Welcome to your home-away-from-home hotel alternative lodging experience in a fabulous tropical resort-style gated mini-estate that is yours to embrace!
Your host is a Hollywood celebrity actress, author, and entrepreneur. Cheri is the ex-wife of international pop star Stevie Woods, daughter-in-law of jazz icon Rusty Bryant, and cousin-in-law of “Miami Vice” TV star Phillip Michael-Thomas. Cheri is a licensed real-estate agent and can assist you with any real-estate needs such as a permanent rental or selling / purchasing property in the Los Angeles or Las Vegas area. We are the best kept secret in the entertainment industry for lodging in the Los Angeles area. All you need is your toothbrush and a bathing suit!
* In the exclusive Woodland Hills/Calabasas area (known as "The Beverly Hills of the San Fernando Valley") in the upscale "South of the blvd." (hillside) section of L.A. * Right off the 101 fwy. * 1/2 block to bus transportation * A stone's throw to Old Town Calabasas tourist attractions * 4 mi. to Warner Center, Westfield and Promenade Malls * Within walking distance to dining, entertainment and businesses * 20 mi. to Burbank airport * 29 mi. to LAX airport * 17 mi. to Universal Studios * 18 mi. to Hollywood * 23 mi. to ocean (Santa Monica/Malibu) * 52 mi. to Disneyland
* Over 10,000 sq.ft. mini-estate with 24/7 surveillance cameras. Guest houses located behind electric gates with private gated side entry. Guest units surrounded by tropical country-club setting * Natural rock waterfall splashing into a sparkling laguna-style lap pool.
OUTDOOR SHARED AMENITIES INCLUDE :
* Natural rock waterfall splashing into a sparkling laguna-style lap pool * 24/7 heated spa * Romantic custom Tiki Hut cabana w/ wicker chairs, end table & bench overlooking pool *Outdoor bar * pool area lounge chair * upper deck tanning area with 4 lounge chairs * umbrella covered table & chairs (seating for 6) Bar-B-Que w/ 2 gazebo-covered picnic tables and benches for group dining * Fire pit * Coin laundry
200 sq.ft. turnkey guest unit, steps out to pool area, adjustable "mood lighting," shared heating/AC w/ additional ceiling fan, table fan and portable heater, black-out drapes, kitchen table w/ seating for 2, shares a common wall with main house.
* 37" flat-panel TV in Hawaiian Hut * Wifi (computer DSL wireless) * Reprogrammable electronic digital safe * Custom faux painting * Saltillo tile flooring * Fully furnished in Hawaiian theme decor * Queen bed with memory foam mattress topper * Twin sofa bed * Desk * 3/4 bathroom * Hair dryer * Towels * All utilities paid *
NOTE: All guesthouses/units do NOT come with full kitchens. This means no stove, oven or kitchen sink. As a courtesy to my guests, I have added a "kitchenette." Consider this a bonus, not an amenity! Items include: Bar-size refrigerator/freezer (EXCEPTION: Hawaiian Hut has an apartment size refrigerator) * Double burner hotplate * Toaster * Microwave oven * Coffeemaker * Kitchen wares
Pets are welcome with prior approval. Certain breed restrictions due to liability issues.
* Prices are less than a government per diem, perfect for extended-stay business travelers, relocating employees, entertainment industry clients, or any other purpose. It is a cost-saving alternative to hotels or corporate-housing chains. There are no taxes or hidden costs. No discounts are offered so do not ask! The units are so reasonably priced that we often have to turn guests away! Prices are based on up to double occupancy. Extra guests are $10 person per night. Children under 5 and pets are free.
* Early check-in
* No agents commission
* No set-up fee
* No credit check or fee
* No lease or fee
* No resort fee
* No safe fee
* No taxes
* No minimum stay
* No internet fee
* No pet fee
* No hidden fees
* Check host calendar prior to making your reservation. To secure a reservation, you must provide an advance payment in full for the # of nights you are reserving. Your cleaning fee and refundable security deposit are automatically included in your booking payment. No pet deposit required.
