About this listing
Beautiful, peaceful "Bali" inspired En Suite with Queen...
Super comfortable Queen bed with your own private bath, (En Suit). Your own private entrance if you prefer. French door opens to natures peaceful deck & covered outdoor "Bali" hut for those who may enjoy sleeping outdoors... use it for yoga, meditation, spiritual rejuvenation... with a twin bed! There are two fire places... for a real outdoor camping experience! Also a BBQ and "Bali" p(website hidden) umbrella for shade.
The house is a beautifully updated historic 1915 True Craftsman style home with beautiful original art thru out. Awesome gourmet kitchen. You're going to love staying here! New thick fluffy towels and pillows and super comfy beds.
• Sorry, No pets... an allergy free home.
Here's a little info about your stay here...
• Quiet, safe neighborhood.
• Plenty of street parking.
• Free Secure Wi-fi.
• Shared gourmet kitchen, living room, fireplace, dining room.
• Spacious new backyard decks for relaxing listen to the birds and enjoying the peaceful NW outdoors!
• Spacious front porch for relaxing and enjoying the pace of the neighborhood.
• Close and very convent to the airport, downtown and freeway.
• 4 mi. to PDX airport.
• 4 mi. to downtown, train station- bus station
• Close public transit ...Tri-met bus #12 on Sandy Blvd. to town
• Close to City Center ...From downtown I-84 Exit 2, Cesar Chaves / (39th) / Hollywood.
• Max line - Stops at 42nd & 60th.
• 2 mi. to Voodoo Doughnuts- 1501 Northeast Davis Street, just off Sandy Blvd. There's also one downtown!
• 2.8 mi. to Lloyd ctr. Shopping Mall.
• Easy walk to cafe's, coffee, restaurants, pubs, shops, parks, library, golf course, movies
FOOD and drink suggestions...short walking distance:
• Rose City FOOD CARTS and fresh produce: 52nd / NE Sandy Blvd.
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right, 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd / NE Sacramento St.
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe - 53rd / NE Halsey
• Killer Burger- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th / Hancock)
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• The Hollywood Saturday Market- fresh, local produce. Located in front of the Grocery Outlet. at 45th / Hancock.
So many fine restaurants and establishments are a short drive from here. I will be glad to suggest great places and directions.
If this is your first reservation on Airbnb:
• Please tell me a little bit about yourself when you make a reservation or inquiry - where you're coming from, if your group is family/friends, etc...
• I don't have access to your contact info, and I can't pass you mine until you make your reservation.
• Let me know if you have questions about anything at all: about me, my home or Airbnb in general.
Thank you! ~Bruce
• Beautiful newly finished hardwood floors... PLEASE... No hard-heeled or high-heeled shoes
• Socks preferred, Quieter too!
• This is an allergy free home. No pets please, I don't allow dogs or cats to stay.
• No smoking in the house. You may smoke outside.
• Quiet-ish hours are: 10:00pm - 8:00am.
• Quiet residential neighborhood, please respect our neighbors.
• Shared kitchen... some room in the frig for your things.
• Please replace items used.
• Beverages- wine, cider and beer available to purchase.
• Compost bin in the sink for food vegetable scraps. Please no animal products.
• Recycle bins for bottles, paper, plastic.
If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to help you out with them!
Most of all, please enjoy your stay here in this great home!
This house was amazing. We stayed for 2 weeks, and enjoyed cooking in the full kitchen and chilled quite a lot on the porch.
Bruce was easy to communicate with and made sure we had everything we needed. It was very clean and comfortable. It's one of our best Airbnb experiences and it has our warmest recommendation, we will def be back.
Our booking was last minute and this space looked comfortable and affordable compared next to the hotels.
This was my first experience with AirBnB and Bruce made it really count. He was very non-interfering and warm host. The house was good with nice furniture, great location and awesome kitchen. Looking forward to my next visit to Portland and will not mind choosing this place again!
Bruce's house was amazing. The decor was out of this world and the house was so comfortable and inviting. I would definitely recommend this spot to anyone visiting Portland!
Bruce was very friendly and welcoming! His home was spotless, inviting and extremely comfortable -- moreso than a hotel. I look forward to the next time I get the joy to stay with Bruce.
Loved this house. Access was simple and Bruce was very welcoming. Would definitely stay again. Did I mention walking distance to Laurelwood Brewing :)?
This host has 177 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bruce
Greetings! I call Portland home. Having worked in Television Broadcasting for 25 years as a Creative Director I have always had a passion for the arts, photography, design and take pride in remodeling my 1915 craftsman home. Wine, cooking and traveling are also high on the passions list! My daughter Talia when not traveling somewhere exotic loves home and is an expert in raw food, good health coach and a designer. She has also lived abroad and is following her passions in life.
Portland is a great creative town. An amazing amount of culture abound. Portlandia has definitely put us on the map. I love to travel and the best experience is feeling comfortable and welcome wherever you end up. Having lived abroad, traveling in New Zealand, Australia, Bali, and France I gained a fondness for guest houses, seeking out creative stays all along the adventure.
I am excited to share my beautiful home, some of my favorite restaurants and neighborhood highlights with new friends that I am looking forward to meeting ...and hearing where your travels have taken you!
Dream + Believe + Create + Inspire