This is a luxury property, located on Sonoma Mountain, just minutes from the Sonoma Plaza, Glen Ellen and Kenwood--right in the HEART of wine country. We are secluded, on 2+ acres; a newly built craftsman home w/ an amazing prof. chef kitchen.
Completely secluded, on 2+ acres, with no other houses in sight. A long, private driveway leads up to the property.
TREAT yourself and friends to this magnificent Mountain Retreat, located in the exclusive 'Diamond A' Estates community, just minutes west of the Plaza. Our vacation home is situated in a secluded area on 2+ acres, with no other houses in sight, right at the end of a private country road. We are located right in the heart of Wine Country, less than a 10-minute drive to both the Plaza & Glen Ellen region. This is not a typical track house vacation rental--this is a premium custom-built home that offers you an amazing space in a serene and unique setting Sonoma style! Our kitchen area, in and of itself is spectacular--a FULL PROFESSIONAL CHEF KITCHEN, including an adjacent Pantry kitchen, and spacious dining room.
We are a NEWLY built, craftsman-era home with over 2700 feet of vaulted wood ceilings, red oak hardwood floors, massive windows (light!), and an open floor plan that will embrace you with continuity and openness. Each window and balcony offers an amazing wooded and valley views from every window & balcony. Take advantage of our acreage, including custom walking & hiking trails around the house, and waterfall ponds that add a constant babbling of nature. The house is engulfed by Oak, Maple, and Bay trees with many fern species; our property is active with deer, wild turkeys, and many species of birds.
The highlight of our home includes our NEWLY constructed Executive Chef Kitchen with Viking appliances, custom granite & cabinets--w/ all the amenities of a Professional Chef. You can skip the cooking, and enjoy an in-house Chef prepared four-course meal, prepared w/ local, Sonoma organic ingredients--with clean up included (inquire for more details). Sip a glass of wine off one of our 4 decks areas, perfect for outside lounging. Our massive kitchen island seats 6 comfortably for any gathering. Adjacent to the Kitchen lies a Butler’s Pantry (a smaller kitchen), equipped with an extra dishwasher, sink & prep area with plenty of space. A separate & spacious Dining Room seats up to 10, with an adjoining outside deck, offering fabulous views.
Take advantage of dipping yourself into our Hot Tub (w/ shower), with complete privacy--no houses or fences in sight to disturb your experience.
All three bedrooms are spacious, with the Master Suite encompassing all of the 2nd floor, complete with its own deck, massive closet, and newly built Master Bath. The Guest Suite offers its own unique getaway--with warm, pine-paneled walls, it includes a kitchen, with plenty of space for dining & lounging. Both the Guest Suite and the Guest Room have their own entrance leading out to the hot tub deck. Off the Living Room, there is a wine tasting (or game) room, ideal for… well… wine tasting, playing games, reading, or just hanging out. There are three FULL bathrooms, all NEWLY constructed “Sonoma” style.
For you techno-savvy guests, we offer a Wireless Entry system (no key needed), WiFi & Satellite TV (w/ FULL DirectTV HBO, Showtime, & Sports channels). While we are fully equipped for entertaining-- this is our family country home. We cannot accommodate large parties, owing to zoning and permit regulations. We do not wish to disturb our neighbors in this peaceful, private area and ask that no more than six guests stay over night.
We are owner-operated, so you don't have to go through a third party management company to ask questions or arrange your booking--we are very responsive and love to help our out of town guests.
Rates: $450/night Off Season ($3,150/week)
$595/night Peak Season ($3,500/week)
Off Season: NOV-March 3 night min.
Peak Season: April-October 4 night min.
*Legal Holidays: 4 day minimum*
Other Fees: $200 cleaning, 9% Sonoma Tax, & $750 refundable deposit.
PLEASE NO PARTIES OR LARGE GROUPS!
*Please note that our calendar may not always be up to date--please submit your requested dates, & we'll get back to you SOON!*
I/We, the undersigned, hereinafter referred to as “Tenant” are renting XXXX Deer Park Retreat. Sonoma CA, for vacation or recreation purposes, and agree to the following:
1. Upon Tenant’s arrival, the $750 Deposit converts to a Security Deposit. If the following provisions are met, Tenant’s deposit will be refunded by Airbnb within 48 hours of the Tenant’s departure if the following is met:
a. No damage is done to the home or its contents.
b. No linens or household items are missing.
c. No early check-in or late check-out.
d. The house or hot tub has not been smoked in.
e. The terms of the agreement with Airbnb are followed.
