About This Listing
Comfortable room available in a well-maintained, non-smoking home located next to The Casa Blanca & close to Claiborne and Broad Streets, this revitalized community hosts a second-line jazz parade nearly every Sunday afternoon. Guests can catch a few
The Dantès Suite has a King sized bed & The Dantès Suite 2 has a Queen-sized bed, an oversized reclining chair and plenty of storage for your wardrobe. The calm space connects to a bright sunroom that’s perfect for reading o rejuvenating after a Big Easy excursion. Further, the sunroom's full-size futon can accommodate an extra person in your party.
Choose to watch TV in the cozy living room or DVDs in your restorative quarters. The bathroom features retro décor and a soothing showerhead. Central air conditioning and ceiling fans provide respite on our steamy New Orleans days. Guests are granted full access to a modest kitchen and modern dining
After exploring Jackson Square, visiting the Arts District, listening (email hidden) band on Frenchman or attending a business meeting, relax in a filled with Nawlins hospitality. A two-night minimum stay is preferred and a security deposit is required; all fees will be managed by Airbnb.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Monte Cristo durng your next trip to Nola. Please note:
Arrival and departure times may be negotiable.
Only registered guests will have access to the property.
Rates increase for more than 3 guests.
Rates increase during major events and holidays.
3-night minimum required during major events and holidays.
Bicycles are available for use.
☆ 2014 SECOND LINE SCHEDULE☆
Complete access to home
Public bus transportation is within 3 blocks on the 16 bus ($1.25 or $3.00 for day pass). For faster travel, a car or bicycle is highly recommended. Driveway and street parking are plentiful. Several cafes, restaurants, drug stores, social venues and small parks are located within a 2-mile radius. My home is a short five-minute drive from bustling Magazine and Freret Streets—must-visit locales for unique New Orleans shops and fare. I'm a 7-10min drive from the French Quarter and Bourbon St ($10 cab ride +tip).The streetcar located on St. Charles is(1.3 miles away). Tulane, Loyola, Xavier, Audubon Park and Zoo, City Park, museums and many other notable attractions are only a 10- to 15-minute drive away.
(1) Only registered guests of The onte Cristo will have access to the property.
(2) Smoking and drugs are not allowed. Feel free to step outside to do the former.
(3) Sorry, pets are not permitted inside the property.
(4) Guests must ascend a spiral staircase to enter the residence. It is not advisable for guests with mobility issues to book at The Monte Cristo.
(5) Unruly parties, disorderly conduct and loud music are not permitted.
(6) Guests will be granted full kitchen privileges, i.e. you may store food in the refrigerator, operate the microwave and range, and use cooking supplies, dinnerware, cutlery and the dining area. In this space, cleanliness--washing dishes, clearing crumbs and proper disposal of waste--is expected.
(7) A $25 fee will be deducted from the Guest's deposit for a lost key.
(8) Any physical damage to the property will be reported to Airbnb for remediation.
(9) Daily housekeeping is not included. Please clean-up/pick-up after yourself.
(10) The Monte Cristo is a private residence. The homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises. The homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that the Guest is expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
Jay is a very kind and flexible host. He communicated well with my guests and I throughout our stay. We could contact him at any time of the day and he would answer very quickly. He allowed us to change our checking in and out times as our schedules changed at the last minute with delayed flights and meeting our next hosts.
- The space is large. We comfortably had 6 people stay in the three bedrooms.
- Jay provided tons of bottled water in the fridge.
- Jay gave information on a reliable taxi that he uses.
- The door is a keyless lock with a code for entry which made it very easy for multiple people to enter and exit.
- WIFI and TV were of great quality.
- Quiet family neighborhood about 15min by car to the French Quarter.
- A cab ride is only about $12 to downtown.
- The balcony was a nice touch.
- The beds were comfortable.
- AC unit and fans provided in each room.
THINGS TO NOTE
- It is easier to stay here if you have a car because it is a 10min drive from the main attractions. And the bus takes about 45minutes to an hour.
- There is a driveway but not for guests usage. Only street parking.
- The pictures are pretty accurate but note that this is an older building with modern touches.
- The closet doors were not secure in the largest room. We were afraid each time we moved it that it may break. Same for the medium sized room.
- The rooms are separated by swinging shutter doors. The set closest to the kitchen were missing door knobs which made it a bit difficult to enter and exit. This style of door also allows sound to travel easily. For our family once one person was awake, everyone was because you could hear everything.
- The iron provided leaked water.
- The space could of used additional cleaning prior to coming as there was lots of dust on counters and the floor and old soap stains or calcium deposits in the bathroom and kitchen.
- The bathroom sink was clogged.
Jay was very responsive before our arrival and during our stay. He was there to greet us as soon as we got to his home and even took a few of us to CVS with him to pick up things that we forgot to bring. His home was beautiful, furnished, and just like the pictures! We felt that the neighborhood was safe for us to walk through during the day and come back to at any time of the night. We commuted in and out of the city by taxi which was very manageable.
We cannot wait to return to New Orleans and thank Jay for playing a huge role in providing us a warming and welcoming place to stay :)
Jay was ok to work with, besides having another person from our party have to contact him to receive the keycode, as they were first to arrive due to weather conditions. The house is only a 10 mins drive to french quarter, but nothing in walking distance, besides a rundown neighborhood. Outside of house was ok, but as we entered it was dirty, 2 broken windows, & truely didn't match the pictures. Kitchen & bathroom need alot of attention as pots and pans were not clean, we didn't even stay in and cook, due to uncleanliness. If you are planning on staying here for Mardi Gras, my only tip is don't, stay closer to parade routes or quarter. Overall displeased with the house.
