About this listing
Potrero Paradise: Enjoy San Francisco's sunniest neighborhood in this luxurious and charming Mediterranean style retreat atop Potrero Hill. Five (!) patios/decks plus the hot tub all with amazing views. Plentiful parking. Electronic locks too!
This spacious three-story, three-bedroom home and its five patios and balconies feature stunning views of Twin Peaks, Downtown, East Bay, and ATT Park. The house is set away from the street with a gracious front patio/garden and is very quiet.
Don't miss soaking in the outdoor Hot Tub: great views to Twin Peaks, Downtown, and even the top of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is always hot and ready for your enjoyment.
The main (2nd) floor's open floor plan provides a spacious living room, dining area, and gourmet kitchen with everything you might need to serve up a feast.
A separate office/sitting area opens to the sheltered and unique front patio and garden (and can be an additional sleeping area with comfy queen air mattress.)
This floor also offers an additional full bathroom with bathtub and shower.
The French doors in the large Master Bedroom suite open to the garden and hot tub. The large room includes a King Bed, large TV with cable and Apple TV service. After your hot tub enjoy the large two-headed shower in the master bath.
Upstairs (3rd floor) you'll love the two large bedrooms on either side of the large sky-lit bathroom.
The West-facing bedroom features a balcony with fabulous views of Twin Peaks and Downtown. The large bedroom includes queen bed, desk, TV with cable TV, and large closet.
The East-facing bedroom features a queen bed, desk, and closet. Off the bedroom is a large sunny deck with views of Twin Peaks to the west, the East Bay, and AT&T Park. The deck also has a new Weber gas grill and patio furniture for your dining pleasure.
This home is fully furnished and accessorized with Southwestern flair.
Guests have commented on the comfort of the beds and the terrific showers. I take care to ensure that the rooms are fresh and clean - good linens, comfortable pillows, and new towels.
Amenities include gourmet and well-stocked kitchen, and washer and dryer.
Entire home except private closets and garage.
Interaction with Guests
I'm happy to discuss the room set up for your group.
While I will not be present during your stay except to greet you (unless we make other arrangements), I'll be available via phone and email for any questions you might have. I've installed an electronic front door lock for your convenience.
Potrero Hill is not only known for its sun but also easy access to the hot Mission District, AT&T Park, and Downtown - all are walkable and the area is well served by city transit. Sitting between highways 101 and 280 access to the rest of the city and the entire Bay Area is easy.
Ample street parking is plentiful and does not require a permit.
Potrero Hill offers easy access to the hot Mission District, AT&T Park, SoMa, and Downtown - all are walkable and the area is well served by city transit. 85 Walk Score! Sitting between highways 101 and 280 access to the rest of the city and the entire Bay Area is easy. Lyft and Uberx provide easy accessible taxi-like service. BART can be access by foot or by bus.
Plentiful parking outside the home (no permit required).
I'll send you my custom GoGoBot guidebook (works on smartphones too), links to nearby transit routes, as well as promo codes for discounted rides on Uber, Flywheel, and Lyft (only good for new users of the service).
Other Things to Note
Note pic of Steve McQueen parked in front of the house while filming Bullit in 1967.
I hope you enjoy my home as you would enjoy the home of your friends or family.
Here are a few specific rules:
Absolutely no smoking except outside, and please pick up after (even on sidewalks)
Absolutely no pets.
No Party or Loud Noise (neighbors can hear) after 10pm.
No Events without prior and explicit permission including additional fees.
Guests with children or health conditions must be careful with use of hot tub and decks.
Off Limit Areas:
Office/Front Room desk and closet (but you can enjoy the sitting area)
Downstairs storage areas
Bikes and any other outdoor recreation equipment
About the Host, Fran
I'm a Bay Area Internet Entrepreneur and marketer serving as board advisor to a range of small companies I enjoy meeting new entrepreneurs and business people as well as tourists and work hard to be sure everyone has a positive experience in my home.
My two homes are both in cities named by the Spanish for Saint Francis of Assisi: San Francisco and Santa Fe (Santa Fe's full name is La Villa Real de la Santa Fé de San Francisco de Asís (“The Royal Town of the Holy Faith of St. Francis of Assisi”).
My primary home is in Potrero Hill in San Francisco. I love the home's gardens and fantastic views which you can see from five different patios or decks. My guests enjoy the combination of luxury and elegance with comfortable charm.
My second home, primarily a vacation home, is in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where I grew up. This home is truly "Santa Fe Style" with vigas (ceiling beams), Kiva fireplace, wood floors and thick adobe walls. The setting is spectacular in the heart of old Santa Fe with easy access to the museums, art, hiking trails, and plaza.
As you can see from my reviews, many first-time Airbnb guests have enjoyed my home. If you are new to Airbnb (or not) and want to book one of my listings, please consider these 'pro tips' gleaned from my airbnb experiences...both, as a host and as a guest:
1) Be Verified and have a nice, clear photo of your face on your profile *before* sending a note/booking request to a host (trust and transparency are keys to success here). As a woman it is especially important that I know who is staying at my home
2) Read the Airbnb FAQs thoroughly! Hosts with popular listings are busy people and we appreciate it when prospective guests ask questions unique to their travel situation and/or the listing in question.
3) PLEASE thoroughly read through my listing(s). I assure you that your questions about parking, public transportation, check in/out, etc. have been included in the listing(s)
4) Tell me about yourself. Since you may have few/no reviews, hosts like me must make a guess as to what sort of guest(s) you might be (and some hosts won't even consider people new to Airbnb). In the absence of a review, you might consider the following to ensure I (other hosts) will feel comfortable approving your request:
• in your initial note, it is appreciated when you include what your plans are during your stay (sightseeing, attending a conference, partying at clubs, etc)
• include assuring comments about how you will treat my home (i.e. "I will treat your home with the same respect I treat mine")
• let me know you've read the house rules, and that they are agreeable to you (this is a must, please)
5) Finally...I, like other busy hosts, keep my calendar up to date! So, if Airbnb is showing either of my listings as available for your dates - the place is available! If my listing suits your needs, it is best to send the booking request right off. If you hesitate, the other person looking at my place for your dates will get it!
Hope this is helpful. Welcome to my home.