit FOAM, it's my favourite museum located on the Keizersgracht
* Amsterdams life area Leidseplein, with bars, clubs like Jimmy Woo.
This apartment has a very good connection with public transport. From the airporthave a direct connection: Bus 197 Schiphol - Amsterdam Marnixstraat (downtown). From the central station just take tram 17. Stops of tramlines 3, 12, 7 and 17 are only a few meters away.
- Coffee, tea, lemonade, olive oil etc.
- A Lonely Planet of Amsterdam
- A public transport map
- A city center map
- Towels, bedlinen
Other Things to Note
No baby's and children up to 11 years !
Cozy apartment, near to the city center. Ramzi was very kind, he checked us in when we arrived. He gave a brief information about Amsterdam, places nearby and the transportation.
Ramzi's friend Johan checked me in when I arrived. He was understanding of my plane's delayed arrival. I truly appreciated that. He was also gave me great cultural info about Amsterdam.
The apartment is cozy the amenities provided made my stay comfortable.
First impression was not a good one: as Ramzi was in holidays, a friend of him was supposed to meet us in front of the apartment, but he thought the reservation was made for the next day so we ended up waiting for 1 hour in the cold, and as the apartment was not clean, we had to wait again for 2h to get clean sheets & towel. So not a good start.
However, Douglas, Ramzi’s friend was very kind and gave us a lot of cool advices. As there were no reservations on the day of our departure, they let us check out later than 11am which was very nice of them.
The apartment itself is beautiful, very clean and tidy, with a beautiful view on the roofs, it is also very peaceful as the room is at the back of the apartment, you cannot hear the street noises. Be aware that the staircase up to the apartment is being refurbished at this time, and it is very dirty, unsafe and steep.
The apartment is in a very good location, right between the jordaan, ann frank huis and the museumplein. Everything is very easily accessible by bike and by tram or bus.
Ramzi and Douglas were very friendly. This apartment is a decent place at a decent price in a central location. The stairs were a bit treacherous though, and probably unfit for the elderly or people with limited mobility.
Ramzi wasn't there to welcome us to his flat but his friend Douglas did,
He was very helpful (although we needed little) and left us to settle in.
The landing and stairs outside are quite cold because of some refurbishments, and the stairs are quite steep, however that's the case with alot of the buildings in amsterdam. His flat is a few floors up so beware if you're not steady on your feet.
When we arrived we thought we were at the wrong place as it looked like an old shop that wasnt being refurbished. Bit shocking. We were met by a friend of Ramzi's and he couldnt have been nicer,very poliet and friendly
The staircase up to the apartment is disgusting and very unsafe. The first and second floor both stink of pee and the carpet is full of stains. When we got to the third floor it was slightly better and didnt smell of pee. The apartment itself was very clean and tidy... If it wasnt for this we would have asked for our money back. The door of the apartment is not secure and we had to put chairs against it at night to feel safe. Unfortunately we will not be staying again. Please be aware of the staircases they are shockingly unsafe and stink.