Converted granary cabin in the heart of the Driftless region of Southwest Wisconsin. If you want to get away and be in nature, this area is it.
Set back on the property the cabin is on 80 acres of valley and ridge, fields and forest.
We are located in a very rural area. If you love nature then this is a great fit for you. If you like a clear night sky full of stars sitting around a campfire, waking up to a cacophony of birds singing, coyotes howling and owls hooting in the night, and a incredible diaspora of flora, fauna, and wildlife then you will love it here. If a spider in your cabin makes you squeamish, or rustic is not your thing then this might not be the right fit.
Cabin and Farm amenities include:
- 1 large bedroom with 1 Queen Casper Bed (super comfy), a full futon bed and a single bed
- bathroom with clawfoot tub
- Kitchen w/ two burner hot pad and toaster oven, small fridge, electric tea kettle, french press, and basic kitchen supplies (pots, pans, plates, cups, silverware, etc)
- camp fire pit
- high speed internet
- Outdoor seating areas
- Hiking trails on property
The cabin is located next to the owners farm house so it's not secluded. We hope that is more a benefit for you as we are respectful of guests privacy, can give advice on where to go and what to do.
Area attractions include:
- bird watching (it's the Mississippi flyway)
- Great biking
- Fly fishing is some of the best in the nation. There is a fly fishing shop in Viroqua that can provide with tips and a guide if needed.
- Swimming hole
- Canoe the Kickapoo or Wisconsin River
- Hike, Bike or Cross country ski the 8,000 acre Kickapoo Valley Reserve
- Bike the Sparta rails to trail path
- Great antiquing
- Tour the Mississippi river (about 25 minutes away)
- House on the Rock
- Visit the plethora of organic farms in the area
- Shop farmers markets
- and so much more.....
Once you book we'll send you a small guide of the area to help you plan your stay!
Located a little over 4 hours from Chicago, 3.5 hours from the Twin Cities, and about 1.5 hours from Madison the area is Eden. Read more about it (website hidden).
No pets please. We have pets and livestock so our no pet policy is strict. Thanks!!
- Hiking on our 80 acres
- Grill and picnic table
- Fire pit
Interaction with guests
You can knock on our door if you need anything. We are around but make sure to give you as much privacy as you want.
Other things to note
Children under 1 do not count as an extra person.
We love to have guests and hope you will enjoy your stay. We ask that you treat the land gently and respect it as we do. This includes not littering and being very careful with campfires. Always have the hose on hand when having a campfire and always put it out before leaving it. If it is a windy day please no fires. Smoking allowed outdoors.
No guns, hunting, or fireworks on the property.
This host has 158 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Annie enjoys ceramics, playing music, and creating inviting spaces. Tommy enjoys working with wood and hosting his radio show The Red Hot Record Jamboree Friday nights on our local radio station WDRT.