About this listing
QUINTA GALEON DESCRIPTION:
Nature Lovers' Paradise / Retreat overlooking the quaint, picturesque coffee towns of Santa María de Dota and Tarrazú in the Central Valley / Zona de Los Santos Region.
“QUINTA GALEON" is located about 60 km. (40 miles) southeast of San José downtown (Costa Rica's capital city), and the International Airport. It is just over an hour drive over the mountains on well paved roads that take you through stunning landscapes, variety of micro-climates, and breathtaking mountain views.
This serene mountain-side Quinta is located at an elevation of 6,600 feet, in the heart of the scenic Route of the Saints area (Ruta de Los Santos). It is surrounded by pine forest and coffee farms where the best world's famous coffee is grown.
It could certainly serve as your home base while you explore and visit the immediate areas and surrounding towns as you experience a real “Costa Rica Adventure."
Quinta GALEON is a three-story charming and spacious home with 5,500+ sq ft of combined living space on a 1+ acre property. The home consists of 4 bedrooms, 4 ½ baths, a game room, a cozy fireplace, balconies and wrap-around porches. The home is not only tastefully designed and decorated, but also fully furnished with a mixed of modern and antique furniture and relics. Many of these pieces are over hundred years old.
The house is designed for 8 to 10 people, but will comfortably accommodate up to 14. This Quinta is a “Vacation Rental By Owner."
The large panoramic and mountain-view balconies throughout the house offer a majestic and peaceful setting for sitting back and relaxing as you admire the amazing sunrises and sunsets, or for your fine dining experience. Furthermore, you will experience the sounds of the country-side and of the many tropical birds just outside your window.
This retreat is the perfect getaway if you are looking for a place that offers an unforgettable time of relaxing, comfort, privacy, hospitality, safety, clean air, beauty, fun and adventure.
Los Santos Area has an average temperature of 72F (22C) and is delightful year round. During the "dry" season, -from December through April-, you can expect beautiful sunny days, cool mornings and evenings.
During the rest of the year, the mornings are usually sunny but it may rain in the afternoon. While Costa Rica is a tropical wonderland all year, many nature lovers find the lush "green" season especially beautiful. Thanks to our mountain-side 6600 feet elevation, guests enjoy year-round comfortable mountain breezes.
Regular temperatures during the day range from 64F to 81F (18C to 26C), and at nights from 54F to 68F (12C to 20C)
PROPERTY RENTAL AMENITIES:
Master Bedroom (King Bed)
Both 2nd and 3rd Bedrooms Option A> Queen, plus a Twin size Double-Decker Beds or
Option B> Queen, Twin, Twin *
Optional 4th Bedroom Twin, Twin
Optional 5th Game Room can be converted at nights into a Full Bedroom, Twin, Twin or Queen Bed
Optionally converted Game Room includes a Full Bathroom and snack/breakfast dining area.
*Double-Decker Beds can be separated and made up as 2 separate or joined Twin beds.
*In all cases, - Fine, quality linens and towels are provided
-- Beautiful grounds and landscaping
-- Wonderful panoramic mountains/rainforest/skyline views from most EVERYWHERE in and outside the house
-- Fully equipped kitchen
-- 4 ½ Bathrooms, 4-5 Bedrooms
-- Rustic, cozy and exceptionally designed /operational fireplace in living room area
-- The open concept design on the ground level, where the kitchen, dining and living areas are located, offers a captivating panoramic view of the town of Santa María de Dota.
-- Seating areas for leisure lounging or reading on covered, nicely decorated terraces with exceptional views.
-- Several outside/patio/balcony seating areas can be used for Gas BBQ grill, casual or fine dining, lounging.
-- Office dedicated space / 1 room
-- Laundry area for guests' use
-- 32" Color Flat TV w. DVD and wide selection of movies
-- Free local telephone calling, no surcharge long distance.
-- Free Internet access, 24/7 (guests bring “laptop" computer)
-- Main (entrance) level wheelchair accessible
-- Lower level grass terrace/area can be used as soccer playing field or for any other outdoor activities
-- Plenty of storage room for luggage and supplies
-- Lock box/personal safe for valuables.
-- Fully packed game room with plenty of board games and a professional ping pong table
-- 2-3 car garage
-- Secure gated-property
-- Maid service at end of stay. Optional on-demand Housekeeping service available
-- Fully Stocked Kitchen with Food and Beverages (upon request)
-- This is a Vacation Rental by the Owner, and you can be confident we'll do our very best to make our place and your vacation, a want-to-come back experience that you will treasure for a lifetime.
ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS at Quinta GALEON and in Los Santos Area, Costa Rica:
ORGANIC “AUTO-SUSTAINABLE FARM":
Quinta GALEON is an accessible and exciting place for children and adults to be exposed to nature. At Quinta GALEON we have an ORGANIC 'Auto-Sustainable Working Farm' with a small green house where we grow and test some 15-20 different ORGANIC agricultural products, along with a small nursery (plants) and a small hen-house.
Our products are at your disposal and we invite our guests to be an integral part of our family efforts and enjoy the delicious ORGANIC vegetables of the Quinta at their breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
Los Santos Route / Neighboring Town Visits / Casual Driving
Day Tours, Coffee Tours to Coffee Plantations, Processing Plants, and Cooperatives
Sightseeing, Bird Watching
Hiking Trails, Mountain Biking
Trout Fishing, Horseback riding, Wildlife Viewing and more!
Food, Supplies, Groceries, Shopping, Local Restaurants, Gas Stations, Medical Services, Community Services *all located in 3 main local towns within 5-15 Km
ACTIVITIES WITHIN 2 hour-drive:
Irazú Volcano, City of Cartago, Orosí Valley Tour within 50-70 Km
Quepos / Manuel Antonio National Park & Beach within 60 Km over the mountain roads
Dominical Beach 128 Km on Interamerican Highway South Bound / paved road)
Quepos & Dominical are 45 Km apart connected by Costanera Sur highway (less than 1 hour drive)
San José, the Capital, within 60 Km *1 hour drive
Whitewater rafting tours within 70 Km
Quetzal sanctuary within 1 hour drive
Other exciting, relaxing, tourist attractions can be reached within a 2-hour drive.
If needed, we'll be glad to help you with setting up your tours and itineraries.
• Late CheckOut and early CheckIn have to be discussed and paid for in advance.
• The maximum occupancy may not be exceeded at any time during reservation.
• Owner does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to any personal property of the Renter. (Owner will return any missing items found.)
• Renter will pay for repairs of any damage, they or their guests have caused.
• Renter hereby acknowledges that they have read the House Rules, understand it, agree to it, and have taken a copy if needed.
• Renter must be over 18 years of age.
STANDARD RACK RATES / NOTES:
(1) RATES (*) by # of guests / GREEN SEASON = Sep 1 - Nov 30
a) Minimum 4 guest / rate(*) => $240/Day => $ 720/3-Day Min.Stay => Also, $1,440/Wk
b) 8 guest / rate(*(URL HIDDEN)=> $400/Day => $1,200/3-Day Min.Stay => Also, $2,400/Wk
(2) RATES (*) by # of guests / PEAK SEASON = Dec 1 - Aug 31
c) Minimum 4 guest / rate(*) => $300/Day => $ 900/3-Day Min.Stay => Also, $1,800/Wk
d) 8 guest / rate(*(URL HIDDEN)=> $500/Day => $1,500/3-Day Min.Stay => Also, $3,000/Wk
(*) Rates are based on 4 and/or 8 guest occupancy.Additional GUESTS over 4 will be
charged $50 each/night. GUESTS over 8 will be charged $30 each/night.
(3) Easter, Christmas, and New Years, $ 3,300 per week, with 7-night / 8-guest minimum stay.
(4) Monthly stays rates are based on up to 8 guests; please inquire with needs for exact rate quote.
(5) Check-out: 11:00 am. Check-in: 3:00 pm. Maid service at end of stay. Cleaning Fee: $ 125
(6) Optional on-demand Housekeeping service available
(7) Calls for off-season, special events, walk-ins and /or last minute rates are welcomed.
• Minimum rental - 3 days / 1 week.
• 50% Deposit required to secure reservation. 50% Balance due 60 days prior to rental
• $1,000 (USD) refundable security deposit on arrival for damages/incidentals taken at check-in
• PayPal, Credit Cards and Bank Wire Transfers accepted.
• Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
• Full refund up until 60 full days prior to check-in(*), minus 20% booking cancellation (URL HIDDEN) 45% refund up until 30 full days prior to check-in(*)
• Net 20% refund up until 7 full days prior to check-in(*)
• Otherwise, no refund.
• (*) Prior to check-in: full days prior to 12:00 AM local time on the day of check-in. For example: Cancellation must be made 7 full days prior to 12:00 AM local time on the day of check-in, meaning, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by the previous Thursday at midnight.
• If the Guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent are not refunded.
• Cleaning fees are always refunded if the Guest did not check-in.
• If you have also paid your refundable security deposit, in all cases, it will also be fully refunded.
• A reservation is not officially cancelled until Quinta GALEON receives a cancellation confirmation in writing / e-mail from Guest.
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this host their first review!