About this listing
Welcome to our country home, Finca La Hamaca. We lived in Los Angeles for over 25 years, raised our girls and have now returned to our beautiful land to enjoy the best of Colombia's country life.
We are nestled in the heart of Colombia's Coffee Triangle, just 30 minutes away from the Matecana airport, perfect for taking advantage of local activities via our prearranged offered day-trips and kicking up your feet to take siesta in one of our coveted traditional hamacas. We're sure that you'll enjoy our natural environment surrounded by flowers, plants,trees, birds, nearby farm animals, and our very own family of chickens. You may even join us in collecting their eggs if you'd like!
Our rooms are private (one with en-suite bathroom, others share one) and the affordable price per night for the WHOLE house includes:
- personal pick-up and drop-off to and from the Matecana International Airport
- daily breakfast and Colombian coffee (both in the morning and evening)
- Cleaning fee
During your stay, we will be available as your personal guides to provide day-trip transportation* to local attractions and activities. Prices for excursions are very reasonable and available upon request. Let us show you our home like a local! Here is a list of our favorite things and places to share with you:
- Valley of Cocora National Park & Hummingbird sanctuary
Buried deep inside a mountainous valley in the central mountain range of Colombia. House of the National Tree - The wax palm: this foggy forest ecosystem, maintains an annual average temperature of 15 degrees C. Also included in this day trip, is a visit to Salento, a picturesque colonial town just 30' from the valley.
- Botanical Garden, near Armenia, with its butterfly farm and bamboo forest
- La Vieja River boat/raft trip
- Canopy (Zip line) and Horse Riding day trip
- San Vicente and or Santa Rosa Hot Springs
- Coffee Park and or Panaca Park day trip
- Drive trip through little colonial towns in the Coffee Region
- Hiking trips to nearby natural reserves - La Nona and or La Suiza
All activities including transportation* for day trips can be arranged before or during your stay.
BACKPACKERS most definitely welcome !!!!! as camping can also be considered within the safety of our premises.
Please contact us with any questions. Our commitment to providing you comfortable accommodation, personal guidance, and transportation so you have a pleasant stay in the beautiful coffee region of Colombia. We love it here and think you will, too.
*Making the difference by choosing us at "La Hamaca" for your transportation needs:
- It's more affordable than you might think. Our pricing is per-tour NOT per-person so if there are 3 or more in your group, you'll definitely pay less than if you took a big bus tour or do it on your own.
- Every day trip is private. We will spend time only with you and the people you're traveling with.
- Go at your own pace. See as much as you can or slow things down to a saunter. With us, your day is flexible (for as long as it takes)Benefit from Mary and I local's knowledge. Access more intimate, out of the way spots never to be seen on a tour bus.
- Every day trip is customized. See the sights YOU want, try the food YOU crave and most of all, learn about what interests YOU the most about the Colombian Coffee Region. THANKS !!!!!!