2. Tenant will adhere to the cancellation policy stipulated by Airbnb:
Strict: 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival, except fees
a. Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
b. The Airbnb service fee is non-refundable.
c. If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
d. Airbnb will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
e. A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > My Trips > Change or Cancel.
3. You agree to be fully responsible for any damage to the premises in excess of the Security Deposit, plus reasonable costs of collection, including reasonable attorney's fees, if necessary. Damage caused by your guests or invitees shall be your financial responsibility.
4. If Tenant does not personally inspect the premises prior to signing this Agreement, Tenant agrees to accept the rental property upon arrival, provided it meets the basic description as listed on the Rental Websites. In addition, Tenant agrees that Tenant will not be entitled to a refund of rent money, nor relocation to another property, and will have no claim or recourse against the Owner.
5. Tenant and Tenant’s guests and visitors agree not to smoke inside the house or in the hot tub. If smoking outside the house, Tenant and guests agree to properly extinguish and dispose of cigarette butts.
6. Tenant and Tenant’s guests agree to use the wood-burning stove ONLY as specifically instructed. Directions for use are located above the fire stove. Tenant and Tenant’s guests and visitors agree to use ONLY the Duraflame logs provided, NOT any wood or wood burning objects. Tenant and Tenant’s guests and visitors agree not to utilize any candles, incense, or other fire burning objects. The wood-burning stove will not be used on “spare the air” days (see house instructions).
7. Tenant and Tenant’s guests and visitors agree that there will be no loud or large parties in the home or on the premises and that they will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to the neighbors and that the premises will be maintained in good order and appearance.
8. Tenant and Tenant’s guests and visitors agree that any drug use on the property; or any disturbance, annoyance, endangerment, amplification of music, or inconvenience of the neighbors; or use of the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes or in violation of any law or ordnance; or commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises will immediately terminate Tenant’s occupancy and Rental Agreement of these premises.
9. Tenant and Tenant’s guests agree that children under the age of eighteen are not permitted to stay as guests unattended at the house, in the hot tub, or on the premises of the property. Again, ALL CHILDREN (under 18) ARE NEVER LEFT UNATTENDED at Deer Park Retreat. Tenant and Tenant’s guests acknowledge that there are decks, a hot tub, landscaping and other amenities and outdoor elements that could be dangerous to children and others. You also acknowledge and accept that there will be no supervision on the premises during your stay, and we will not be responsible for supervising the use of any of the facilities by either adults or children. Tenant and Tenant’s guests undertake all use of the property at your own risk.
10. Owner or Owner’s Agent may enter the premises immediately in the event of an emergency in order to perform necessary repairs and/or maintenance; and with 24 hours’ notice for normal maintenance or to show a prospective renter.
11. Occupancy price is based on and limited to six (6) persons. Any additional visitors or guests that stay the night will result in complete forfeiture of the security deposit. Occupancy of a RV on the premises is not permitted with this contract and as a result this Agreement may be immediately terminated without refund of the security deposit or rental fee.
12. No pets are allowed on the premises without prior authorization. Guests who bring a pet or pets without approval will forfeit their Security Deposit and may be evicted from the property. If your pet is authorized, it is your responsibility to ensure the pet does not dig up the yard, ruin any item inside the house, nor sleep on owner’s beds or covers. We ask that you clean up any dog waste and dispose of it in the garbage cans. We have approved your pet on your recommendation and require that the dog is well behaved.
13. Tenant shall be responsible for all damage, breakage, and /or loss to the premises, except normal wear and tear and unavoidable casualties (deemed by Owner), which may result from Occupancy.
14. Tenant and Tenant’s Guests agree to leave the full premises in the same order as found; upon leaving you agree to follow the instructions on the “House Instructions” provided prior to check in. This includes putting dirty dishes in dishwasher, placing garbage in the outdoor trash cans, stripping sheets off bed, putting any wet towels in a bathtub or shower stall, turning off all heat/air conditioning and locking all windows/doors.
15. Tenant and guests will agree to using the shower (inside or out) prior to using the hot tub, and maintain the hot tub in a clean and sanitary fashion, placing the cover in place when not in use.
16. The property will be left in the same good and habitable condition as it was found. Any damages or notable conditions found upon arrival will be reported to the Owner within one (1) hour of Occupancy. Tenant understands the property will be inspected prior to Tenant’s rental start and following Tenant’s departure. Otherwise, Tenant agrees to any repair costs for any damages and will promptly submit the monies due for full cost of replacement/repair. Tenant agrees to indemnify and save Owner and Property Manager harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the leased premises by Tenant, Tenant’s guests or invitees and from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the premises.
