About this listing
This quiet and spacious room is in a flat in a 100 year old Victorian home with some old world touches and many modern conveniences.
The shared kitchen and deck offer breathtaking views of San Francisco, the bay and the east bay hills.
The apartment is a flat in a 100 year old Victorian home with some old world touches and many modern conveniences. Nestled between the Castro District and Haight-Ashbury District you are in convenient walking distance to two of San Francisco's great neighborhoods and close to public transportation. This is a quiet oasis from the hustle and bustle of San Francisco.
Eat breakfast at the dining table overlooking the eastern side of San Francisco with views of Downtown, the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge and the east bay.
This is a large bedroom in the middle of the house right across from the bathroom. The room is about 12x12 with plenty of room to move around and get comfortable for bed. The bed is a queen size bed with end tables so set a glass of water, your watch and keys, or other things you may need handy..
Wake up in the morning to take a shower in the vintage claw-foot tub, make yourself a hot cup of coffee or tea using the Keurig Single Serve coffee brewing machine--we have a variety of coffees, teas, and some other choices.
If you're needing a bit of downtime, enjoy a bit of television in the common living room. Kick back on the Lay-Z-Boy recliner or just have a glass of wine to wind down.
The house is ideal for people looking for a quiet oasis from the city. It's a non-smoking house, but you can enjoy a smoke on the balcony overlooking the city.
Nearby street parking is usually available, or we're about a 10 block walk to the Castro Muni Metro Subway stop (there are other buses nearby to take you just about anywhere you wish to go)
Guests have access to the kitchen and balcony to cook/eat and enjoy the view of san Francisco with morning coffee or evening tea/wine/cocktail if desired.
the main bathroom is shared along with the kitchen and deck.
Interaction with Guests
I tend to leave it to the guests to decide. If people are chatty I am very interactive but if they prefer be left alone, that works for me as well.
I do live here and I occasionally work from home so I'm around a bit, usually evenings and weekends.
• Haight Street Market (on Haight @ Ashberry)
• Courtney Produce II (on 14th)
• Whole Foods Castro (on Market)
• Mollie Stone's (on 18th)
• Safeway on Market
• L'ardoise Bistro (on Noe)
• Nopa (on Divisadero)
• Canela (on Market)
• Jasmine garden (on 14th)
• Nopalito (on Broderick)
• Frances (on 17th)
• Zazie (on Cole)
• Anchor Oyster Bar (on Castro)
• Dante's Table (on Castro)
• Eiji (on Sanchez)
• Fable (on Castro)
• Wasabi Bistro (on Castro)
• Sliders (on Market)
• Pica Pica (on 17th)
• Bar Tartine (on Guerrero)
• Eureka Grill (on 18th)
• Suppenküche (Hayes & Laguna)
• Poesia (on 18th)
• Delfina's (on 18th)
• Squat & Gobble (Haight & Masonic)
• Squat & Gobble II (16th & Market)
• Catch (Market & Castro)
Bars & Clubs
• Magnolia Gastropub and Brewery (Haight & Page)
• Club Delux (on Haight)
• Milk Bar (Haight & Shrader)
Gay Bars & Clubs
• Trax (Haight between Ashbury and Masonic)
• Hi Tops (on Market) (Also serves food)
• Harvey's (18th & Castro) (Also serves food)
• Churchill (Church & 14th)
• Blackbird (Market & Church)
• Midnight Sun (on 18th)
• The Mix (on 18th)
• Moby Dick (on 18th)
• Last Call (on 18th)
• Badlands (on 18th)
• Toad Hall (on 18th)
• The Edge (on 18th)
• QBar (on Castro)
• 440 (on Castro)
• Beaux (on Market)
• The Lookout (on Market)
• the Café (on Market)
Coffee & Tea & Bakery
• Thorough Bread & Pastry (on Church)
• Josey Baker Bread (on Divisadero)
• La Boulange de Cole (on Cole)
• Philz Coffee (on 18th)
• Samavor Tea Room (on 18th)
• Starbucks (on 18th)
• Peet's in Lower Haight (Broderick between Oak and Fell)
• Peet’s in Castro (on Market)
• Reveille Coffee (18th & Market) (2 doors down from starbucks)
• Five Star Chocolate Truffles & Coffee (Castro & Collingwood)
• Espressamente Illy (Market St.)
• Spikes Coffee & Tea (Castro & 19th)
• Coffee To the People (Haight & Masonic)
• Oakside Cafe (Oak & Broderick)
• Vinyl Coffee and Wine Bar (Oak & Divisadero)
• Wine Kitchen (on Divisadero)
• Uvo Enoteca (Haight & Steiner)
• Blush! (on Castro)
• Swirl (on Castro)
There are several Haight street buses a couple blocks away.
N-Judah MUNI stop is 3 blocks downhill.
Castro street muni station is about 8 blocks away.
I also recommend lyft or uber over taxi cabs if you need to get somewhere in a hurry.
The homeowners association requests quiet after 10pm. This doesn't mean you must tip toe, but please be considerate of others in the building.
This is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and just relax after a day running around town or going out to many of the local bars and restaurants nearby.
Reminder: this is a pet-free and non-smoking house, but you're welcome to smoke outside on the deck.