Beautiful, peaceful "Bali" inspired En Suite with Queen...
Super comfortable Queen bed with your own private bath, (En Suit). Your own private entrance if you prefer. French door opens to natures peaceful deck & covered outdoor "Bali" hut for those who may enjoy sleeping outdoors... use it for yoga, meditation, spiritual rejuvenation... with a twin bed! There are two fire places... for a real outdoor camping experience! Also a BBQ and "Bali" p(website hidden) umbrella for shade.
The house is a beautifully updated historic 1915 True Craftsman style home with beautiful original art thru out. Awesome gourmet kitchen. You're going to love staying here! New thick fluffy towels and pillows and super comfy beds.
• Sorry, No pets... an allergy free home.
Here's a little info about your stay here...
• Quiet, safe neighborhood.
• Plenty of street parking.
• Free Secure Wi-fi.
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room.
• Spacious new backyard decks for relaxing listen to the birds and enjoying the peaceful NW outdoors!
• Spacious front porch for relaxing and enjoying the pace of the neighborhood.
• Close and very convent to the airport, downtown and freeway.
• 4 mi. to PDX airport.
• 4 mi. to downtown, train station- bus station
• Close public transit ...Tri-met bus #12 on Sandy Blvd. to town
• Close to City Center ...From downtown I-84 Exit 2, Cesar Chaves / (39th) / Hollywood.
• Max line - Stops at 42nd & 60th.
• 2 mi. to Voodoo Doughnuts- 1501 Northeast Davis Street, just off Sandy Blvd. There's also one downtown!
• 2.8 mi. to Lloyd ctr. Shopping Mall.
• Easy walk to cafe's, coffee, restaurants, pubs, shops, parks, library, golf course, movies
FOOD and drink suggestions...short walking distance:
• Rose City FOOD CARTS and fresh produce: 52nd / NE Sandy Blvd.
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right, 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd / NE Sacramento St.
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe - 53rd / NE Halsey
• Killer Burger- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th / Hancock)
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• The Hollywood Saturday Market- fresh, local produce. Located in front of the Grocery Outlet. at 45th / Hancock.
So many fine restaurants and establishments are a short drive from here. I will be glad to suggest great places and directions.
If this is your first reservation on Airbnb:
• Please tell me a little bit about yourself when you make a reservation or inquiry - where you're coming from, if your group is family/friends, etc...
• I don't have access to your contact info, and I can't pass you mine until you make your reservation.
• Let me know if you have questions about anything at all: about me, my home or Airbnb in general.
Thank you! ~Bruce
• Beautiful newly finished hardwood floors... PLEASE... No hard-heeled or high-heeled shoes
• Socks preferred, Quieter too!
• This is an allergy free home. No pets please, I don't allow dogs or cats to stay.
• No smoking in the house. You may smoke outside.
• Quiet-ish hours are: 10:00pm - 8:00am.
• Quiet residential neighborhood, please respect our neighbors.
• Shared kitchen... some room in the frig for your things.
• Please replace items used.
• Beverages- wine, cider and beer available to purchase.
• Compost bin in the sink for food vegetable scraps. Please no animal products.
• Recycle bins for bottles, paper, plastic.
If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to help you out with them!
Most of all, please enjoy your stay here in this great home!
Bruce is an excellent host. My stay was last minute and he went beyond the call to have my room ready earlier than the standard arrival time. The room was funky and well appointed. I especially liked the french doors to his back yard right in the room, felt like my own secret garden. The ensuite bathroom felt like an extra, and made my stay extra sweet. He had a full house with three other guests, yet the house was quiet and retreat like. I love airbnb travelers, so thoughtful and respectful. Sitting with Bruce on his front porch at sundown was a delight as the sun drenched us with warmth as we shared a bit about our journeys. Stellar stay.
My boyfriend and I loved our stay with Bruce,even though our stay was short we felt right at home. The whole house is full of artistic character and charm. The king sized bed we slept in was extremely comfortable especially after a long day of exploring Portland. Can't wait to come back!
I truly enjoyed staying in Bruce's home. It is such a lovely space with great energy. My room looked out onto the backyard, which gave a feeling of privacy, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Bruce was very attentive and a pleasure to talk to - he even dropped me off at the train station when I left. I would certainly stay there again and recommend it to anyone else. It's just like staying with family.
Bruce accepted our reservation at the very last minute and the room was clean and ready when we arrived. The room is as pictured and has a really nice feel to it. The kitchen is amazing, and I love how well organized everything was. Bruce also made good restaurant recommendations and was a great host. We'd certainly stay there again.
Bruce was very hospitable and sweet. He was also very knowledgeable about the Portland area and various things to do.
The purpose of my vacation was to unwind and get some rest. The En Suite space was AMAZING. The neighborhood was quiet and peaceful. The queen bed was super comfy. What a great place to return to after a long day of touring the city. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
The Bali Room was very comfortable. I got a very good night sleep there especially after a long drive.
This was a great location. Comfortable bed, quiet neighborhood within walking distance to restaurants etc. Bruce was a great host providing helpful local information. Would definately stay here again.
This host has 136 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Greetings! I call Portland home. Having worked in Television Broadcasting for 25 years as a Creative Director I have always had a passion for the arts, photography, design and take pride in remodeling my 1915 craftsman home. Wine, cooking and traveling are also high on the passions list! My daughter Talia when not traveling somewhere exotic loves home and is an expert in raw food, good health coach and a designer. She has also lived abroad and is following her passions in life.
Portland is a great creative town. An amazing amount of culture abound. Portlandia has definitely put us on the map. I love to travel and the best experience is feeling comfortable and welcome wherever you end up. Having lived abroad, traveling in New Zealand, Australia, Bali, and France I gained a fondness for guest houses, seeking out creative stays all along the adventure.
I am excited to share my beautiful home, some of my favorite restaurants and neighborhood highlights with new friends that I am looking forward to meeting ...and hearing where your travels have taken you!
Dream + Believe + Create + Inspire