About this listing
Sunny 4th fl. studio in safe elevator/doorman building. Big bathroom, separate kitchen, laundry & gym in basement, 5 minute walk to PATH & major transportation hub. Easy walk to supermarket. My place has all you need for an affordable & happy stay!
My large, sunny studio in Jersey City is a five-minute walk from the PATH station at Journal Sq. This train gets you to Manhattan in 12 minutes (World Trade Center line) or 22 minutes (33rd St. line) and costs $2.25 each way (or less if you buy multiple trips). My apartment has one full size bed and a full-size futon mattress that I keep rolled away , sleeping up to 4 if needed. I supply towels and bed linens.
In my apartment is a full kitchen with gas stove, good sized bathroom with a tub/shower and window in the shower (love that!), and a walk-in closet. I have a comfy couch in front of a 42" plasma TV, full digital cable & internet (wi-fi available), Netflix subscription, and Apple TV. I've got about 8 plants that are pretty happy but I would ask you to tend while in the space, tons of books on yoga, meditation, chakras, energy, herbalism, spirituality, earth magick, divination, politics, travel and so on (I do love my library).
Laundry room in the basement (wash = $1.50, dryer = $1.25), also a gym in the basement (not fancy, but workable) and saunas in the men's & women's changing rooms in the gym.
The apartment is really sweet and cozy, nothing but good vibes, and pretty large as far as studios go. It is quiet and peaceful and does not feel crowded with two people in it. I have a full-size bed, plenty of sheets and towels, two windows in the main room, one in the kitchen, and one in the bathroom. I also have a full-size futon mattress rolled up in the closet that sleeps two. So the apartment technically can sleep 4 people.
The neighborhood has two large supermarkets within walking distance, 24-hour diner across the street, walking distance to Little India (Jersey City's Indian enclave, tons of restaurants and great markets for fresh produce and exotic ingredients), and walking distance to drug stores, clothing stores, hardware store, etc.
Once in Jersey City, there are things to do and places to eat. You can stay in Jersey City and take that PATH to Grove St. or Hoboken if you don't feel like going into NYC. Jersey City is very convenient for getting to NYC. You can be in NYC in 15-20 minutes. Take the train to Brooklyn and get there in 30 minutes or less.
Convenient, quiet, charming...the best of NYC without the madness.
I am a DJ and music producer. I have delicate electronic and musical equipment in my space. I ask that you DO NOT use this stuff unless you know how to use the equipment, and only with prior approval from me. Very sorry to have to put this in writing, but my gear is precious to me and not a toy.
Musical equipment & records are not available for guest use.
Interaction with Guests
Via email, text message, AirBnB, and phone if need be.
So quick to get to NYC, only 15 minutes!
Five minute walk to PATH train that gets you to NYC in 11-22 minutes. Bus stops in front of building. Commercial areas has supermarkets, drug stores, liquor stores, clothing, etc.
Pets are not allowed. Sorry :( landlord rules.
1. You can smoke here, but if you smoke cigarettes, please blow smoke out the window and put on ventilation or go into the stairwell or outside. Cig smoke builds up in the apartment, requires a lot of ventilation to get it out, and smells yucky. 420 is ok, but please watch the wall-to-wall carpeting.
2. I have musical equipment (DJ set up) in my apartment which you can use ONLY with prior approval and ONLY if you convince me you know your way around turntables/mixer/high-end audio equipment. I will hold you responsible for damages to my gear.
3. Depending on the length of your stay, I will clean out space for you in my closet. Currently, my apartment is only available for short-term stays and no move-in type of scenario. You can not bring your own furniture or stuff. If you are staying less than one week, I will not clear out space in my closet for you. Stays of one month or longer, I will make space in the closet.
4. The building is locked by magnetic key fob after hours. From 12pm-7pm there is a doorman. You MUST have the magnetic key fob to enter, so do not separate it from the house keys.
5. You break it, you replace it.
6. You can read my books and use my pots/pans, but please be careful with everything. Namaste.
From Dec 17, 2015 - Jan 31, 2016 the minimum stay is 5 nights.