About this listing
Our 2 beautifully restored, heritage listed Assistant Lighthouse Keepers' cottages offer architectural excellence in unspoilt natural beauty ... with sweeping vistas along pristine coastline, walking tracks and the amazing night time Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse!
Retreat to the seclusion of an historic Assistant Lighthouse Keeper's cottage at Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse.
Holiday by the beach in charming Seal Rocks within Myall Lakes National Park, on the Mid North Coast of NSW.
Discover nature trails, swimming, surfing, snorkelling, diving ... all in pristine waters and unspoilt environment. Experience cultural heritage or a romantic getaway.
The Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse precinct offers self-contained heritage cottages nestled on the hill below the lightstation.
Built in 1875, our 2 Assistant Keepers' cottages offer newly restored and beautifully appointed old world charm. Both Assistant Keepers' cottages, have 2 bedrooms and sleep up to 4 comfortably (6 maximum).
Both cottages have modern conveniences including flat screen TV, DVD, electric heating, a fully equipped kitchen and laundry. Your cottage will be prepared with bed and bath linen for your stay.
Both cottages have an abundance of outdoor space with private BBQ facilities.
We accept …
•3 night weekend stays (from 2.00 pm Friday to 10.00 am Monday)
•Min 2 midweek night stays (either Monday and Tuesday, or Wednesday and Thursday)
Both cottages are completely self contained, including fully equipped kitchen and bathroom ... your cottage is prepared with bed and bath linen for your arrival.
The cottages lie within Myall Lakes National Park. Day visitors enjoy walking past the cottages to the lighthouse. However ... when the Park is closed between sunset and sunrise ... the wonder of a working lighthouse is yours to privately behold.
Interaction with guests
Our onsite office is open 7 days for guests' convenience. At night our caretaker is available for emergencies.
We respect our guests' privacy ... however, many like to pop into the office for a chat.
Seal Rocks is a sleepy unspoilt fishing village set in Myall Lakes National Parks.
Guests are attracted to Sugarloaf's natural beauty, pristine long beaches, rocky coves ... they swim, dive, snorkel, fish, surf, beach comb, discover hidden rock pools and outstanding views to the horizon.
Access is by road (the final 2 klms of are currently being sealed).
Guests' vehicles are garaged within the lighthouse area, a short distance from the cottages.
Williamtown Airport (Newcastle) is 1.5 hours to the south where vehicle hire is available.
The lighthouse cottages are heritage listed and nestled in a unique, pristine environment.
Our office is onsite. We encourage quiet enjoyment of the site and refer guests to our terms and conditions upon booking.
1. A signed Security Bond Form/Guest Register form is required prior to your arrival. Management reserves the right to make a claim on the security bond to recover any costs incurred due to guests' failure to comply with terms and conditions. This form can be downloaded from the footer of our website,
2. Upon our receipt of the signed Security Bond/Guest Register form, an access code will be issued, authorising and allowing entrance through the lighthouse gate.
3. Cancellation - moneys may be refunded, subject to a $50 admin fee, only when the cottage is relet for an equal number of days/dollar value.
4. Your cottage will be available from 2.00 pm on the day of arrival, departure is by 10.00 am.
5. Functions, parties and unauthorised guests are strictly prohibited.
6. Vehicle parking space is limited. Please be in contact should you wish to bring more than 2 vehicles.
7. The cottages are within a National Park and domestic pets are not permitted.
8. No smoking is permitted in any of the cottages.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
We three owner managers opened our doors in July 2008 and were thrilled to receive the National Tourism Industry's Best New Tourism Development in Australia. We delight in meeting new guests ... who are attracted to staying in a lighthouse keeper's cottage, nestled in a National Park, beneath a working lighthouse! Peace and natural beauty abound!
As custodians, we respect, protect and conserve the historic site of Sugarloaf Point.
We value your enjoyment of local flora and fauna and encourage minimal impact on the natural environment.
Our office is open daily and an onsite caretaker ensures the protection of the site.