About this listing
This is a VERY large bedroom - boasting queen sized bed, large couch, club chair, deco dresser, 8' tall oak mantle, wall length closet, access to garden, own bathroom
Owner is present at the historic shotgun home. You have total privacy at your end of the house. French doors can be closed from room to room. Shared 30' kitchen with beamed ceiling and 3 sets of breathtaking, artist-commissioned stained glass windows (created in 1980 specifically for the house).
All the help you need, in terms of music or restaurant suggestions. OR no intervention at all, if that is your preference...
WIFI, washer/dryer, microwave, quality linens, towels and toiletries provided (dryer currently dead) I take to local laundry for you to use dryer (those industrial ones take 10 minutes...I am now addicted to the speedy wait time :)
Wonderful venues: Elizabeth's just 2 blocks down the street on same block (Zagat rated, famous for it's brunch menu, but lunches and dinners are packed with devotees as well), Bachannal for gourmet, yet casual, dinner choices. Live music out in their garden 7 nights a week; top trumpeter Kermit Ruffins plays and packs the house at Vaughn's every Thurs. night. The rice and red beans come out around midnight. Funky Satsuma coffee house just steps away. Healthy salads, sandwiches, juices and of course COFFEE! Mimi's In The Marigny always voted one of Gambit's "Top Neighborhood Bars". Frenchman Street, with it's endless selection of music venues (many with no cover charge) is just a 2 minute cab ride. Check out the MAP to see just how VERY CLOSE this address is to the French Quarter.
your own large bathroom, the entire kitchen (though I don't expect anyone to bake!) Space made for you in the frig and of course stovetop use is fine.
Entire back garden is accessible through your back door
Interaction with guests
It is obvious once you arrive whether you want to engage me for information about the neighborhood and city. You can be as alone as you like. Doors close off your space for total privacy. I am frequently in the kitchen because it is massive and that's where my desk is located (one half of a 30' kitchen is sort of a den area).
Funky creative types (sorta like Williamsburg, Brooklyn) many great new restaurants have opened in the past few years. All are within 3 blocks of the house! Elizabeth's, Satsuma, Maurepas, Booty's, The Joint (BBQ), Bachannal (a bit further away, but worth the walk)
Easy to walk to the French Quarter. Cabs come in five minutes after calling. Only about $7.00 to the Quarter. Buses run during the day ($1.25) get you into the Quarter in 5 minutes
No smoking. No pets. Yes there is WIFI so bring your OWN laptop. Please Print out your boarding passes BEFORE arrival or do it at airport. Heavy partying reserved for French Quarter. Looking to host mature and respectful adults. Not boring...just considerate Please don't leave leftover and/or open food in the bedroom. No major cooking to be done. Just light cooking (stovetop) ***No one brought back to house who is not one of the AIRbnb renters.
1. Smoking OK OUTSIDE
2. Extra guests are not welcome. Anyone other than the Guest booking, may not be admitted to the property at any time without the express permission of the Homeowner and may not stay overnight on the property.
3. The Property is a private residence; the Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that the Guest is expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Nothing wet (glasses, towels) to be set on wood directly
5. Only use appliances for their intended purposes.
6. Check-in after 3pm & Check-out by 11 am. Flexibility on check-in times available per request. Arrival and departure times should be sent via email at your earliest convenience after booking accommodation.
Born and raised in New York. Been a New Orleanean for over a decade (but have been coming down since mid 80s) Photographer and Vacation Property Manager. Doing my best to keep guests comfortable, in the loop regarding cool events which may be happening while you are in town, best places to eat, "not to miss" local musicians, quick to reply to ANY questions. It's all about making your visit to New Orleans a wonderful and memorable one! I have being doing this for over 7 years and my reviews are a testament to my professionalism.