About this listing
I have been hosting guests in my spacious home on Airbnb for over three years. Over 350 reviews - 98% 4 stars and over (75% 5 stars). Four guest rooms spread out over 2000 sq. ft. One guest described my home as an international hostel for grown-ups.
The house is located on Euclid Avenue - the downtown edge of the Trinity Bellwoods neighbourhood - a lushly treed area that is a brief walk from the centre of the city. No need to have a car here.
The house is one of the older homes on the street - originally a store in the middle of a residential block. Built on the orchard lands of the old Gorevale estate, it is now situated right in the middle of the most popular and hip neighbourhoods of Toronto: West Queen Street West, Little Italy, Ossington, Kensington Market, Chinatown and Dundas to name a few.
The room is on the first floor where my son and I live. It is large, by Toronto standards, with a curved wall; a comfortable double bed; plush red chairs to sink into; and a desk. It is filled with artifacts from the changing neighbourhood and our lives. It is definitely not bland.
There is a guest spa washroom upstairs. There is also a guest living room, dining area, kitchen, and deck on the second floor. I also use those areas. The kitchen is fully equipped.
Public transit is only steps away, but you will be able to walk to most places. It would take you months to try all the restaurants which are a short walk away. There is internet access. Air conditioning when needed. We tend to be fairly quiet.
My son and I live downstairs and we are not partiers. We are looking for mutual respect. The rules are being developed as experience proves the need for them. Please excuse me for stating things which should be common sense.
* The first floor is fragrance free because I am allergic.
* Please keep your belongings in your room including your bathroom toiletries.
* Shoes at the front door.
* The bathroom is predominately used by yourself and other guests. If you need the bathroom at specific times - i.e. early morning so you can be off to work - please tell me so I can inform the other guests.
* There are hooks in your room for your towel. Please use them and try not to use too many towels.
* We try to be quiet after 10:00 pm to allow people to sleep.
* The third floor is off limits.
* No pets.
* No outside guests in the house after 10:00 pm. Outside guests are only allowed on the second floor and front hallway. Please keep me informed about who might be visiting you.
* People who are not registered as guests are not allowed to stay overnight unless it is discussed with me. Noncompliance with this rule will result in additional charges and possibly the termination of your stay.
* Do not bring people to the house to engage in sex. It is not comfortable for me or the other guests and will result in the termination of your stay.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 346 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My teenage son and I live in downtown Toronto in a state of frugal luxury. I walk almost everywhere. He draws, works on the computer, wonders about ethics, and makes dry, wry comments when the mood hits him. He, and others, think that I am eccentric. To pin it down more distinctly, he describes it as me being very European. Luckily, he yearns to live in Europe. I am an autodidact, read a fair amount, and think copiously. My sense of humour seems to be in the ear of the beholder. Some people think that I am outrageously funny and start laughing before I even open my mouth. Others believe that I am the most serious person they meet. Frequently this split of opinion can happen within the same room.
Of course, we are kind... and helpful... and sincere... and everything else a heart and someone looking for a place to stay could desire. We are not partiers. Nor do we smoke or drink excessively.