Luxury one room apartment in top location in a high-rise building in Berlin's historic centre, with a spectacular birdseye view of Berlin city. Ideal for couples, discerning Berlin visitors and business travellers.
30 m², 1 room, 19th floor, parking.
Short details: 30 m², 1 room, 19th floor. Max. 2 persons, 1 double bed, bathroom with bathtub, free Internet, LCD TV, lift, child friendly, car parking. Non smoking & no pets
Further details: apartmentberlincentre wordpress com
Berlin, Berlin, we are going to Berlin!
On the most central location of Berlin, directly at Hackescher Markt, there is the skyscraper in the Rochstraße. With its proud 100 meters, called "The Windmill" because of its ground plan, it is the tallest high-rise apartment building in Berlin. Four elevators bring you up to the 24th floor. In this building, which was a home of the privileged and dignitaries of the GDR, a well-lit holiday apartment is waiting in the 19th floor for you. Modern, quiet, and newly renovated, this vacation home offers you a fantastic view over Berlin's historic centre, and enough space for a pleasant stay in Berlin.
The holiday apartment was completely renovated and restored in 2008 by an interior designer. One wall in the hall was deliberately left as a concrete wall. The floor is furnished with a high quality Ardex stone floor. The handcrafted, wood-panelled podium with built-in wardrobe is the highlight of the apartment. The American kitchen, handmade by the carpenter and the integrated wardrobe behind the door rounds off the exclusive furniture. Due to the windows across the entire front wall, this holiday home offers a breathtaking panoramic view at 75 m height over Berlin’s city centre on the TV Tower, the Berlin City Hall, St. Mary's Church, St. Nicholas Church, the Nikolai district, the Alexanderplatz, in the right angle the Berlin Cathedral. With the binoculars from Tasco (special design Olympic Games Montréal 1976), you can literally look over the shoulder of Mr. Wowereit, the governing mayor of Berlin.
Panorama Apartment Berlin City Centre features high quality, handmade designer furniture with a lot of storage space.
The room offers a comfortable double bed (210x150), two wardrobes, dining table, LCD TV, Hi-Fi, radio, glass table, small library. Due to the platform and the southeast orientation, the morning sun greets you and invites you to discover Berlin, which lies at your feet. Five travel guides will accompany you in your discovery through Berlin and its surroundings.
The fully equipped American kitchen has everything you need for cooking: fridge freezer, cooking stove with induction hob and oven, coffee maker from Nespresso, kettle, toaster, cooking utensils, complete dishes, and cutlery. Coffee, tea, coffee syrup, sugar, salt, and pepper are available.
In the bathroom with bathtub, a hairdryer is available.
On each floor there is a common laundry drying room. Three bicycle rooms are available on the ground floor of the house.
Upon arrival, you will of course find freshly made beds, towels, and a bottle of wine as a welcome gift. Moreover, flowers...
Panorama Apartment Berlin City Centre is located in the very city centre and the historic heart of Berlin, directly at Hackescher Markt. More central is only possible if you sleep directly on the Television Tower. But it is revolving…
Numerous sightseeing, cultural institutions, restaurants and bars, characterize the area around the Hackescher Markt.
SIGHTSEEING within walking distance from the apartment
There are at your feet:
• Hackescher Markt with the laboriously restored Hackescher Höfe (Hackescher Courtyards). The complex of eight yards is Germany largest residential and commercial courtyard.
• St. Mary's Church – the oldest preserved parish church of the medieval Berlin
• Berlin Cathedral – built as a court and memorial church of the Hohenzollern
• Berlin Town Hall (Rotes Rathaus)
• Nikolai Quarter – 773 years old
• St. Nicholas Church – Berlin’s oldest maintained building
• Alexanderplatz with the World Clock.
In just 5 minutes by foot you reach:
• the TV Tower – with a total height of 368 meters the tallest building of the city, it is one of Berlin’s main attractions.
• Museum Island – World Heritage of UNESCO, in which are united in an ensemble on the Spree five important museum buildings: the Old Museum, the New Museum (after 70 years of closure in October 2009 re-opened to the visitors), the Old National Gallery, the Pergamon Museum, and the Bode Museum.
• Unter den Linden
• Neptune Fountain
• German Historical Museum
• Monbijou Park
• Berlin State Opera
• Opera Palace
• The streets of the old Berlin Scheunen quarter with its numerous restaurants, bars, and boutiques
• New Synagogue in Oranienburgerstreet with the Centre Judaicum
• Sea Life Center in Dom Aquarée.
In maximum 15 minutes, you can reach by foot all Berlin’s main sightseeing:
• Brandenburg Gate – The unique remained city gate is Berlin’s symbol.
• Reichstag (Parliament)
• Federal Chancellery
• Potsdamer Platz
• Central Train Station
• Holocaust Memorial
And to the serious travellers between you be said, also the Humboldt University, Charité, International Business Center, Foreign Office, Max-Planck-Institute, Instituto Cervantes, Goethe Institute, and more embassies than countries we know are also fantastic to achieve.
If you are a partygoer, this is the place to be! The Hackescher Markt is the most popular starting point for Berlin’s nightlife. So, all you have to do is to go downstairs. ;-) Starting from outside the Hackescher Markt S-Bahn station the clubs and bars begin, 24 hour Am to Pm bar just around the corner being the first one. The restaurants, cafés and bars follow one after another along Oranienburger Straße past Rosenthaler Straße. The music is loud, the drinks expensive and remarkably. Oranienburger Straße, a mile long street of wall-to-wall bars, dance clubs and restaurants between Monbijouplatz and Oranienburger Tor is the undisputed centre of Berlin’s round the clock nightlife. Representatives of Berlin’s legendary club scene are also just around the corner.
