Welcome to my lovely house in Humlebæk which is 35 km North of Copenhagen. I rent out two bedrooms on the house with 140 cm wide beds. There is a lovely garden connected to the house with a small forrest nearby where you can go for a walk and enjoy the quite atmosphere and the Danish summer.
I will make breakfast for you for a price of DKR 50 / US$ 8.5 / € 7.
Humblebæk has a lot to offer. You can go to the famous art museum Louisiana nearby.
Nearby you will also find (website hidden) which is an organic farm that delivers food boxes to aware families all over Denmark and could be compared to the English River Cottage concept from tv.
The house is only 200 meters from the sea and there is free parking.
10 km to Helsingør, from where you can go to Sweden.
The house is also close to the train station, only five minutes away.
• Next to the station is a shopping center, where you can get most of the things you want.
• There is also a shopping center in Espergærde, next to the station
• Helsingør is a great place for shopping with a covered center and shoppings streets outside too.
• Humlebæk has a biodynamic farm, only 10 minutes walk from here: (website hidden) You should go there just for the nice walk and the little forest. This week they have biodynamic strawberries for 15 kr/½kg.
• Humlebæk has a cinema, but maybe the language will be a problem.
• There is a good, but expensive, bakery close to the station and in the Humlebækcenter. (two bakeries)
• There is a nice café in Espergærde called Divino. (website hidden)
• If you want Pizza there is a place near the station called La strada: (website hidden)
• There is also a good Italian restaurant in Helsingør called Caio Caio: (website hidden)
• You can eat in Louisiana. They have a nice buffet. It is however a little expensive. But you should certainly go one day to Louisiana. They have a whole floor with children activities. Louisiana is open till 22 Tuesday to Friday. The children room closes at 18. Children get in for free.
• There is a Mac Donald in Helsingør. But not close to public transport.
• In Helsingør you will find several small cafees. I like Miss Coffe (website hidden)
• Other cafes: (website hidden)
The house is full of elegant furnishings and the garden is so beautiful. The sea and forest close by the house make the place a paradise. Susan was very generous about us using the kitchen and other facilities of the house, she is not only a kind host, but also a lady with refined tastes in art, she recommended us the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, which we enjoyed very much. We are glad that we stayed here!
Lovely house and garden close to both Louisiana and the beach. Susan is very forthcoming and generous.
Wonderful b&b ten out of ten for the hospitality from Susan. Wonderful house on a besutiful spot. Don't Miss Louisiana, We stayed only two nights, but one of the highlights of out holydays.
Wir hatten zu viert zwei Nächte in Susans Haus übernachtet. Einen ganzen Tag lang waren wir im Louisiana Museum, das zu Fuß schnell erreichbar war. Susan hatte unsere Betten bezogen, fürs Frühstück eingekauft, es fehlte an nichts. Sie selber trafen wir erst kurz vor der Abreise, sie hatte uns das ganze Haus überlassen. Danke Susan, Du bist eine großartige Gastgeberin, und wir kommen gerne wieder!
Staying at Susan's was the highlight of my extended weekend in Copenhagen area! She was able to accommodate my friend and I with less than 12 hour's notice and made my first Air BnB experience absolutely lovely and seemless. From her magical garden, we had a lovely view of the ocean while snacking on delicious bread and smoked mackerel from the bakery and market downtown. Her house was a pleasant 15-20 minute walk from Louisiana. I highly recommend this little piece of paradise to round out a fantastic trip to a gem of a museum!! Another added bonus: she gave us a lift to the train station upon departure.
This house definitely lives up to the photos of the listing. Our host was a warm and very helpful! The location was convenient for walking to the beach and the Louisiana Museum. A really good place to stay for a holiday in Humlebæk!
I couldn't choose better! The location near to Luisiana, train/bus station, food shops and the nature (sea, woods) was perfect. Very easy to get there with public transport + I was offered a lift from the train station by my host! Rooms where well prepared and everything needed was there. We could use the whole house, well equipped kitchen, TV set with all videos/blue rays, which is very comfortable. We had our own toilet room to use. There where bikes to use as well, I didn't need it although. Susan took care of me and my daughter in a friendly and easy going manner. She was very helpful guiding me about places to see, searching for timetables for busses etc. She offered toys and books for my 5 years old daughter and left her with a small souvenir. We had a lovely time. Highly recommend this place.
It could not be better! A wonderful host Susan who made the stay in Humlebæck and the art center Louisiana to a great memory. Susan is a warm, generous and caretaking host whom the home for me and her other guests. We hade some marvelous evenings. And then the area of the house, a nice garden, a couple of 100 meters to the water and a morning swim. I can just say: thank you Susan. It was very nice. You will no regret a stay at Babylone vej!
Susan's home is really lovely, not to mention to her flourishing garden (she can even grow excellent grapes) and she is the perfect host: friendly, helpful but also respectful of guest's privacy.
Also the Humlebæk area is a surprise: you are in a kind of "danish riviera", with sandy beaches, crystal water, ideal for families, but uncrowded and well preserved.
The Louisiana Museum is worth a visit in itself, but you are also 40 min. by train from Copenhagen Central Station, 60 from Kastrup Airport and 15 from the ferries to and from Sweden.
Es ist ein wunderschönes Haus in wunderschöner (website hidden) war alles perfekt. Für Kinder ideal!