Well it is alright to be "Itty Bitty"
Little Beach Cottage in a former Fishing City
Might as well share, might as well SMILE
Life goes on for Itty Bitty While!
As the song by Alan Jackson states:
It’s alright to be Little Bitty! His song is intented to remind us that some of life's greatest joys are found in the simplicity and small things of life. This is true of our Itty Bitty cottage, especially since she is nestled in a neighborhood of upscale expensive homes and only a short walking distance ( approximately 2 blocks) to one of the most BEAUTIFUL beaches in the world! “Itty Bitty”, is named for her size! She is a TINY Cottage decorated in bright chabby chic decor. She has one bedroom (queen size bed), one bath with step in shower, completely furnished small kitchen with all appliances and a quaint/cozy den with a smal CHILD size futon. (cottage is approximately 500 sq ft.)
We provide a few personal touches to make your stay at Itty Bitty more convenient and fun: We have Free Wifi , 2 beach chairs, beach umberella, rolling cooler (or a small insulated hand held bag cooler located in kitchen cabinet), VHS/DVD movie library, table games, books, small bbq grill/ Big Green Egg Grill and outside swing and dining table.
MOST IMPORTANT IS OUR LOCATION!!! It is an Itty Bitty EASY walk over to our gated beach access. Once you are there, you can relax and enjoy the AMAZING BEAUTY of our white power sand beaches and crystal clear blue water.
In addition to our beautiful beaches ,you can find GREAT fresh seafood, plus an ocean view, at a few restaurants within walking distance of the cottage. (Pompano Joe's and Whales Tail). Other favorites within walking distance include: Cabana Cafe ,Emerald Coast Wine Cellars and Bad Ass coffee.
If you are looking for GOLF ~ Seascape Golf Course is our next door neighbor. Shopping? Got it covered!! Silver Sands Factory Outlet is less than 2 miles. Destin Commons and Baytown Wharf are also close by as is Grand bld. Upscale Shops. Fishing? Hey ~ Destin is not called the "Luckest Fishing Village in the World", for no reason!
"Are you having an affair?" Hold on ~ WAIT, that came out wrong! What I meant was "Are you celebrating a special occasion?" If so, we can help you surprise your special someone if needed.
Regardless of what brings you to ITTY BITTY, we take pride in assisting our guests to have a "GRAND OCCASION " while visiting the Emerald Coast!
* Flight/ Airport information is listed at the very end of this description.
If you haven't been to Destin and/or Sandestin, Fla., here are a few reasons to consider a trip:
1. The stay -- There are so many places to stay, but if your are looking for a cozy quaint cottage, at affordable rates then ITTY BITTY is where you need to book!!!!
2. The golf -- If you love golf or just want to practice your swing, Destin is the perfect place. There are plenty of courses to choose from, including Seascape, Indian Bayou, Regatta Bay, Kelly Plantation, The Raven, Burnt Pine, Baytowne and The Links. (And there's a good chance 2012 Masters champ Bubba Watson has played at some of these courses, since he grew up only an hour away.)
3. The nightlife -- If you like to party, there are plenty of spots to dance and drink. For dancing, head to AJ's, Ocean club, or Nightown. If you just want to hang out, head over to Boathouse,McGuire's or Fudpucker's. And there are so many more to choose from -- you can always find somewhere open late at night.
4. The festivals -- More than likely, no matter what time of year you visit, there will be some sort of festival occurring while you're here. The most popular are the Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival, the Destin Seafood Festival, Beer Festival, Songwriters Festival and annual Wine Festival. While not in Destin, it's only a 20-minute drive to the Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival in Niceville.
5. The fishing -- Destin takes pride in being the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village." When you come, take advantage of one of the many charter trips available. You also can rent a boat or just fish from the pier. But don't forget your fishing license and learn the laws, because you will be stopped on your way back to shore!
6. The scenic drives -- If you enjoy drooling over houses you can't afford or just love architecture and beautiful scenery, take a drive along Scenic Gulf Drive (locals call it Old 98) or go a few miles east of Sandestin to Scenic Highway 30A, where you'll drive through quaint little beach towns like Rosemary Beach, Grayton Beach, Alys Beach and Seaside (where The Truman Show was filmed).
7. The island* -- Surprise ~ Crab Island isn't really an island. It is more of a sandbar where parties take place daily between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Just pull up your boat, pontoon or kayak, anchor it and let the fun begin. There are usually concession boats floating around and even blow-up slides for young and old alike.
8. The food -- Fresh seafood is what will be served during your stay. For breakfast, try The Donut Hole (two locations) or Another Broken Egg Cafe. For lunch, go sit on docks at Dewys of Destin (the orginal location off of Calhoun Ave), The Back Porch or enjoy the view at Whales Tale, Pomonoos Joe or The Crab Trap. If you enjoy fine dining try, Marina Cafe, Ocean club, Pandoras, Seagar's Prime Steaks and Seafood or dozens of others.
9. The shopping -- Along with a wealth of restaurants, there are numerous shopping spots in the beach town. Destin Commons boasts more than 60 shops and eateries within the shopping center, which includes a RAVE theater and a children's splash park. There are more than 100 stores at Silver Sands Factory Stores, and Grand Boulevard is still growing with more than 35 high-end stores to choose from. There also are lots of boutique shops up and down Highway 98 and Scenic Hwy 30A.
10. The beach -- They don't call it the Emerald Coast for nothin'! The sand is white, the water is aqua and the sun is bright. Beach access is available from most any point along Scenic Gulf Drive and several spots on Highway 98. Even if you don't do anything else but relax on the beach, you'll have had an awesome time in Destin.
* When locals refer to "The Island," they mean Okaloosa Island, which is a destination all its own. For the purposes of this list, however, I wanted to mention Crab Island
• INTERNET AND CABLE: Internet and Cox Cable TV services are provided. Wireless code and TV Station listings are located on the TV table.
• Kitchen Features: Refrigerator with Ice Maker, Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Garbage Disposal, Crock pot, Electric Can Opener, Small hand held Mixer, Cooking pots/pans, Dishes, Utensils, Wine glasses and Wine opener etc..
• NO SMOKING inside the cottage. If you smoke outside, please be responsible and dispose of your butts in provided butt container.
• No inside pets. Pets are welcome if they are pre-approved by the Host and guest aggree that pets must stay outside in a kennel that they provide. Pets are required to be on a leash at all times when outside their kennels.
• PARKING: Parking space is limited. Two vehicles can park in front of the cottage. Please do NOT go pass the white chain area. We are attempting to grow grass in that area.
• NOISE: Because the cottage is located in a neighborhood, we ask that you be considerate of our older neighbors and keep noise to a moderate level.
• TRASH: Trash pick up days: Mon. /Thurs. 6:30 am. You need to take trash containers to the street the night before pickup days. PLEASE take all trash out to the street as you check out. Often times, the cleaning team can not get to the cottage the same day and TRASH can really smell up Itty Bitty in a hurry!
• OPENING COTTAGE: If you are arriving after dark, take a flash light to see to enter in the keykess front door code. Turn the A/C to the AUTO position. (If you put it “ON “it will run continuously.) The thermostat is on the wall across from the refrigerator. To conserve on our utilities, we ask that you keep the A/C unit on 74 and turn it up to 89 when you leave or in winter please keep it around 65 and turn it down as low as it will go when you leave.
• Vacuum cleaner is in bedroom closest. Cleaning supplies and detergent should be available for your use as well. Please be kind and replace what you use so it will be stocked for the next guest.
• ADDITIONAL ITEMS: We have small table size ironing board and a nice steam iron (but who wants to iron on vacation?) We also provide a rolling cooler, 2 beach chairs and a sun umberella for your fun in the sand and sun.
• Sorry the cottage does not have a washer/dryer. The nearest laundry mat is behind Walmart located at 4010 Commons Dr. Destin.
• Beach Access: We have deeded beach access. There is no parking close to beach access. It is best to walk over or drive, unload and take your car back to the cottage to park. It is IMPORTANT that you go to the correct Beach Access so that the code will work. Directions to our beach access: Take a left when leaving the cottage. Turn left on Hollywood and left Hwy 98. You will see the pedestrian cross over . Once you cross over Hwy. 98 the beach entrance will be a little to your right. (You will see a small coral color gazebo leading to the beach) The beach access code is listed in the guest book at Itty Bitty. Beach access parking is also available a short drive down Scenic 98 at the Whales Tail Restaurant. NOTE: No glass is allow on the beach! Beach Partrol will write you a ticket if they catch you! We have plastic Wine Glasses and Huggies for your can beverages.
One last note: We recommend The Beachcomber app to find out about local happenings, music and events. Also the Destin Log twice a week paper. ( Sat. and Wednesday)
*****Flying To itty Bitty?
We have one airport in Destin that is close but small! Destin Airport is located at 1001 Airport Rd, Destin - (phone number hidden). approx 7 miles
**Northwest Florida Regional Airport - Valparaiso, FL (VPS / KVPS) approximately 22 miles from Itty Bitty. (phone number hidden)
Air Service: American Eagle, Continental Airlines, Delta, Northwest Airlines, US Airways
Car Rentals: Alamo, AVIS, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Thrifty
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport - Panama City Beach, FL (ECP / KECP) approximately 45 miles
(phone number hidden) (website hidden)
Air Service: Delta Airlines and Southwest
Car Rentals: Alamo, AVIS, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National
Pensacola Gulf Coast Regional Airport - Pensacola, FL (PNS / KPNS) approximately 62 miles
(phone number hidden) (website hidden)
Air Service: AirTran, American Eagle/American Airlines, Continental, Continental Express, Continental Connection, Delta/Delta Connections, Northwest Airlines, US Airways/US Airways Express, United
Car Rentals: Alamo, AVIS, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Thrifty
General Aviation Airports
Destin: (phone number hidden)
DeFuniak Springs: (phone number hidden)
Crestview: (phone number hidden)
Panama City: (phone number hidden) or (phone number hidden)
Help with Reserving your wheels...
Avis: (phone number hidden)
Budget: (phone number hidden)
Hertz: (phone number hidden)
National: (phone number hidden)
We research prices online and often find deals at Breezenet.comPlease note that we sometimes are listed as Miramar Beach on GPS systemspri
(phone number hidden)
*** We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
LIVE WELL, LOVE MUCH, LAUGH OFTEN!!!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
My husband and I had a fantastic trip to Destin, and the cottage was so nice. We enjoyed sitting on the front porch with our morning coffee in hand. Itty Bitty was the perfect size for a fun getaway!
This was our second visit to the Itty Bitty and must say we know why we returned. It is the perfect place for the two of us. We love to enjoy the beach, read our books and cook in the lovely kitchen! Wifi is important to me as I must be available to work so there is no issue with that ever! Love this place!
The ITTY BITTY is great!
I had a very relaxing time at this perfectly sized home for 2 or 3.
The hosts were very responsive and everything was clean and comfy.
This cottage was perfect for me and my boyfriend. We travel for work, so we're always staying at hotels. This cottage was exactly what we needed: solitude. Since we travel, we rarely cook, so it was a luxury to cook our own meals. The cottage had all the implements we needed. You also don't have to worry about towels for the beach. There are plenty. It was great to just sit and relax on the porch as well as inside. The place comes with a fast internet and lots of cable channels for mindless surfing. I loved it!
Johnny Mack and Debbie were great hosts! They provided all the information we needed for our stay.
We would love to come back to the cottage. An easy and comfortable experience. I highly recommend this place for couples seeking peace & quiet.
Couldn't have been happier with our stay at the Itty Bitty! Everything was great, a very clean and comfortable place. We don't have one complaint! Deb and Johnny take good care of their guests, we were able to meet Deb a couple of times and she had more good suggestions on fun places to visit. We had a great time and love the Destin area!
Our stay was fantastic. Everything about it! The check in, the place itself is just perfect and it was better than described.
The location is amazing and allowed us walking access to everything we needed.
Itty Bitty might be small, but it is just perfect for a beach trip. It packs in everything you will need and it never felt small or cramped.
Debbie was a fantastic host and greeted us to make sure we had everything we needed and explain a few things about the place.
We would love to stay here again and have already recommended it to our friends.
My boyfriend and I had an absolutely amazing time at the cottage for a short Spring Break trip. Everything you could possibly need for a nice relaxing stay is already provided for you. The cottage is clean, cute, and is a great size for two people. The hosts were super helpful and nice without being invasive. The beach is also extremely close and other fun restaurants/shops are within walking distance. We will definitely consider returning here if we ever make it back to Destin.
Great stay at the itty bitty!! Super clean and we had everything we needed for our weekend. Deb was super welcoming and accommodating!!! Would love to stay there in the future!
Hostess was very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Cottage is small but doable for short periods.
a bit tired...bikes not working....outdoor chairs broken...too much clutter especially in bedroom...claustrophobic...but near beautiful beaches....would not recommend....
So sorry that you were disappointed in our Itty Biity Cottage! Out of over 50 plus reviews you are our first guest to not be happy and recommend the cottage. We were unaware the outside chairs were broken. They will be replaced immediately!! The 4 older bikes , an extra we furnish to prevent guest from having to rent bikes , is something we plan to discontinue because they are too hard to maintain. Again we apologize that you felt the cottage did not meet your your expectations. .
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.