Restaurants and bars: Taqueria Tipica directly opposite to the house, Hackescher Hof, Kilkenny Irish Pub, Yo Soy Restaurant & Tapas Bar, Barist, Papa Asada Mexican Food, Palermo Ristorante & Pizzeria, Vivolo, Trattoria Ossena, Frateli, Oliva International Kitchen, Dante, Rocco, Block House, Nordsee, Brauhaus Lemke, Brauhaus Mitte
Cafés: Starbucks, Caras Gourmet, AM to PM, Café Cinema, Häagen Dazs
Theatres: Volksbühne, Maxim-Gorki-Theater, Deutsches Theater, Chamäleon, Berliner Ensemble, Hackesches Hoftheater, Distel, Sophiensäle, Roter und Grüner Salon
EAT & DRINK in the immediate vicinity of the apartment
Bakeries: Kamps, Steinecke Brotmeisterei, Bäcker Wiedemann, Thürmann Bäckerei & Konditorei, Lindner Feinbäckerei, Der Havelbäcker Landbäckerei, Wiener Feinbäcker
Food Markets: Bio Company, Kaiser’s in Berlin Carré, Edeka, Asia Supermarkt
Fast Food: Mc Donald’s in Berlin Carré, Subway, Ditsch, Dunkin Donuts, All in one Döner, Noodle Box, Chicken Döner
At Hackescher Markt and Alexanderplatz, you find all kind of shops, from the small design shops to large department stores. In the Alexanderplatz station, you can buy even on weekends until late at night things of daily need.
The area around Hackescher Markt is a great mixture of cafes and shops. You find all the known designers but also some unknown Berlin fashion shops. A real delight! It's really the place not to be missed in Berlin, if you likes shopping.
SPORTS activities near the holiday apartment
Jogging in the James Simon Park or on the board of the Spree River, walking in the idyllic Monbijou Park, cycling, canoeing on the Spree, swimming in the Stadtbad Mitte, in the Swimming Pool Fischerinsel or in the outside doors Swimming Pool Plötzensee. Across the street, there is a basketball field, a public street ball field you find at the Neptune Fountain in front of the Berlin City Hall.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT CONNECTIONS
Optimum public transport connection Hackescher Markt being a traffic junction.
• S-Bahn & Tram station Hackescher Markt
• U-Bahn, S-Bahn & train station Alexanderplatz
• Metro station Weinmeisterstraße
• Bus stop Spandauer Straße/Marienkirche. The sightseeing buses of the lines 100 and 200, the Airport Express bus TXL, as well as the M48 and 248 buses are starting from the doorstep.
• Direct connection to the airports Tegel and Schönefeld
• Direct S-Bahn connection to the Trade Fair Centre ICC and the Olympic Stadium.
• We are very pleased to welcome you personally in our Panorama Apartment Berlin City Centre and to familiarize you with the equipment. You receive directly from us the keys as well as sheets and towels.
• As well, we would be very glad to answer any of your questions about Berlin or the surrounding area.
• In order to reduce waiting times, we agree variable check-in/ check-out hours without extra charge.
• Free cleaning each third day
• Babysitting on demand
• Luggage storage by late check-out free of charge
• Lending of inline skates and skates free of charge
• We speak German, Spanish, French, and Italian. Hence, inquiries in these languages welcome.
Wir sprechen Ihre Sprache!
Nous parlons votre langue !
!Hablamos su idioma!
Parliamo la sua lingua!
3 January – 29 February: 80.00 EUR/night
1 March – 31 October: 90.00 EUR/night
1 November – 25 December: 80.00 EUR/night
26 December – 2 January: 100.00 EUR/night and a minimum stay of 4 nights
Final cleaning: 25.00 EUR
Refundable security deposit: 100.00 EUR
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Children under 8 years pay nothing!
Occupancy: In order to assure the high comfort standard, the Panorama Apartment Berlin City Centre is available for maximum two adults or two adults and one child under 8 years.
Late check-in/ check-out on request free of charge.
Car parking on request direct in front of the house free of charge.
The price includes:
• Bed linen and towels
• Room service every third day
• Coffee and tea
• Pocket map of Berlin Centre with metro and city railway network map
• A bottle of wine as a welcome gift
• 50 % discount on the entrance fee in Ethnological Museum/ Museum of Asian Art, Museum of Communication and Museum of Decorative Arts at the Köpenick Palace
• 25 % discount on the entrance fee in Museum for Film and Television and in the Cabaret Theatre Distel
• 20 % discount on the entrance fee in German Historical Museum
• 15 % discount per bill in the restaurants Hopfingerbräu at Brandenburger Tor and Lindenbräu at Potsdamer Platz
• 10 % discount on the entrance fee in Tierpark and 5 % discount in Zoo.
Vietato fumare. Spesso abbiamo ospiti che sono molto sensibili per quanto riguarda l'odore di sigarette. Quindi, nel caso in cui si fuma, dobbiamo computarli un extra di 100 Euro per la pulizia supplementare.
I'm a freelance journalist living and working in Berlin. Down to earth, nature loving, connect well with people. I love the sparkling cosmopolitan German capital!
Looking forward to hear from you and to be of service to you soon!