17. The Owner shall provide utilities, furniture and fixtures, linens and towels, including spa towels for hot tub use.
18. Prior to vacating the House, Tenant is responsible to remove all trash and recyclables to the location provided on the house instruction sheet (provided to Tenant prior to stay). Tenant shall ensure all dishes and cookware are clean, and return any furniture (inside and outside) that was moved to its original position. Beds should be left unmade. Make sure all doors and windows are LOCKED and shut and that the heater or air conditioner has been turned off.
19. We will make every effort to return items but will not be liable or responsible for personal items left behind, lost, or stolen.
20. Tenant and Tenant’s guests agree to read and abide the HOUSE INSTRUCTIONS that will be forwarded prior to occupancy (many of those items are included in this rental agreement). The code for wireless access to the property will then be provided after Tenant agrees to such instructions for use of the house.
21. Force Majeure. There may be circumstances beyond Owner’s control and contemplation in which the property might not be available for Tenant’s booking. Examples of these include (but are not limited to) destruction or severe damage to the property. In the event of Force Majeure, Owner will do his/her best to make alternative arrangements for Tenant where possible. If Owner cannot, or if the alternative arrangements are not acceptable to Tenant, then Owner will refund all monies paid. This will be the full extent of Owner’s liability to you in such circumstances, and Owner will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising.
23. This Agreement may not be assigned or the property sublet and is for the Tenant’s use only. No changes to, or changing of locks of the House/Property is permitted. Tenant will not use premises as a location for amateur or professional film/video without prior consent and arrangement with Owner.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE OWNERS OF DEER PARK RETREAT FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSS, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM ANY NUIISANCE OR HARM MADE OR SUFFERED ON THE PROPERTY BY YOU OR YOUR GUESTS OR INVITEES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INJURY OR DEATH, OR FROM ANY CARELESSNESS, NEGLECT OR IMPROPER CONDUCT OF ANY PERSONS ENTERING, OCCUPYING OR VISITING THE PREMISES.
This Agreement may not be assigned or the property sublet and is for the Tenant’s use only. No changes to, or changing of locks of the House/Property is permitted. Tenant will not use premises as a location for amateur or professional film/video without prior consent and arrangement with Owner.
After a conference in San Francisco, we wanted a few quiet days in wine country and we found this wonderful retreat! We were two couples and we were joined by my son and his wife for one of the nights. The house accommodated us all beautifully and privately.
The house is memorable with massive picture windows bringing the greenery and the wildlife right into the Great Room and the Master Bedroom. And the site is incredible - high in the mountains surrounded by forest and deer and privacy. Decks provide access to this wonderland on all sides of the house. And there is a terrific hot tub and a babbling brook to complete the relaxing experience.
And yet this Shangri' la is only a 10 minute drive to downtown Sonoma to get that last minute ingredient for dinner ... except you won't have to make such a trip... as the kitchen was so well appointed. Every appliance and spice and condiment known to man was available simply by opening the pantry door.
We weren't even planning on cooking but couldn't resist taking advantage of such a truly well outfitted culinary facility. And the thoughtful addition of champagne, beer, milk and eggs was lovely .. all the necessities of life!
We enjoyed a number of wine tours in Sonoma and Napa and none were more than a half hour drive away. And there were plenty of ideas for excursions included in a massive binder.
A terrific few relaxing days spent in the wilderness with all of the conveniences of home. I look forward to finding an excuse to make another trip to San Francisco soon if only to go back to this delightful Sonoma Mountain House.
Thanks so much. We truly loved it.
Amazing. Once you drive up to the wooded property, you will be thoroughly and pleasantly surprised and impressed.
Completely private property (we never saw another person or house during our whole stay) surrounded by beautiful trees. We had a few small children in our party and they enjoyed running the property and woods the entire weekend.
The house is spacious, clean and wonderfully updated. Hot tub and outdoor shower a major plus.
We hope to stay again soon; the owners were great to work with and made sure the house was just perfect for our weekend getaway.
I am a Bay Area native and have always loved venturing up to Sonoma County to enjoy the outdoor adventure fun, and all that wine country can bring especially amazing food, wine and gathering spots. After searching for over a year, we finally found our dream spot right in Sonoma, just minutes from Glen Ellen and the Sonoma Plaza. We take advantage of all this County has to offer, and want to share it all with you, including our amazing home nestled in the mountains!