This house is awesome, great location, cool 2nd floor patio, and nice amenities like cable tv, Bluetooth sound bar, and tons of DVD movies. Also there is no key required for house, rather there is keypad code so my friends could come and go as they pleased without hassle of key. Thank you Jay for the southern hospitality! We had a blast!
This host has 335 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jay
!(PLEASE Upload a Visible PICTURE of YourSelf and VERIFY your IDentity before INQUIRING PLEASE)!
Ok, about me I'm a proud born & raised New Orleanian who loves meeting new people, exchanging interesting stories, cheering on the Saints (Who Dat?), and simply having a good time. I believe there is humor in nearly all we do. I'm well traveled,outgoing and friendly really look at my pics lol!I have walked the stairs of the Acropolis in Athens; tasted a grain of sand at the base of the Pyramids on the Gaza Strip; tossed a U.S penny off the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris; and partied all night in Bangkok like a hip-hop mogul with $80. I have gotten lost in Rome; hitchhiked a ride to Vatican City; eaten coca leaves and enjoyed the beer in Bogota; and had jerk chicken and Red Stripe in Montego Bay. I have sailed the canals of Amsterdam; partied in Cancun and rode scooters & snorkled in Cozumel and almost got hustled by a cabbie in San Jose, CR. Lastly, I survived Mardi Gras in Nawlins w/ no hangover...Amazing! As a Airbnb host, I look forward to extending "The Big Easy" experience to my guests. Stay at The Monte Cristo or The Casa Blanca (Located directly next door). Check them out I might just have the space for you.
-Laissez les Bons temps Rouler!
Very good low priced Seafood from boiled to fried.South Broad Street New Orleans LA 70125
Drug StoreSouth Claiborne Avenue New Orleans LA 70125
Wednesday $4 Margaritas all I can say have some Guac while your there.South Miro Street New Orleans LA 70125
If you want to get some Cheap Groceries.South Claiborne Avenue New Orleans LA 70125
Live musicFreret Street New Orleans LA 70115
Good Hot Dogs lots of varietyFreret Street New Orleans LA 70115
Live music, food and BowlingS Carrollton Ave New Orleans LA 70118
Music, food and GamesS Carrollton Ave New Orleans LA 70119
Good Reasonably priced Nola DishesSaint Charles Avenue New Orleans LA 70115
My Favorite! $20 seafood platter that can feed 3 people! Its awesomeCanal Street New Orleans LA 70119
Everything!Iberville Street New Orleans LA 70119-5232
$2 martinis all day Monday and good food tooPrytania St New Orleans LA 70115
Nola Soul Food at its finest!N Derbigny St New Orleans LA 70112
The late Night Breakfast spot So cheap So good!Saint Charles Ave New Orleans LA 70130-5316
Goood BBQ Shrimp and Pizza tooSaint Charles Ave New Orleans LA 70130-4445
$.25 Oysters on the half shell and $7 Char Grilled Oysters for happy hour 7 days a week from 3-8pm! Gotta GeauxSaint Charles Avenue New Orleans LA 70130
Classic, Historic Nola Food. The bread pudding WhoaWashington Avenue New Orleans LA 70130-5798
Classic Nola breakfastSouth Carrollton Avenue New Orleans LA 70118-1008
24hr Bar with cheap drinksMagazine New Orleans LA 70115
$10 all u can eat catfish and other Nola DishesMagazine Street New Orleans LA 70115-2232
Great Breakfast and BrunchMagazine Street New Orleans LA 70115
$2 tacos on tuesdayMagazine Street New Orleans LA 70115-2305
Mexican food with Creole influence I like the Guac prices.Magazine Street New Orleans LA 70130-5018
Food and games = funTchoupitoulas St New Orleans LA 70130
Free Jazz themed burlesque show Every Friday @ Midnight-1:30. Free live Jazz every day tooBourbon Street New Orleans LA 70130
Awesome Sunday Brunch Nola style to live Jazz in the courtyard. $30 per personRoyal Street New Orleans LA 70130
Great Big Tasty Burgers Potato plus alcohol. Try the peanut butter Bacon burger its Goood! The Name alone is a reason to go. Taste better than Port of CallSaint Peter Street New Orleans LA 70116
$10 Tour every Friday and end with you drinking all the Beer you want!Tchoupitoulas Street New Orleans LA 70115
24hr breakfast on Bourbon stBourbon Street New Orleans LA 70116
Beignats ! 24hrsDecatur Street New Orleans LA 70116
Soo Good Get the Earnies PowerHouse Po-Boy!!! Late night eats take outRoyal Street New Orleans LA 70116
burgers and a Drink called The Monsoon!! Epic $10Esplanade Avenue New Orleans LA 70116
Rabbit sausage Jambalaya is Awesome w Fried Chicken! $10 .Decatur Street New Orleans LA 70116
Cheapest Strongest drinks on FrenchmanBurgundy Street New Orleans LA 70116
Tuesday Nights True Nola Jazz show must see and its free if you arrive before 6pmA P Tureaud Avenue New Orleans LA 70119
Clothing optional bathhouse w/ saltwater pool and Jacuzzi food and bar too. A unique Nola experience. Also bottomless mimosas for Sunday BrunchLouisa Street New Orleans LA 70117
Cool outdoor live music atmospherePoland Avenue New Orleans LA 70117-4722