Payment made directly through Airbnb. Hosts are not involved in the payment process.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after 2 guests|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
|Neighborhood:||Woodland Hills/Warner Center|
It is so nice when a host delivers exactly what they promise. The Hawaiian Hut, and its host Cheri, provided exactly what the listing portrayed during our two day. Cleanliness is important to me so the fact that the room and patio common areas were extremely tidy & well kept made for a very nice experience. The surrounding patio area is very welcoming. It has comfortable sitting options and a cute wading pool to cool off (email hidden) day. Thumbs up! I would definitely stay here again.
Everything I hoped for - quiet retreat in an ultra-convenient location. Outstanding value.
Loved the Hawaiian hut! Slept amazing and had everything I needed for my 7 day stay. Cherri was great and she even left (email hidden) in the fridge for my arrival. Thank you will def stay again if I'm around area.
Stayed here for two nights and had a wonderful time. Would highly recommend!!!
Absolutely no complaints here! The Hut was a perfect size for two people and had everything that was needed. The courtyard setting is beautiful and tranquil with the waterfall and surrounding tropical foliage. The hot tub was a very pleasant extra. Cheri was very friendly but not intrusive. I would highly recommend staying here.
My best friend and I stayed here for five days in February and it was a really lovely experience. The room was spotless, the amenities were wonderful and it was such a cute space. We felt comfortable and safe in the neighborhood and finding parking was a breeze!
We would stay here again in a heartbeat.
We didn't get the chance to meet Cheri, as I believe she was out of town, but all in all it was a great time!
Wonderful place! I stayed in the Hawaiian Hut, and it was lovely. The property is very secure and peaceful, and Cheri is very sweet and personable. I extended my stay for 1 more day without a problem. I will definitely stay here again, and have already recommended it to friends. Thank you Cheri!
Un bon rapport qualité prix.
If you want a do-it yourself experience, then this is the place. Not our cup of tea to arrive without meeting the host and having to let ourselves in as a standard practice.
Parking was quite difficult especially in the evenings due to the restrictions and guidelines of the host (I assume due to consideration of the neighbours).
The location is freeway close and a short drive to shopping. If you love Elvis, then you have much to talk about with Cheri who is a rival to be one of his biggest fans.
NB: You need to provide your own paper supplies and amenities that are often given freely by other host and the most meager motels.
Alycia's review is a little misleading on the following statements:
Meeting the host: Guests are made aware in advance in our airbnb listings that all of our 7 rentals in 3 locations in 2 states are SELF CHECK-IN. It would be difficult for one host to be in all locations at once, since we also offer daily rentals! Our self check-in policy gives guests the freedom to arrive any time after 3:00 PM. no matter how late at night (especially adventageous for our European arriving guests.)
Re: The "quite difficult" parking, this property has the advantage of providing unmetered/unrestricted street parking. We simply ask guests to park in front of our property or on our side of the st. in respect for our neighbors since it is a residential (website hidden): Paper supplies, all supplies are provided upon check-in. Since we do not provide daily maid service in order to offer guests privacy & the lowest possible prices ( Alycia booked the lowest priced unit at only $50 night) and often have European guests who book for several months) it is up to guests to replenish their supplies when they run out, since we only charge a one-time $40 cleaning fee for this unit, which includes housekeeping providing new sheets/towels & our providing new supplies for each guest.
I explained to Alycia when I returned to the property during their stay that a 32 yr. long tenant had passed away so I had to rush to the other property & replacing the used roll of toilet paper with a full one may have been overlooked, I offered them one, which they rejected.
The Hawaiian Hut was a great studio. It was very comfortable and clean. Cheri is a great host. The property is convenient to the freeway. I enjoyed relaxing in the morning hot tub and nice cold beer that Cheri offered me. All in all I recommend this place and would return.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT