About this listing
I have been hosting guests in my spacious home on Airbnb for over three years. Over 270 reviews - 98% 4 stars and over (73% 5 stars). Four guest rooms spread out over 2000 sq. ft. One guest described my home as an international hostel for grown-ups.
Skylights and sliding glass doors fill the room with light all thorough the day. Additional single bed and closet behind the curtain.
Flexible check in and out.
The bed is a double bed with an incredible organic mattress which is a combination of coils with memory foam toped with wool padding and wrapped in bamboo fabric. It is a firm mattress with great support. There is a second single bed tucked under the eves as is in the current pictures. It disappears from view when it is not in use.
The house is located on Euclid Avenue - the downtown edge of the Trinity Bellwoods neighbourhood - a lushly treed area that is a brief walk from the centre of the city. No need to have a car here.
The house is one of the older homes on the street - originally a store in the middle of a residential block. Built on the orchard lands of the old Gorevale estate, it is now situated right in the middle of the most popular and hip neighbourhoods of Toronto: West Queen Street West, Little Italy, Ossington, Kensington Market, Chinatown and Dundas to name a few.
The room is on the third floor. The whole floor is 400 feet of open concept over looking the living room below. At one end by the living room is my own private spa. here there is a wonderful desk under the skylight with a view of the CN tower where you can work. On the other side of the partition is your large bedroom. At the far end a single bed is tucked under the eve which opens up to the whole room and the view through the sliding glass doors. the comfortable double bed is tucked into an alcove. There are built in shelves and a closet for your clothes.
On the second floor is a new spa washroom - for use by all the guests - curved walls; open spaces; cathedral ceilings; custom mahogany built ins; and a large deck among other features. The living room, dining area, kitchen and deck are common areas for guests.
Public transit is only steps away, but you will be able to walk to most places. It would take you months to try all the restaurants which are a short walk away. There is internet access. Air conditioning when needed. We tend to be fairly quiet.
My son and I live downstairs and we are not partiers. We are looking for mutual respect. The rules are being developed as experience proves the need for them. Please excuse me for stating things which should be common sense.
* Please keep your belongings in your room including your bathroom toiletries.
* Shoes at the front door.
* The bathroom is predominately used by yourself and other guests. If you need the bathroom at specific times - i.e. early morning so you can be off to work - please tell me so I can inform the other guests.
* There are hooks in your room for your towel. Please use them and try not to use too many towels.
* We try to be quiet after 10:00 pm to allow people to sleep.
* No pets.
* No outside guests in the house after 10:00 pm. Outside guests are only allowed on the second floor and front hallway. Please keep me informed about who might be visiting you.
* People who are not registered as guests are not allowed to stay overnight unless it is discussed with me. Noncompliance with this rule will result in additional charges and possibly the termination of your stay.
* Do not bring people to the house to engage in sex. It is not comfortable for me or the other guests and will result in the termination of your stay.
The double bed with the incredible organic mattress flanked by mahogany built-ins and antique bedspread.