About This Listing
Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
• Located close-in NE Portland- on the edge of the Hollywood District.
• Three bedrooms and shared bath upstairs-
-- QUEEN: Exquisite comfort Queen with a 3" feather topper. (this listing)
-- KING: Luxurious King in the Master bedroom. (see other listing)
-- TWINS: third bedroom has three twins and a desk for studying. (see other listing)
• On the main floor-One bedroom en suite with luxuriously comfortable Queen bed. French door to back decks and yard.
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room. Spacious front porch for relaxing with a beverage and enjoying the peace of the neighborhood. Home is owner occupied.
• Close and convent to the airport ...4 mi. to PDX airport
• Close to City Center ...From downtown I-84 Exit 2, Cesar Chaves / (39th) / Hollywood.
• Near public transit- Catch Tri-met bus #12 on Sandy Blvd. to town.
• Max line is close by- Stops at 42nd or 60th.
• 4 mi. to downtown
• 4 mi. to train station and greyhound bus station
• 2 mi. to Voodoo Doughnuts east side- 15th & Sandy Blvd.
• 2.8 mi. to Lloyd ctr. Mall.
• 1.3 mi. to Providence Portland Medical Center
• Easy walk to cafe's, coffee, restaurants, pubs, shops, parks, library, golf, movies
• • • • • FOOD • • • • •
All within a few blocks... walking distance:
• Rose City Food Carts- 52nd / NE Sandy Blvd.
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd & Sacramento St. -One block!
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right!- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube-German food- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe -great for breakfast- 53rd / Halsey
• Killer Burger- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th & Hancock)
• The Hollywood Saturday Market- fresh, local produce all year! 42nd / Hancock (Grocery Outlet's lot)
• Hollywood Movie Theater
• Hollywood Bowling Alley
• Rose City Golf Course
• Portland's one of the most walkable and bikeable cites in the country... Lot's of things to do and see!
• Easy one hour drive west to the Willamette Valley wine country or east to Columbia River Gorge- Multnomah Falls, Mt Hood, Hood River.
• An hour & 1/2 drive to the beautiful Oregon Coast!
• Beautiful newly finished hardwood floors... PLEASE... No hard-heeled or high-heeled shoes
• Socks preferred, Quieter too!
• This is an allergy free home. No pets please, I don't allow dogs or cats to stay.
• No smoking in the house. You may smoke outside.
• Quiet-ish hours are: 10:00pm - 8:00am.
• Quiet residential neighborhood, please respect our neighbors.
• Shared kitchen... some room in the frig for your things.
• Please replace items used.
• Beverages- wine, cider and beer available to purchase.
• Compost bin in the sink for food vegetable scraps. Please no animal products.
• Recycle bins for bottles, paper, plastic.
If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to help you out with them!
Most of all, please enjoy your stay here in this great home!
Bruce's home is a beautiful retreat just blocks away from fabulous coffee and pizza (shout out to Hogan's Goat!) The code Bruce gave me worked flawlessly--no messing with keys! The room was as-pictured, the bed was comfy and the private bathroom convenient. Access to the kitchen ensured the means to reheat my left over pizza; it was nicely laid out and clean. Bruce himself was a perfect host!
Bruce's home was lovely and in a very accessible location. It was incredibly easy to get to his home, check in, and check out. The house is clean, comfortable, spacious, and Bruce has a colorful taste in art that nicely decorates his home. To top it off, the back deck is a little sanctuary and the perfect place to finish off your evening. Also, we were a last minute reservation and Bruce was very responsive and flexible. All was appreciated and we would absolutely stay at Bruce's home again.
Had a wonderful stay at Bruce's beautiful home in Portland. The house is absolutely gorgeous, the bed super comfortable and Bruce is a great guy to have a chat with. Would recommend staying here when discovering Portland. I rented a bicycle which made going around very easy, though public transport lines from the house are very convenient as well.
We had a great experience staying in Bruce's house. Bruce ended up putting us in the Queen bedroom on the main floor with access to the backyard, which I think is different from the listing we had selected. The house and our room were decorated beautifully and eclectically--we really liked the feel of the space. The kitchen was very nice and made it easy to eat meals in the house (which we did for breakfast). The bedroom we were in was a tight squeeze--the bed took up much of the floorspace. Having use of the front and back patios and kitchen in the morning helped it feel more expansive, though.
I enjoyed my stay with Bruce - it was my first stop in Portland and the location was great. Walking distance to food trucks, whole foods, a microbrewery and more. The house was gorgeous as you can see from the photos with an amazing gourmet kitchen and the shared bathroom was beautiful too.
Bruce was incredibly accommodating, especially fitting me in at the last minute due to a cancelled booking. He was even so kind as to give me a lift to my next accommodation which was just down the road. I spent a lot of time talking with him and his daughter who was also super nice and a wealth of information - she made me feel very welcome and at ease as well.
The only down side was that I was in Portland during some very warm weather and in the afternoon the room was a little bit warm as the sun hits the front of the house - but once the sun went down it was very comfortable.
Bruce, thank you so much for welcoming me to Portland and making a very stressful situation a breeze!
Our room was very comfortable. Comfort of bed is always top concern and we were most pleased. Bruce made everything available to us for breakfast and we enjoyed a nice visit with him. His home is gorgeous and he is justifiably proud of the work he has done. We would happily stay with him again.
The room is very clean. The location is very convenient. The common area is also very nice. I like the kitchen very much. Bruce is very friendly too.
This host has 161 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bruce
Greetings! I call Portland home. Having worked in Television Broadcasting for 25 years as a Creative Director I have always had a passion for the arts, photography, design and take pride in remodeling my 1915 craftsman home. Wine, cooking and traveling are also high on the passions list! My daughter Talia when not traveling somewhere exotic loves home and is an expert in raw food, good health coach and a designer. She has also lived abroad and is following her passions in life.
Portland is a great creative town. An amazing amount of culture abound. Portlandia has definitely put us on the map. I love to travel and the best experience is feeling comfortable and welcome wherever you end up. Having lived abroad, traveling in New Zealand, Australia, Bali, and France I gained a fondness for guest houses, seeking out creative stays all along the adventure.
I am excited to share my beautiful home, some of my favorite restaurants and neighborhood highlights with new friends that I am looking forward to meeting ...and hearing where your travels have taken you!
Dream + Believe + Create + Inspire