About this listing
2 bedroom/1 bath with fenced back yard. Plenty of street parking. Close to Max/busline. 10 minute drive to downtown Portland. A 2-3 mile walk or bike to unique shops, galleries, eats, brews, and coffee on Mississippi Ave, Williams Ave, or Alberta Arts. Pennisula park a close walk with sunken rose garden, community center,tennis courts, pool and more. New Seasons and Fred Meyer grocery stores close by as well. Our neighborhood is bike friendly, it is worth it to bring your bikes. An easy day trip to the Oregon Coast (Seaside or Cannon Beach). Spend an afternoon in the famed Oregon wine country (yes, you will be in a beautiful country setting upon reaching this area). Head east to the stunning Columbia River Gorge for exceptional hiking, water sports like kite boarding or windsurfing,Hood River a little over an hour away. If you ski, Mt Hood is about an hour and 1/2 away, easy to do in a day(and even have time to head for the coast!) If you would rather stay close to home, head over to Forest Park, hundreds of trails for running and hiking and feel like you are out of the city. Haven't gotten to all the great things to do downtown and in the Pearl district. Come enjoy a great Portland nieghborhood!
We provide coffee and tea. I leave shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, and shave gel. I also leave a hair dryer!
Interaction with Guests
Usually we don't get the opportunity to meet our guests as we are on vacation ourselves. We leave a house manual and have a local contact in case of an emergency. We are usually available by text, phone, or email, unless we are camping, in which case our guests know we won't be reachable.
Yes. A bus line is 1 block away, and the max (light rail) is 4-6 blocks away, or 1/2 a mile walk.
1. No smoking.
2. We offer a queen bed and twin size bed. We can sometimes make special arrangements as we have a third bedroom with a double bed. However, this is in our upstairs loft which is my husbands office, so it is our preference that this area remain off limits. A family, (Mom/Dad with up to 4 kids works ok to stay in our house, so I have the listing show that we accomodate six (one kiddo in the twin bed, the other on the couch and 2 on the queen size air mattress in the living room or in the small bedroom). In other words, families of up to 6, but not 6 adults.
3. No cats.
4. Dog ok with pre-approval. Additional pet deposit required and additional cleaning charge of $30.00. Must be leashed when outside and please to pick up all doggie poopie! Dog is not allowed on furniture, please provide dog-bed.
5. Please remove shoes when in our house.
6. No housekeeping service provided. Towels and linens provided.
7. House is privately owned. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on premises. Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests.
8. Any reservation made under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check in.
9. Rental agreement required after reservation made.
10. Please read cancellation policy prior to making reservation.
Home was as described. Convinient location, and kept very clean. Charming home.
We had a lovely time staying in this charming, clean, family friendly home. We really appreciated how accommodating the hosts were and the thoughtful touches that made our stay even more comfortable. We'll be back!
Such a perfect place to stay in Portland! Caroline was an amazing host and her communication was great. The house looked exactly as it did in pictures. It was a close drive to all the places we went to on our vacation. Caroline also had a nice bottle of wine for us and the house was clean and adorable. I'd highly recommend it!
We had a wonderful experience staying at this home. Our hosts were delightful and generous with their home. They were easily reached if we had a problem but we did not encounter any issues. It is a perfect place for a family of five. We would definitely stay there again.
The reservation was canceled 11 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We really enjoyed our stay at Caroline's. We particularly liked hanging out on the front porch and enjoying tea on the swing!! This house perfectly accommodated 2 couples and a small baby. Caroline was an attentive and available host and everything we needed to know was left conveniently for us in her guest book. We also spent a lovely afternoon in the sunken rose garden just blocks away! This was super. One thing to consider though, if you've never been to Portland this area isn't totally "walkable". You can walk places but it really does take a while. We decided on the first day to rent a car and we were happy we did. It saved us from spending our time "walking to far places" and instead left us to spend more time checking them out. Great overall stay, would recommend.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday at Caroline's house. The house was perfect for my husband and myself and our son and his family. The house was very clean and comfortable. It had lots of personal touches to make you feel at home. The grandchildren especially enjoyed the playground equipment in the fenced backyard. There is a great front porch that we actually used while the sun was shining. It was located in a nice neighborhood and was very quiet.
We cooked a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and Caroline had all of the cookware, casseroles, etc. that was needed.
The directions for getting to the house, obtaining the house key and working with a few quirks of an older house were very easy to follow. I would definitely recommend this house and look forward to returning in the future.
About the Host, Caroline
I am a creative, open minded individual with an opinion on just about everything! I love to laugh! I love my family, my friends, my Portland! My favorite travel destination so far is the U.S. Virgin Islands.