About this listing
Double room. Breakfast included. Free parking, free wifi & good bus links to the city. 5 miles from the city centre (35 minutes by bus). 10 mins by car/taxi from Edinburgh airport. ( please note there is no direct bus service to airport, see listing for options) Local shops, cinema & restaurants all within 10 minute walk. Sunny garden with seating and BBQ.
Sunny double room in 2 bedroom modern two storey house.
- Fully furnished room including linen & towels
- Bathroom right next door to your room (bathroom will be shared with host who occupies other bedroom)
- A simple "help yourself" breakfast of fruit juice, tea/coffee, fresh fruit, cereals, toast is included in the cost of your stay
- Free parking on the street outside property
- Free Wifi
- TV in room ( with Freeview)
- Kitchen facilities available for preparing snacks/light meals
- Check in is between 4pm and 9pm but I am often able to be flexible with this so please contact me and I'll try my best to accomodate your needs.
- Easy access to Edinburgh City Bypass (A720) and only 10 mins by car/taxi from Edinburgh Airport. Please note there is no direct bus service from airport to my house. If you are travelling by public transport you would need to take 2 buses, or tram/bus combination - these options cost between £3-£8 per person, or a taxi costs around £15. Alternatively I offer a pick up service for £10, (see details below)
- Very handy for buses. No 33 comes right to the door. And other services (No.3, No21, No 25, No 30, No 44) all a short walk away.
Bus journey to the city costs £1.60 for a single ride, and takes 30-35 minutes. You can also buy a day ticket for £4 that gives you unlimited all day travel.
( please note August is festival time in Edinburgh and the city is very busy. Therefore journey times could well be longer than the times stated)
Also available at the property is a converted garage (sleep-out) that has accomodation for up to 2 people, (£20 per person, per night) It has twin accomodation and could be combined with this booking to provide accomodation for 4 people in total. (suitable for short stays only).Please contact me to discuss/arrange.
NB - the converted garage is only available in combination with this booking and not for let separately.
- Private room
- Kitchen facilities available for preparing light meals or snacks
- Garden with outdoor seating
- Free on street parking
Interaction with guests
A friendly welcome awaits you!
I have lived in Scotland for 16 years and am happy to provide information and advice on things to do, how to get there etc. In your room you will find a wide selection of brochures and pamphlets including maps, information about trips, shows, attractions etc. The Guidebook on my listing provides information about local facilities: shops, restaurants, petrol station, nearest train station, cash machines etc.
And if you need any further information I am more than happy to help so please just ask!
- Baberton is a quiet suburb with lots of family housing. Easy access to the city via No 33 bus (journey time 30-35 mins). Bus stop is 2 minutes walk from the house
- Shops, pubs, restaurants all within a 10 min walk in nearby Juniper Green.
I would recommend Kinleith Mill for pub food, Al Borgo for those who like Italian food, and Mollys for delicious homemade treats.
- Odeon cinema within 15 min walk in Wester Hailes
- Murrayfield rugby stadium is only 3 miles away and easily accessible by bus so handy for rugby fans!
- Heriot Watt university within 1.5 miles (access is by country lane - walk time 20-25 mins, or by No 45 bus from Juniper Green)
- Convenience store (Scotmid) nearby for every day essentials.
- there is a small shopping mall at Wester Hailes that has supermarket, post office, library, etc (within 15 min walk)
- train station at Wester Hailes with access to both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
TRANSPORT FROM THE CITY:
- No 33 bus from Princes St ( sign posted for Baberton) Journey takes approx 35 minutes and costs £1.60
- Taxi from city costs approx £15, journey time 15-20 mins
** please note**
In the month of August Edinburgh is very busy due to the festival. As a result bus journey times may take longer than stated.
TRANSPORT FROM AIRPORT
- Taxi to/ from airport costs around £15. Journey takes 10-15 mins depending on traffic.
- Please note there is no direct bus service from airport to my place. You would need to take 2 buses or a tram/bus combo. These options cost £4-7 and journey would be approx 45-55 minutes.
I may also be able to offer a pick-up or drop-off service from the airport or train/bus station for a charge of £10. This is subject to availability, so please contact me to discuss.
Other things to note
There is free parking in the street outside the property.
The following items are available for use during your stay so please just ask,
- iron and ironing board
- iPod/iPad charger
- international plug adapters
- variety of phone chargers
I will provide a friendly and courteous atmosphere. All I ask is the same in return, and that you leave the place as you find it.
To avoid spills/damage please do not consume food and drink in the bedroom. You are welcome to use the kitchen downstairs.
I am often able to be flexible with check in times, so please contact me if your arrival time falls outside the times quoted and I will do my best to accomodate you..
I'm Sue. I'm originally from New Zealand but have lived in Scotland for 16 years. I love travelling and meeting people from all walks of life, and I've been a member of the Airbnb community since 2012. I'm a teacher so this gives me lots of time off in the holidays!