About this listing
This home is located in the city of Milwaukee, but on the northwest side of the city, about 7 miles from downtown Milwaukee, and only 2 miles from downtown Wauwatosa, which is a quaint village with restaurants and shops.
This private room, named after my maternal grandmother, includes a full size bed, sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels is located on the second floor. There is a parking space in the alley behind the house and plenty of alternate street parking is available free for three nights (registration done online at time of arrival).
This two story, air conditioned, hardwood floors throughout, brick colonial is located in a peaceful neighborhood and has three available bedrooms, all on the second floor. The bedroom would share a full bath (shower / tub), located on the second floor, with owner and potential other guests. There is also a half bath located in the lower level. There is a nice size deck with a pub table and chairs and firepit in the backyard.
For those that might be allergic to cats, we keep all bedroom doors closed when rooms are unoccupied to prevent Kiko (grey tabby) from entering the bedrooms. She is an independent cat and likes to keep to herself and is fine if you completely ignore her.
A light, simple, self-serve continental breakfast (coffee, tea, juice, milk, fruit and pastry) is available. If you'd like something more substantial we can recommend some awesome nearby restaurants that serve breakfast. We also offer a sweet treat upon arrival.
When you arrive you'll notice a Little Free Library in the front yard. The concept behind the library is promote literacy and the philosophy is to "take a book and leave a book". There are no due dates on books taken from the library and they can be returned to any Little Free Library. Bring a book with you on your trip to Milwaukee, feel free to leave one in the library, but if you don't have a book feel free to still help yourself to a book to enjoy during your stay or on your travels.
Please ask if there are things you forgot at home:
* cork screw
* wine glasses
Access to the house includes shared living room, dining room, and bathroom. TV is not of importance in this house, so we only have the ability to watch local channels and movies via VHS or DVD. Wi-Fi internet is available if you want to catch a TV show via your laptop. Washer and dryer are available for extended stays only. Please respect the privacy of the other guest rooms and the private space of the owner.
Interaction with guests
I like to let my guests determine the amount of interaction with the host. I am always willing to chat with guests and learn about them however, I also respect your privacy and quiet time.
The house is located in a quiet neighborhood with other residential homes and easy access main street and highways.
Cream City Colonial is located 2 blocks from a city bus stop and several restaurants. We are located just two miles north of downtown Wauwatosa. Two bicycles are available for guests use during their stay. More information is available on local attractions, restaurants and events.
Other things to note
The list includes: (listed closest to furthest)
* Downtown Wauwatosa (~ 2 miles south)
* Mayfair Mall (~ 3 miles west)
* Miller Brewery and tours (~ 4 miles south)
* Growing Power (~ 5 miles north)
* Milwaukee County Zoo (~ 5 miles south)
* Wisconsin State Fairground (~5 miles south)
* Palemeros Pizza factory tour (~5 miles southeast)
* Miller Park (baseball stadium) (~ 5 miles southeast)
* Potawatomi Casino (~6 miles southeast)
* Captain Frederick Pabst Mansion (~ 6 miles southeast)
* Mitchell Park Conservatory "The Domes" (~6 miles
* Downtown Milwaukee (~7 miles southwest)
* Harley Davidson Museum (~ 7 miles southeast)
* Milwaukee Public Market (~7 miles southeast)
* Grand Avenue Mall (downtown) (~7 miles southeast)
* Historic Third Ward (~ 7 miles southeast)
* Milwaukee Public Museum (~ 7 miles southeast)
* U.S. Cellular Arena (~ 7 miles southeast)
* Milwaukee River Cruise Line (~ 7 miles southeast)
* Bayshore Mall (~8 miles northwest)
* Summerfest (~ 8 miles southeast)
* Milwaukee Art Museum (~ 8 miles southeast)
* War Memorial Center (~ 8 miles southeast)
* Discovery World (~ 8 miles southeast)
* Bradley Center (` 8 miles southeast)
* Charles Allis Art Museum (~ 9 miles southeast)
* Lake Express Ferry (~ 10 miles southeast)
* Boerner Botanical Gardens (~13 miles south)
* Taste of Home Outlet- Greendale (~15 miles south)
* Frontier Airline Center
* Jelly Belly Visitor Center - Pleasant Prairie (~ 45 miles south)
* Lake Geneva Canopy Tours (hiking, biking, zipline, skybridge) (~ 45 miles southwest)
* Milwaukee Food Tours
* Cedar Creek Winery - Cedarburg
* Downtown Wauwatosa & Farmer's Market
* Downtown Hartford
* Downtown Cedarburg
* Downtown West Bend & Farmer's Market
* Downtown Lake Geneva
Perhaps you have loved ones staying in the places listed below
* Mt. Mary College
* Medical College of Wisconsin
* Wisconsin Lutheran College
* Marquette University
* Milwaukee Area Technical College
* Milwaukee School of Engineering
* Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
For those of you working in the area:
* Northwestern Mutual Insurance
* Harley Davidson
* Milwaukee Electric Tool
* Cooper Electric
* Rexnord Corporation
* Rockwell Automation
I'm flexible with check in and check out times. However, I ask that you communicate with me if you are going to be later than initially expected. Lack of communication on late arrivals are subject to $50 late fee.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 60 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
It is my pleasure to serve / assist others visiting the Milwaukee area with Midwest hospitality. I've studied Hotel & Restaurant Management and offer rooms in my colonial style home at an affordable price to my guests.
My interests include home decorating, perennial gardening, cooking, baking, reading, knitting, sewing, and other DIY crafts.
My goal is to make your stay in Milwaukee the most enjoyable and provide you with excellent customer service (leave you alone if that is what you prefer or socialize with you about the area and discover areas of interests for you).
I look forward to meeting you and sharing with you all that Milwaukee and the surrounding areas have to offer.