Double room. Breakfast included. Free parking, free wifi & good bus links to the city. 5 miles from the city centre, and 10 mins from Edinburgh airport. Local pubs, shops, cinema and restaurants within 10 minute walk. Garden with BBQ and all day sun.
Sunny double room in 2 bedroom modern house.
- Fully furnished room (linen and towels included)
- Bathroom right next door with shower, bath and toilet (bathroom will be shared with host who occupies other bedroom)
- Breakfast is included in price of stay: fruit juice, tea/coffee, fresh fruit, cereals, toast. Breakfast is self serve.
- Free parking outside property
- TV in room
- Kitchen facilities available for preparing snacks/light meals
- Easy access to Edinburgh City Bypass (A720) and only 10 mins by car/taxi from Edinburgh Airport. Please note there is no direct bus service from airport to my house. If you are travelling by public transport you would need to take 2 buses, or tram/bus combination - these options cost between £3-£8 per person, or a taxi costs £14-15. Alternatively I offer a pick up service for £10, (see details below)
- Very handy for buses. No 33 comes right to the door. And other services (Numbers
(phone number hidden)) all a short walk away. Bus journey to the city costs £1.50 and takes 30 minutes.
Also available at the property is a converted garage (sleep-out) that has accomodation for 2 people, (£20 per person, per night) It has twin accomodation and could be combined with this booking to provide accomodation for 4 people in total. (suitable for short stays only).Please contact me to discuss/arrange.
NB - the (website hidden) is only available in combination with this booking and not for let seperately.
Interaction with Guests
A friendly welcome awaits you!
I have lived in Scotland for 14 years and am happy to provide information and advice on things to do, how to get there etc. In your room you will find a wide selection of brochures and pamphlets including maps, information about trips, shows, attractions etc. The Guidebook on my listing provides information about local facilities: shops, restaurants, cash machines etc.
And if you need any further information I am more than happy to help so please just ask!
- Shops, pubs, restaurants all within a 10 min walk in nearby Juniper Green. I would recommend Kinleith Arms for pub food, Al Borgo for those who like Italian food, and Woods Deli for delicious food made with locally sourced products.
- Odeon cinema within 15 min walk in Wester Hailes
- Only 3 miles from Murrayfield and accessible by bus so handy for rugby fans!
- Heriot Watt university within 1.5 miles
- there is a small shopping mall at Wester Hailes that has supermarket, post office, library, etc (within 15 min walk)
- train station at Wester Hailes)with access to both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
I may also be able to offer a pick-up or drop-off service from the airport or train/bus station for an additional charge of £10. This is subject to availability, so please contact me to discuss.
Other Things to Note
There is free parking directly outside the property.
The following items are available for use during your stay so please just ask,
- iPod/iPad charger
- international plug adapters
- variety of phone chargers
I will provide a friendly and courteous atmosphere. All I ask is the same in return, and that you leave the place as you find it. I look forward to meeting you!
We stayed only one night and enjoyed it. We came late and the host was up greeting us. Sue is really pleasant and speaks understandable English compared to many Scots.
Sue was one of the best hosts that I ever has. She was very accommodative, friendly, warm, and inviting. I felt right at home immediately. The space that she has listed is exactly as advertised. Very neat and clean in a quiet neighborhood near the airport. City bus stops are not a long walk from her home. I highly recommend staying with Sue. Thanks again for everything!
Sue is a friendly host and helpful. Just ask, she will provide you what you need. The room is a 5 stars room. Her location is perfect to the airport.
We had a really nice stay at Sue's place. Everything was lovely from the 'sweet homemade' welcome to the end; we found the house clean, comfortable in particular we appreciated the bedroom equipped with everything a guest can desire (adapters, umbrella for the Scottish weather, maps...). Sue is a great person, open-mindedly and helpful; she allowed us to use her kitchen and use everything we needed moreover she gave us a lot of useful piece of advice about Edinburgh. We thought to find a bed and breakfast but we found a friend. Thank you!!
Sue was very welcoming and a great host. She was helpful with information - bus times and things to do in Edinburgh in one day. She took time for informal chats and we found we had lots to talk about. The room and facilities were as described. Very comfortable. Sue had made us some sweets that were with a welcome note in our room. We enjoyed our meal at the local pub she recommended. We would recommend her to others.
Sue was is an extremely friendly host, with great tips about the local area and places to dine. Very convenient location for those visiting the nearby universities and needing close access to the airport. Warm, welcoming and tidy room.
We had a wonderful stay at Sue's place! She explained everything we needed to know and even provided us with bus tickets and some really yummy complementary sweets! She was a great host to us and we'd be happy to come back any time. The location of her place is ideal, as it's close to the airport and to the city, yet quiet enough to have a good night's sleep! :)
I'm Sue. I'm originally from New Zealand but have lived in Scotland for 14 years. I love travelling and meeting people from all walks of life. I'm a teacher so this gives me lots of time off in the holidays!