About this listing
Cute, older, cozy house perfect for visiting Montana State University area or as a hub on the way to Yellowstone!
We are right across the street from MSU-Bozeman and about 5 minute drive from downtown. Free WIFi included. There's a bathroom as well, that's shared. I make breakfast every morning, and that is included, also. The house is old, but clean, and homey.
There's a small porch in front, which is nice for morning coffee, and a big shaded back yard with a fire pit, perfect for little bonfires at night, and a glass of wine.
My garden outside is big, and provides fresh fruits and veggies in the summer. Friendly pets are welcome. We have a dog, named Pickle, who is a small black puggle. The room has a nice new queen size bed, a desk and printer, and two windows, one south facing and one east facing. There is a big closet in the bedroom, as well. T.V and DVD/VCR in Living room, but can be easily moved to guest room, if desired. It's a comfy living space, nothing too flashy, but homey.
The neighborhood is a quiet community. You can tell an old professor used to live here. There is a really cute little diner, Storm Castle cafe, with AMAZING homemade deliciousness, about 2 blocks away, walking distance. Also, there (email hidden) about 2 blocks away, called Spectators. The University is right across the street, as well, and has a little food court upstairs in the S.U.B.
The bus stop is less than half a block from us, and runs on schedule.
All in all, we have a cozy little home, enjoy company, love to travel, eat,and tell stories. We can't wait to meet you!
Yellowstone National Park (1 hour)
Big Sky year around resort (50 min)
Ski destinations (3 resorts - 1 hour)
Virginia City / Nevada City (1.25 hour)
Blue stream fly fishing (15min)
Bozeman Historic downtown (3 min)
Museum of the Rockies Dinosaur Museum (3 min)
Bozeman Hot Springs (15 min)
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (14 min)
And much more!
The Guests have full access to the kitchen, bathroom, WiFi, fire pit, back yard and bicycles available upon request!
Interaction with Guests
We try to be there when you get there and make sure you're settled, but after that, we try to stay out of your hair. I work from home, so I'm around most of the time, but upstairs, if you need something. Other than that, we encourage you to come and go as you please, and explore Bozeman! Plus, we live in a really cute neighborhood, so it's great place just to go for walks!
I love our little neighborhood! It's right across the street from the University and the houses around here go from old and quaint to beautifully designed custom homes... It's a quiet neighborhood, despite being close to the university, especially in the summertime.
The bus stop is less than a block away! Also, we have bicycles if you would like to borrow them!
Our house rules:
1) Please be respectful of space and people around.
2) Please clean up after your animals, if you have any
3) Please clean up after any messes you make in communal areas
4) Please have fun!
5) In the winter time, we try to take our shoes off to avoid tracking in the snow and dirt, so that's always appreciated, but not mandatory.
6) I do the dishes for short term guests. If you are staying as a long term guest, I appreciate the help whenever you can. Again, not mandatory, but helpful :)
7) Please don't feed Pickle whatever you want. She wants whatever you have, but don't fall for those beautiful eyes :)
8) We really just want you to enjoy yourself and explore Bozeman. We can provide you with all the tools to do that, but please, don't rely on us to BE the entertainment. (Although we are pretty darn entertaining sometimes)
9) There says there has to be ten rules but I really am anti rules so this is really difficult for me. So rule 9 is we should all talk about how being rebellious is more fun than following rules. What's the quote? "Well-behaved women rarely make history" Eleanor Roosevelt. Yeah.
10) If you are used to people catering to your every need and think that the Hilton is the place for you, this is NOT the house for you. We cater to warmth and hospitality and we want you to go into the fridge freely, make midnight snack trips, watch movies on the VCR or DVD player in the living room curled up under a fuzzy blanket with Pickle and some popcorn.