About this listing
Stay with us in our traditional home, enjoy free home-brewed beer, and FREE portable Wi-Fi to use around the city. Close to tourist areas. Certified Hanok Home Stay.
Please read our entire description and send us a message before booking
**Read here before sending an inquiry**
**Please send an inquiry before booking**
**Please update your profile with a photo and some basic information about yourself. We are NOT a guesthouse, we are inviting you into our personal home and we want to know who you are!*
** Available Year-Round -- Stay in our traditional floor sleeping (ondol) room, max 2 beds-4 people, price as listed**
** Available April- October -- Stay in our main bedroom with a double bed (not a queen), plus floor bed if necessary for more than 2 people. max 4 people., base price + $10USD/ night**
** Other Options (ask about availability)**
** Rent the entire house for up to 4 people- $120/ night. $10/night extra per additional guests (6-7 guests max). One double bed, up to 3 floor mattress for other guests. **
**Pyeongchang Olympics Special!** Rent the whole house (6-7pax max) $220USD/ night + $10 USD per additional person. (Feb. 4-28, 2018 only)
We are 2 stations away from Cheongnangni station, where you will be able to catch the high speed rail to Pyeongchang.
We welcome you to stay in our home in Sinseol-dong, Seoul. Our house is approximately 100 years old and is built in the traditional Hanok style. We are a registered Hanok home stay certified by the local government. Our house is not in a tourist district, but in a typical, traditional neighborhood in Seoul. Our house is for travelers who want to experience everyday life in Seoul with a more traditional flavor. Nowadays many of these homes have been torn down to make way for huge apartment complexes and mega-marts. Now you have a chance to experience a piece of history before it disappears forever.
We have a kitchen with many modern amenities such as an oven and a water purifier. In the living room, we have TV with cable and many movie download options, plus a huge Korean movie collection, all with English subtitles. Outside we have an open air courtyard where you can enjoy your meals or a beer after a long day of sightseeing.
We are located in Sinseol-dong, just 3 minutes from Sinseol-dong station which is on line 1 and an extension to line 2. Many buses, including the airport bus, also pass by our house. We are very convenient to reach from the airport by airport bus or by subway for those on a budget.
Sinseol-dong is located in a convenient location to reach many tourist attractions such as the Jongno district (5-10 mins by bus/subway), local flea markets (5-10 mins walking), traditional herbal markets (15 mins walking), shopping in Dongdaemun (20 mins walking/5 mins subway) and the Chonggyechon stream (10 mins walking). Plus there are many typical Korean restaurants and bars around our house if you're looking for a bite to eat.
About us: Sanghyun is a Korean and Jo-Anna is an American. Around the house we speak a mix of English and Korean, but we're both fluent in Korean and Jo-Anna is also fluent in Spanish, and Sanghyun is proficient in Chinese (we really love languages) Whenever you are around for meal times, we welcome you to join us for a meal. We've been hosting on Airbnb since 2010 in our old home and we're excited to offer our hanok home on Airbnb and meet some more great guests! Also, Sanghyun makes Korean style rice wine, and beer at home. Don't miss the chance to try his home-made wine and beer!!!
Feel free to pack light!
~ Free portable wi-fi device
~Free local calls
~Use of kitchen and washing machine
~ Free Tea and Coffee
Interaction with guests
We interact as much as you want and as much as we have time for. We are not a hotel, you are guests in our own personal home. When we are home for dinner, we invite you to join us. When we are relaxing and having a beer, we also hope you join us.
1) Treat our house with respect.
2) Keep food well wrapped to prevent ants/insects.
3) Keep voices down in the small alleyway and courtyard especially at night/early morning to respect our neighbors.
4) Turn off the hot water button after showering.
5) You can use the house phone for local calls, free of charge.
6) Please take off your shoes in the house.
7) Please wash dishes you used.
8) Separate recycling from regular trash, and put food trash in the food waste bag or in the sink. No food waste in other waste bins as it attracts insects.
9) Please be tidy and if you make a mess, please clean it up. We don't charge a cleaning fee.
10) As you do your shopping, please do your best to minimize the number of bags you collect. Each guest that comes leaves us with heaps of plastic shopping bags. Every bag you don't take is one less bag that will fill the Earth (and our ever growing bag collection!)
11) Please smoke outside in the courtyard and keep ashes in an ashtray (please ask us for one).
12) Turn off the A/C when you leave the house and turn down the heat before going out if you turned it up high.
13) You can play with our cat Nabi. He loves stings and balls of paper or plastic.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 40 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, Nice to meet you! We are Sanghyun and Jo-Anna.
American/Korean couple living near downtown Seoul.
Our hobbies are:
When guests stay with us, we don't want you to feel like you are staying at a hotel or professional guesthouse, but at a good friend's house. We only host one group at a time and we try our best to get to know our guests, have dinner or a beer together. Airbnb is not our full time job, just a hobby for us because we like to meet people from all over the world!