The Bird’s Nest is an attractive top floor studio apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. A private entrance leads to a beautifully crafted wood spiral staircase and your Washington hideaway. This modern-comfort studio has its own private deck where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine after a day exploring the cultural riches of the city.
In addition to a comfortable a queen bed, there is also a step-up sleeping or reading alcove that kid’s love, with an armchair that folds out to a twin bed. The alcove has a sliding door for privacy. The sofa also folds out to a second queen sized bed affording you up to 3 separate beds in the unit.
We have 4 apartments in this converted townhome that can accommodate families or parties of up to 13.
• Private entrance and private deck.
• Washer/dryer in your apartment.
• Wall mounted HDTV with cable service.
• Full bath with tub.
• Coffee maker, mini-fridge and toaster.
• Off-street parking space.
• ½ block from the Metro Bus stop that will take you to The National Mall and most other interesting sights in the city.
• A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, mini-market, pharmacy, banks, post office, cleaners and other conveniences are located on your block.
• 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse!
C.IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS and community library.
• Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
• An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (MacArthur Blvd NW & Dana Pl. NW, 1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
s as well as Georgetown University Hospital and Sibley Hospital.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$15 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$683 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2050 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
The Place was very tidy, very clean, very lovely and more than satisfactory. I especially love that Charlotte and Mathias were so helpful. I would most definitely recommend the Bird's Nest to anyone looking for a place in the area. Thank you so much Charlotte for all your extra help, thank you.
Great place, would definitely repeat.
Beautiful and well equipped department.
Beautiful neighborhood with restaurants and minimarket.
40 minutes away from downtown (by bus).
Leider konnten wir aus persönlichen gründen die Buchung nicht wahrnehmen!
Die Vorbereitung und der Kontakt waren exzellent, während der gesamten zeit. Wir fühlten uns extrem gut betreut und wären gerne nach Washington gekommen!
Danke an Jennifer, Matthew, Kevin und Charlotte, wenn wir mal nach DC kommen, dann wenden wir uns wieder an euch!
I was expecting something bigger, but the location is very good and the neighborhood is pretty. We felt completely safe walking around in the evenings, especially checking out all the great restaurants which are in walking distance. It's a very cozy place to end the day.
Nice neighborhood and cute place. Just what we wanted for a family of three visiting Georgetown and the Mall. Bus D6 makes it possible without a car and the Nextbus app showed us the time countdown. Just 15 minutes to Georgetown and 45 minutes to 12th & E.
Always my first choice! Excellent host and can't beat the location for my purposes.
Birds' nest was smaller than we had anticipated for the 3 of us and Mattias was a wonderful host. The area was very nice and the restaurants were great and well within walking distance were it not for the frosty temperatures. If I come back to DC I would love to stay there again.
A great unit! Very clean, perfect location and although circumstances prevented me from meeting Matthias face to face, he was very attentive and accommodating. Charlotte's communication was spot on and as a result, I'm in the process of booking my third trip through Airbnb. For someone who travels 75% of the time, this is a great alternative. I'm looking forward to staying here again!
The Bird's nest is totally charming and perfect for a couple looking to stay a weekend in DC. It's decorated well, very clean, and Matthias (the owner) is a great manager. The neighborhood is a quiet, beautiful, residential area with a nice farmer's market and all general necessities close by. It's a bit far to walk into Georgetown, but the bus runs regularly if you don't have a car. In warmer weather it would be perfect for biking.
Once again, a delightful stay! Everything was just right...as promised. Thanks - again!