About this listing
Super sunny apartment in the center of Amsterdam.
* Direct connection to and from the airport
* Price is all in
* Private, comfortable apartment
* Great location!
* Free extra's: Lonely Planet and city map
This sunny apartment in the center of Amsterdam is suitable for one or 2 persons.
Guests have the apartment all to their selves. As you can see on the pictures, this humble (35 m2) and homy apartment on the 3th floor has everything you need for a pleasant stay in Amsterdam. The kitchen is all yours (fridge, washing machine, food processor etc.). Also, everything for coffee and tea is there for you to use. Just as bedlinen, towels and a hairdryer.
The apartment is located in Amsterdam Oud-West (a popular downtown neighborhood), very central. Everything you need to have a greaat week or weekend can be found on a walking distance; shops, bars, restaurants, take-out, musea and so on. Some recommendations are:
* The Ten Kate Market, with fresh fruit , vegetables, bread and cheese, is just around the corner. Take home some Gouda cheese!
* Espressobar Tazzina will be your neighbour, they serve the best coffee of Holland.
* The Burgermeester on the Elandsgracht is not your common burgerplace. Even the Dutch Elle Food is a fan: orginal combinations (think pumpkin, blue cheese, or grilled vegetables) with all local and organic ingredients. Even for veggies they have a great burger!
* Cosy bars, like L'Affiche, my own neigbourhood bar on the Jan van Lennepkade.
* Great stores at the best shopping area De Negen Straatjes
* Some luxurious (window)shopping in The P.C. Hooftstraat
* Strolling in Amsterdams largest park, the Vondelpark
* Lots of musea around the Museum Plein, like The Van Gogh Museum, if you like photography, do visit FOAM, it's my favourite museum located on the Keizersgracht
* Amsterdams life area Leidseplein, with bars, clubs like Jimmy Woo.
This apartment has a very good connection with public transport. From the airporthave a direct connection: Bus 197 Schiphol - Amsterdam Marnixstraat (downtown). From the central station just take tram 17. Stops of tramlines 3, 12, 7 and 17 are only a few meters away.
- Coffee, tea, lemonade, olive oil etc.
- A Lonely Planet of Amsterdam
- A public transport map
- A city center map
- Towels, bedlinen
Other Things to Note
No baby's and children up to 11 years !
Nice small Apartement in the Heart of Amsterdam. Just a 10 Minute walk away from the Redlight-District and the Oldtown. Ramzi was a nice host and had a lot of useful informations for us. Sadly the corridor was in rebuilding and a bit chaotic and tight, but it had no effect on our stay.
It was everithing perfect. The apartment is on a great location, me and my girlfriend did everything walking. Johan, the guy that introduce us to the apartment and to the neighborhood was very friendly.
The staircase wasn't a problem for us.
I had an excellent stay at Ramzis apartment. Good location, nice place and a good host. Yes, the stairs are narrow and steep, but that's Amsterdam's old buildings for you. And yes, the bathroom is small but it wasn't a problem. To be recommended.
We chose Ramzi's apartment because it's the best in terms of location and price. The view from the window is superb.
A couple of people here mentioned the staircase but it was not a problem for us. The staircase is narrow and looks a bit dodgy when you see it for the first time but there's nothing to be afraid of.
Paintings at the apartment are awesome! Especially that one with hands.
We appreciated the pre trip contact that was maintained it provided some assurance. This was our first time using Airbnb and it certainly set a standard that speaks well of the service. Ramizi met us at the apartment, supplied a complete orientation to the apartment and the area. He ensured that we had his contact information if we needed to touch base with him during our week long stay.
The apartment was exactly as shown and provided all we needed. Very comfortable all round.
If you want a location that gives you options for exploring, in a great neighborhood this is the answer. And yes the stairs are steep!
My gf and I spent 3 nights in Ramzi's apartment. Communication was fast but not really accurate (no mention of renovation works, nor lack of washing machine nor coffee/oil, which are in the description). We were welcomed by a friend of the host, who could only spend about 3 minutes with us due to a 40-minute delay at landing. The place is as described ("humble and small"); the stairs are under renovation: bad and even dangerous and with bad lighting, but no noise during our stay (as previous guests have reported). Worst thing: woolen blanket need an urgent and through cleaning (we both got respiration problems, which was an absolute first for me). Best thing: the host allowed us to have a late check out, and that alone is one extra star in our review. Other details: pros: heating and warm water work perfectly; location is great (walking distance form both city centre and museum square). Cons: bedroom is window less; the whole place is clean but definitely threadbare.
Overall we had on Ok stay at Ramzi place . Communication was always fast and accurate. Johan met us at the flat and show us around, he is very friendly and gave us few advise regarding the city . First impression was not so good : unfortunately the entrance of the building and the staircase are a total real mess. the flat itself is cozy , clean , excellent wifi. the bathroom is quite small and the basin is actually in the kitchen , rather odd.