This home is located in the city of Milwaukee, but in the northwest side of the city, about 7 miles from downtown Milwaukee, and only 2 miles from downtown Wauwatosa, which has a quaint village with restaurants and shops.
This private room, named after my maternal grandmother, is perfect of a single traveler or a couple. The room includes a queen size bed, sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels. Plenty of street parking is available free for three nights (registration done online prior to arrival). Access to the house includes shared living room, dining room, and bathroom. TV is not of importance in this house, so we only have the ability to watch movies via VHS or DVD. Wi-Fi internet is available if you want to catch a TV show via your laptop. Washer and dryer are available for extended stays.
This two story, air conditioned, hardwood floors throughout, brick colonial is located in a peaceful neighborhood and has two available bedrooms on the second floor. The bedroom would share a bath (shower / tub) with owner and potential other guests. There is also a half bath in the lower level. There is a nice size deck with a pub table and chairs and firepit in the backyard.
For those that might be allergic to cats, Kiko (grey tabby) likes to keep to herself and is fine if you completely ignore her.
A light, simple continental breakfast (coffee, tea, juice, milk, fruit and muffin) is available during the week and a full breakfast (coffee, tea, juice, milk, entree, fruit and bread) is offered on the weekends. We also offer a beverage and sweet treat upon arrival. Additional meals can be negotiated for your stay.
When you arrive you'll notice a Little Free Library in the front yard. The concept behind the library is promote literacy and the philosophy is to "take a book and leave a book". There are no due dates on books taken from the library and they can be returned to any Little Free Library. Bring a book with you on your trip to Milwaukee, feel free to leave in the library, but if you don't have a book feel free to still help yourself to a book to enjoy during your stay or on your travels.
This Cream City Colonial is located 2 blocks from a city bus stop and several restaurants. More information is available on local attractions, restaurants and events.
The list includes: (listed closest to furthest)
* Downtown Wauwatosa (~ 2 miles south)
* Mayfair Mall (~ 3 miles west)
* Miller Brewery and tours (~ 4 miles south)
* Growing Power (~ 5 miles north)
* Milwaukee County Zoo (~ 5 miles south)
* Wisconsin State Fairground (~5 miles south)
* Palemeros Pizza factory tour (~5 miles southeast)
* Miller Park (baseball stadium) (~ 5 miles southeast)
* Potawatomi Casino (~6 miles southeast)
* Captain Frederick Pabst Mansion (~ 6 miles southeast)
* Mitchell Park Conservatory "The Domes" (~6 miles
* Downtown Milwaukee (~7 miles southwest)
* Harley Davidson Museum (~ 7 miles southeast)
* Milwaukee Public Market (~7 miles southeast)
* Grand Avenue Mall (downtown) (~7 miles southeast)
* Historic Third Ward (~ 7 miles southeast)
* Milwaukee Public Museum (~ 7 miles southeast)
* U.S. Cellular Arena (~ 7 miles southeast)
* Milwaukee River Cruise Line (~ 7 miles southeast)
* Bayshore Mall (~8 miles northwest)
* Summerfest (~ 8 miles southeast)
* Milwaukee Art Museum (~ 8 miles southeast)
* War Memorial Center (~ 8 miles southeast)
* Discovery World (~ 8 miles southeast)
* Bradley Center (` 8 miles southeast)
* Charles Allis Art Museum (~ 9 miles southeast)
* Lake Express Ferry (~ 10 miles southeast)
* Boerner Botanical Gardens (~13 miles south)
* Taste of Home Outlet- Greendale (~15 miles south)
* Frontier Airline Center
* Jelly Belly Visitor Center - Pleasant Prairie (~ 45 miles south)
* Lake Geneva Canopy Tours (hiking, biking, zipline, skybridge) (~ 45 miles southwest)
* Milwaukee Food Tours
* Cedar Creek Winery - Cedarburg
* Downtown Wauwatosa & Farmer's Market
* Downtown Hartford
* Downtown Cedarburg
* Downtown West Bend & Farmer's Market
* Downtown Lake Geneva
Perhaps you have loved ones staying in the places listed below
* Mt. Mary College
* Medical College of Wisconsin
* Wisconsin Lutheran College
* Marquette University
* Milwaukee Area Technical College
* Milwaukee School of Engineering
* Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
For those of you working in the area:
* Northwestern Mutual Insurance
* Harley Davidson
* Milwaukee Electric Tool
* Cooper Electric
* Rexnord Corporation
* Rockwell Automation
Please ask if there are things you forgot at home:
* cork screw
* wine glasses
I haven't used Airbnb before visiting Milwaukee and Cream City Colonial in January. Many Growing Power trainees like myself have enjoyed staying with her while in town. Dawn is an incredible host with a lovely home and a gift for baking and hospitality. She has my reservation whenever I come to town, which will be every month. I cannot recommend her enough.
My stay at Cream City Colonial was quite comfortable. The location is easily reachable by bus (from the airport) which was incredibly convenient. The atmosphere and host were quite warm, but nothing beat the thread count on the sheets! Would welcome another stay at CCC.
Dawn is a wonderful host, I liked her place so much ! Clean, cosy, and well decorated. The breakfast was really good and fresh ! She gave me a jar of homemade jelly too ! Highly recommended !
This is a really nice place to stay. I highly recommend it.
Dawn is a wonderful host! My husband and I have stayed with her twice now over the Christmas holidays and highly recommend her place. Dawn truly goes above and beyond to make guests feel welcome in her home. She is also a fantastic baker (highlights from our last stay included delicious chocolate covered cake balls and carrot apple muffins). I haven't had a better AirBnB experience anywhere. Thanks so much, Dawn!
A lemon bar evening snack, delicious muffins for breakfast, Dawn's always pleasant presence, comfy accommodations…the perfect home away from home!
We arrived at 9:30 pm and left at 5 am to catch the ferry to Muskegon. Dawn was great, she baked THE BEST fresh blueberry muffins ever :-)
Dawn has a very sweet house and a great room! She is wonderful and helpful. Any questions I had, she promptly answer. She had a home made dessert waiting for me upon arrival, and she is a great host. The house is filled with charm, clean, and a kitty cat that stays out of your way, even though I love cats! If you need to be in downtown Milwaukee, its on the outskirts of town, FYI, but there is public transportation nearby. Its a safe and beautiful street too.
I always like to stay by Dawn when in Milwaukee. Dawn is a most pleasant person and a very accommodating host. Her rooms are very comfortable and clean.
hemos estado por dos noches, y nos hemos sentido como en casa. habitacion amplia, desayuno casero con pastitas hechas por ms.eva. en fin, un 10 sobre 10. fantastica estancia
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.