About This Listing
My awesome modern corner penthouse apartment on the Upper West Side has sweeping views of the city and river in safe luxury doorman (24/7) building that's 10 mins from Central Park, Lincoln Center, the subway, taxis and more.
Beautiful corner penthouse w/ SW exposure overlooking the Hudson River in a terrific luxury doorman building on the Upper West Side.
I've lived here for 10+ years (which is like 632 in NYC years) and absolutely love this place.
This is a large (by NYC standards - 1000+ soft) 2-bedroom apartment with 2 separate, private bathrooms. The bedrooms & bathrooms are on opposite sides of the apartment, so there's plenty of privacy (no shared walls, etc.)
Each bedroom has its own bathroom, queen-sized bed with a VERY comfy mattress (I promise you'll fall in love), and you'll have use of the entire apartment.
I live here but travel quite a bit, so some dates I'll be at the apartment as well in my own bedroom - just check if you have any questions and I'll be happy to accommodate your preferences if you need privacy.
Some highlights of this apartment:
* Modern luxury doorman building
* 39th floor penthouse - spectacular, sprawling views of the city & Hudson River
* Balcony overlooking the river
* Great Upper West Side location - 5 minutes' walk from Lincoln Center, 5 minutes to Hudson River Park, 7 minutes from the subway, and 10 minutes to Central Park
* Full kitchen w/ gas stove, dishwasher, and fully plumbed Expobar espresso machine (if you're into that sort of thing ;)
* 50" Plasma HDTV
* Verizon FiOS cable & internet - the absolute best. 50 Mbit / sec internet w/ WiFi included.
* On-site parking garage available - attached directly to building (daily rates apply)
* Full gym w/ pool in lobby of building (privately owned/operated, so additional charges apply)
* Laundry room in lobby of building
* Supermarket & several small markets all within 2 blocks.
* Easy access to the subway (1 line @ Lincoln Center is about 7 minutes' walk) and there are always dozens of taxis zooming by on West End Ave. downstairs.
In other words, you'll love it here. My previous guests have been thrilled, and you will be too. Let me know if you have any questions!
* I'm pretty chill when it comes to rules. We can keep it simple: Leave the place as you found it and we'll be golden.
* Recycling required as per NYC laws - nothing serious, but just be sure to separate paper, metal, and regular trash into the three bins provided.
* Housekeeper is scheduled to come weekly if you'd like. A cleaning before and after your stay is include, but if you're staying for >7 days and would like the housekeeper to come, that's no problem - just let me know. There will be an additional $140/visit charge for this.
> Noah was very responsive and easy to get hold of.
> Apartment has great view of the river and the city lights, as advertised.
> Apartment is close to Lincoln Center and subway stops that get you easily to other sites you are interested in.
> Plenty of linens (towels and bedding).
> There were no wine glasses, no placemats, chipped glassware and dishes.
> Several outlets, especially around dinner table, did not work.
> A cord ran from the bedroom to the living room by way of the entrance to the kitchen.
> Paint splattered on the kitchen floor and chipped formica on the counter give the apartment a uncared-for look.
> Owner's assistant showed up unannounced, even though owner had phone numbers and email addresses, to troubleshoot the espresso machine, which we had no interest in.
Neither Pro nor Con:
> This is a transitioning neighborhood.
> This is definitely a bachelor's apartment.
> Location was not quite as close to what we wanted to do, but that was our responsibility.
Staying at Noah's place was really like staying at a friend's place. We were welcomed by Rosa, who showed us around. The apartment was clean and everything was arranged to make us feel comfortable. If necessary we could always call on Noah. From all rooms we had a great view at Manhattan and the Hudson River. Because we were with four of us (my husband and I, my daughter and son in law) it was very handy to have two bedrooms and two bath rooms. In every way much better than a hotel. We liked to prepare our own breakfast and to exchange our experiences in NYC sitting in the drawing room during the evening. Our son in law could even use the bike that stood in the hallway. He loved it.
So really a place that I can recommend to everyone.
Although we did not manage to meet Noah in person he was the best host imaginable. We were a group of four and whenever we had a question concerning the flat before or during our stay Noah replied promptly and politely and managed to help us quickly with whatever concern. The flat was super clean, everything from free wifi to clean towels was provided, and there was virtually nothing that turned out to be different from the description we had read on airbnb. Special thanks go to charming Creuza who jumped in for Noah to give us the keys a short tour of the apartment. We would definitely come back and stay at Noah's wonderful place again!
Fantastic apartment in a great neighbourhood. Apartment is very close to subway and has a local supermarket on the same block.
Apartment itself is very spacious, very well lit and on the top floor of the apartment building which makes for great views of the city both day and night. It is also very clean and plenty of toiletries and linen were available.
Would highly recommend this apartment to anyone who wants a quiet, out of the way accommodation in Manhattan with close proximity to all the sights the city has to offer.
Really great stay; the flat is lovely, in a great part of town and a great base to expire the city from. We didn't meet Noah but he was in touch throughout the visit and really thoughtful in checking in on us. Would definitely recommend this listing!
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews