About this listing
This is your private home complete with full kitchen, comfortable living room, large bedroom and bright bathroom.
Many shops and restaurants nearby; you are less than a mile's walk from the 24 hour subway train to Manhattan.
Hi, I'm offering a private (completely yours) one bedroom apartment located in Historic Downtown Jersey City, across the Hudson river from Manhattan.
The apartment is about a 3/4 of a mile to the nearest PATH subway station, which operates 24 hours. A 10-15 minute walk from the front door to the subway stations.
ABOUT THE APT: Situated on the second floor of a 19th century building this one bedroom apartment features hardwood floors, granite counters and exposed brick. It is a complete unit, totally private, nothing shared.
The bedroom is bright with three windows. The room includes a queen sized bed, closet space and empty chest of drawers, DVD player (bring 'em) monitor and a desk. Wifi awaits you.
The living room / kitchen provides a seating area (couch and chair, coffee table). A kitchen table allows you to spread out. Great for sipping coffee and planning your day.
The kitchen offers a gas range, electric coffee maker, a microwave as well as all the needed utensils.
FOOD: Go for it. Whatever you see, you can eat/use. A supermarket and many brunch-y restaurants are minutes away.
LAUNDRY: A laundromat is on the corner. Drop-off service available.
The entire apartment is yours and yours alone. I'll give you keys, show you to the apartment and then you are good to go.
I live in the same building in an apartment downstairs and work in Manhattan. If you have any questions or needs, email, text or call.
Throughout the neighborhood, you'll find splendid architectural relics mixed with '80s glass high-rise towers, pizzerias, old mansions, brick row houses, ice cream shops, tenements, and a selection of small bars and restaurants.
Most people walk to get around our neighborhood and in and out of Manhattan via the subway.
SUBWAY: Our subway system, called the PATH, goes directly to and from Manhattan 24 hours a day. We have a choice of two nearby subway stations at less than a mile away, Newport and Grove St.
WEEKDAY TIMES TO MANHATTAN:
Walking + Subway = about...
22 min to the World Trade Center, Downtown
25 min to Christopher St. in the West Village
33 min to Herald Square Shopping District (and Korea Town; Penn Station)
42 min to Times Square in Midtown
46 min to Central Park
Please refer to GøøgleMåps.cøm/Trånsit for a map and the 24 hour train schedule: I'm near 6th St. and Coles in Jersey City.
TAXI: Cabs are found at the PATH stations. You can also call a cab anytime or book one online or on your phone (UBERx) if you need airport transportation.
BUS: The bus system here (as in New York) is slow and should be avoided at all costs.
DRIVING = 7 Minutes (no traffic) to Tribeca. We are on the NJ side of the Holland Tunnel.
ON-STREET PARKING: Since we are so close to mass transit, street parking is limited to 2 hours 8:AM to 5:PM Monday through Friday and is FREE overnight and weekends. We do have parking garages nearby.
CAR RENTAL: Major car rental agencies are within walking distance: Enterprise, Avis, Budget, Zip Car (hourly rental) and U-Haul (moving vans).
AIRPORT: I recommend the Newark airport (EWR) to save you time and money.
Need a cab to/from any NYC Airport or to outlet mall shopping? Download the UBER app! If you have a smart phone that has a US data plan, UBERx is the cheapest and most reliable wat to go. Sign up in advance online or on your phone. Use promo code: UBERAIRBNB for $10/off your first ride. Select uberX when you need a ride.
No need to tip! This is my favorite means of transportation.
From JFK or LGA, plan on at least a 1.5hr - 2 hr mass transit ride, or spending $120 to take a reserved cab (Carmel or dial7 Car Service online, or UBERx (see above).
From EWR, plan on 1 hr mass transit ride, or spending $30 to take a reserved cab (King Limo or UBERx).
SUBWAY NOTE: Saturday and Sunday PATH subway service in and out of Manhattan is slow due to line construction. The World Trade Center line is closed during these days, however the 33rd st. line is open. Weekdays have regular service. Regular service resumes on Monday through Friday.
DEPOSIT: $250, refunded by AirBNB.
EXTRA GUEST ON AN AIRBED: $100/Night over two people, arranged and paid in advance through AirBnB. This is not encouraged since space is limited.
DEPOSIT: $250, refunded by AirBNB
An entire apartment.
Interaction with Guests
Minimal, I'll be nearby (1st floor) or an email away if you have any questions.
Think 1890's dense city neighborhood. Classic brownstone stoops, ambling fire escapes, Chinese take-out.
PATH subway train baby! 24 hours, clean and easy to navigate. About a 10-15 walk away.
Newark-Liberty International Airport (EWR) airport is mighty close. Cab: 20-30 min drive, 1 hour transit.
Other Things to Note
NON-SMOKER, NON-SMOKING (not even outside): Smokers are not allowed to stay here, even if they promise to smoke outside. If you smoke, even if strictly outdoors, this property is not a good fit. This rule applies to everyone in your group. Thank you.
• Please! No smoking. Anywhere. No smoking inside--and---No smoking outside the building. If you smoke at all, indoors or out, please book a different property. This rule applies to everyone in your group. Your security deposit will be held if smoke is detected.
• No candles or open flame.
• Do NOT flush anything big like paper towels, sanitary napkins, tampons, large clumps of toilet paper etc. down the toilet! This results in a mess. Please just use the trash can under the kitchen sink. You can toss the kitchen trash into the big bins out back.
• Please don't loose the keys. They are the fancy expensive kind. Lost keys = $75 replacement cost for me.
• IF IT BREAKS, PLEASE TELL ME! Things break. Please tell me so I can fix it.
• Keep the place as you found it and be respectful of the property. Accidents happen, please tell me if something occurs (wine stains on the rug. Etc…)
• Keep quiet in the stairwell: Please treat the halls and stairwell as a peaceful monastery.
• No loudness (music, loud talking) after 10:PM. No parties.
• No pets.
• PLEASE DO NOT SCRATCH THE HARDWOOD FLOORS OR STAIN THE NEW RUGS. (Careful with your heavy luggage when you yank it off the luggage rack).
• Check in is generally 3ish, check out is 12ish, but I'm flexible if nobody else had booked the neighboring nights.
• Communication is key, if I can improve your stay in any way, please let me know.