About this listing
This secluded & quiet studio apartment is upstairs from the main villa occupied by your friendly hosts. The balcony views are nothing short of stunning, 180 degree views of the gorgeous coastline from the balcony (and pool), overlooks stunning farmland and the Mediterranean Sea.
The studio apartment has a separate entry with a standard size double bed, bathroom, kitchen and large balcony for dining while enjoying meals and a glass of wine.
The 10 meter x 4 meter private pool with both walk in steps and ladder access is surrounded by a sunbathing terrace furnished with sun beds, umbrellas and pool shower & toilet. Use of the hosts barbecue is provided for outdoor dining.
The apartment is equipped with an air conditioning unit and an oscillating fan for cooling, central heating for heating which is included in the price.
Coral Bay is a 10 minute walk* away where you will find many restaurants, bars, shops and a supermarket.
*Please note we live on hill, while walking to Coral Bay is easy walking home is a bit of a workout especially in the summer heat, car hire is recommended or a taxi to bring you back up the hill.
Both your apartment & pool is private and has gorgeous views up and down the coastline, this spot is definitely a slice of heaven.
Location type: Coral Hill, Potima, Peyia, Paphos, 10 minute walk to Coral Bay restaurants, Bars & Shops, Near the sea, Rural,
Theme: Activity, Away from it all, Couples, Single traveler, Tourist Attractions
Activities available within a 10 minute drive: Golf, Mini Golf, snorkeling, Cycling, Scuba diving, Fishing, Horse riding, Water sports, Go-karting, Swimming
General Facilities: Central heating, Air-conditioning, Weekly cleaning service
Kitchen: Fridge, Freezer, Hotplates, Microwave,
Bedrooms: Total Bedrooms 1,
Bathrooms: Bathrooms 1,
Entertainment: Ipod dock/Speakers
Smoking is permitted on outside areas only, we ask you to please be a considerate smoker and dispose of butts in the ashtray/bin.
Outside: Poolside shower & toilet, Barbecue, Garden, Parking, Patio, sun beds
Swimming pools: Shared pool with Hosts, Walk-in steps
Internet: Wi Fi internet is available Free of Charge.
Linen: All provided including:extra. If more is required just ask.
Public Transport: Bus stops on Main Road (5 minute walk)
Car Hire: Recommended
Buses run every 15 minutes at the bottom of our road, which is a 5 minute walk from our house.
FOR YOUR COMFORT, SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT
- Please ensure you take your key each time you leave the apartment (this may seem obvious but believe me; people do forget and find themselves locked out).
- You will find tourist leaflets in your room please do not remove them but feel free to add any your find during your stay.
- In the extreme heat of summer, close all windows, doors and blinds before going. This will help to keep the room cool. In winter open all the doors, windows and blinds in the morning to allow the sun to come in and warm the room (not forgetting to close them when you go out).
- The conditioning units are reversible. The main switch is located on the wall near the unit and the remote is by the TV. For maximum effect keep all doors and windows closed when using the ac unit. When cooling the room set to snowflake at 20 degrees. When warming the room set remote to sunshine at 22 degrees, it will take 10 minutes for it to start up when on the heat mode. Try not to sleep with the AC unit on as it is known for people to develop sore throats and colds when exposed to AC for long periods. For summer, the oscillating fan is also provided for cooling and provides comfort while sleeping. Please do not leave the AC units switched on when you leave the apartment.
- The water is heated by the solar panels. It may be necessary to in the winter time to use the electric water heater. It takes 30 minutes to heat, any longer and it may burn out the element thus fusing the whole electrical system.
- The Cypriot sewerage system is in the process of being upgraded to meet European standards. In the meantime please do not put any toilet paper or sanitary items down the toilet. There are perfumed bin liners for the bathroom bin. Please change these daily and place the used liner in the black garbage bin outside at the bottom of the apartment stairs.
- We love to recycle and hope that you do too. Please place glass, cardboard and plastic in the recycling bins on the back porch next to the black rubbish bin.
- If you accidentally break or damage anything please replace it or bring it to our attention. Pending on the item it may raise an additional charge. If you notice anything that needs attention please let us know ASAP.
- For health and safety reasons smoking is not allowed inside the apartment. If you smoke please do so outside, an ashtray has been provided.
_ We adopted a medium-sized rescue female puppy last year. Keo is friendly, and we hope you like her.
BALCONY, POOL AND GARDEN AREA
- Please be aware of the pool depth.
- Please shower of suntan lotions before using the pool as the ingredients in the lotions react with the pool water & inactivate the pool solutions.
- Please do not urinate in the pool as this immediately inactivates the chlorine in the pool and bacteria will form which will cause you to develop infections.
- We clean it at least once a day or as required. All care is taken, yet due to the breeze we get up on the hill you may also need to clean it prior to your swim. Please do so by using the pool net to remove any leaves or insects.
- Please use only non-breakable plates and glasses at the poolside. Plastic cups and plates are in the kitchen of your apartment.
- Ensure that the outside bin is securely closed, do not stack rubbish beside the bin as this may attract vermin.
- Although the crime rate is very low, do not allow opportunities to spoil your holiday. Close all windows and doors when going out of the apartment.
This is a perfect place for a couple to stay. Lovely apartment with wonderful views, access to Mel & Pauls swimming pool was just a delight. So much to see and explore if you can pull yourself away from the pool! Mel & Paul made our stay truly unforgettable! Lovely people who we will no doubt meet again next year :). We give this 11 out of 10. Thanks Mel & Paul x
Wir haben uns in der Unterkunft sehr wohl gefühlt, alles war zu unserer vollsten Zufriedenheit. Der Blick von der Terrasse ist herrlich. Mel und Paul sind perfekte Gastgeber, freundlich und hilfsbereit. Wir können diese Unterkunft auf jeden Fall weiterempfehlen!
We stayed a week at Mel & Paul's place. Communication and directions were both very good, and as we in spite of that had a little difficulty finding the way, Paul helped on the phone. The place and the location is exactly as described, and everything we wanted. A very nice, clean and well equipped studio, with a large balcony with the most stunning view. We enjoyed the combination of the view, the quietness and the short distance to both Coral Bay main street and the beaches. All within a 5 minute drive. Mel & Paul (and Keo) were perfect hosts and very good in giving good advice as what to see and do. If we go back to Coral Bay, we will for sure stay there again, and we give our warmest recommendations.
How can we start... It was a wonderful time in the apartment of Mel and Paul. The venue is fantastic. The apartment is small but functional, you have everything you need. Mel and Paul take care of every matter you might have. They are lovely people and we really want to say we like them a lot. You learn from them to enjoy yourself and let life be easy and chilled. They of course do not teach this actively to you -they just inspire you :) - to ban stress out of your life and enjoy every detail of the time you have in sunny coral bay. Two really wonderful persons. The pool you are allowed to share is very clean and nice. We recommend this place to everybody who searches for a very layed back and chilled stay in Coral Bay/Paphos. You will have a great time in this apartment.
Great time at Mel and Pauls villa. The studio and pool is exactly as described... and what a view! Simply stunning.
Very clean and relaxing studio, with Mel and Paul very welcoming and cool hosts.
We walked up and down the hill a few times into Coral Bay and didn't find it a problem whatsoever to navigate both down and up, however some might.
Wishing we was still there!
Mel and Paul were very welcoming and relaxed hosts. The apartment was lovely and clean and very comfortable. We loved having breakfast on the balcony and enjoying the amazing views. The pool was great for a pre-breakfast dip. The location is very peaceful: it's away from the main road but there's easy access to lots of interesting places, from hillside monasteries to remote beaches, ancient ruins to secluded villages. The road up to the apartment is a bit bumpy but we got the hang of it after a day or two!
Mel and Paul are the perfect hosts and made us feel incredibly welcome. They gave us loads of useful tips of where to go and what to do, and really do go the extra mile for their guests without being intrusive. The studio is clean and comfortable and the views spectacular. The pool area is a real highlight. If you want a nice place to chill out for a week, with beautiful views and lots to see and do nearby, then this is perfect. Thanks Mel, Paul and of course Keo.
About the Host, Mel & Paul
We are a young couple and have both travelled extensively throughout the world, so we know how nice it is to find a 'gem of place' that has all you need, is clean & comfortable with friendly & helpful hosts.
Our favourite spots are many, and we still have so much more to see!
Quickly, this would be our Top 5;
Our next adventure!!!
Gorgeous, amazing Petra
The Temples in Siam Reap, Cambodia,
Scuba diving in the Red Sea, Egypt,
CUBA, before it changes,
Anywhere Central South America &
NZ & Oz for sure! (Ok, that's 8 :)
We enjoy an active & healthy lifestyle including but not limited to scuba diving, travelling, running, yoga, gym, tennis, beach life, and we never tire of having a glass of wine while taking in the breathtaking views from our balcony.
We invite you to enjoy this little patch of paradise up on the wee hill overlooking Coral Bay, Lower Chlorakas and Pegia. We will help you find us, settle in, give you local tips to attractions, good restaurants & bars. Whether its having lazy days by the pool or scuba diving, yoga class, tennis, boating we will help you to make it happen.
We look forward to having you stay with us.
Keep Smiling & Keep Travelling :)