Our room is located in a listed Wilhelminian style building which was built in 1878. It is located in Prenzlauer Berg (Kollwitzkiez) bordering Berlin downtown and is a great location to explore Berlin from. The room belongs to our private apartment, bathroom, toilet, and kitchen is shared with others.
• 15 sqm
• Plenty of sunlight through the windows throughout the day
• At the end of the apartment
• Furnished with high quality pieces (solid wood)
• Queen size bed (160x200cm)
• Memory foam matress and comfy duvet
• Wireless internet (WiFi)
• Kitchen + dining area
• Bathroom with separate toilet
• Lonely Planet Berlin (2011) and other guides
• Towels and linens
We look forward to meeting and hosting you!
• wireless internet (WiFi)
• kitchen + dining area
• bathroom and separate toilet
• lonely planet Berlin and other guides
• towels and linens
• hair dryer
Interaction with Guests
We´re available for any queries prior to and during your stay.
The 'Kollwitzkiez' is one of the hippest districts Berlin has to offer. The streets in our neighborhood have the charm of Parisian boulevards and encompass a wide range of trendy bistros, bars, cafes, restaurants, and grocery stores. There are also other mod cons - pharmacy, bank, coffee shops, ATMs, post office, boutique stores, live music, cinemas etc - - all within easy walking distance (no more than 15 mins). Anything else you desire should be with a 20 minute radius if you take public transport.
Tram M2: 1 minute walk
Subway U2: 5 minutes walk
Both will get you to Alexanderplatz in 5 minutes. Alexanderplatz is the closest hub and from here you have the S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Metro (tram) and Bus network to get you to where ever you wish to go.
Other Things to Note
Note: 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
Since we are private hosts with regular jobs and a small kid, we have some regulations
• please provide a one hour time frame for your arrival
• regular checkin between 6pm - 10pm, earlier checkin can be organized
• checkout by 10am
• fees: earlier checkin 5€, checkin between 10pm and 11pm 5€, between 11pm and 12pm 10€, after 12pm 20 € (arrival after midnight is not welcome, please ask us first before booking)
• Not arriving in the one hour agreed timeframe and failing to communicate it atlease one hour before the timeframe = 10€
• 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
• please be quite in the backyard and the communal hallway, since it echoes a lot in this building
• smoking is strictly forbidden throughout the building, in the backyard, and in the apartment
• visitors are not permitted in the apartment
My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights in the Maritime room which was perfect for what we wanted. Affordable and in a great location. Unfortunately we didn't realise just how good the location was until our last night. There are some really great bars and restaurants nearby. There's an amazing cocktail bar around the corner called Scotch and Sofa which we'd recommend. Just a couple of streets away is a fantastic Vietnamese restaurant called Umami which was really authentic and great value for money. There are also loads more close to the apartment which we sadly didn't have time to try. In terms of the apartment we found it to be lovely, it was clean and exactly what was described. We would certainly stay again.
I absolutely loved my stay in the Maritime Room. The room is great and spacious with large windows. The kitchen has everything to cook. Everything is very well organized for sharing the common space between the other 3 rooms.
The neighbourhood is great and friendly. Lots of coffee places, restaurants and small cute boutiques. The tram is just next door, getting you to Alexanderplatz in 5 minutes.
Claudia provides a city guide of Berlin and a map of recommended place to eat and drink in the neighbourhood.
I would recommend it if you want to have a quiet stay in Berlin but still be right in the center of Berlin.
Al llegar nos recibió claudia, muy amable y abierta a todas las preguntas realizadas. La habitacion muy limpia y confortable igual a como se ve en las fotografias. El baño limpio y espacioso. al igual que la cocina. La ubicacion a 2 cuadras de una estacion de metro. muy recomendable. Cuando vaya de nuevo a berlin pienso quedarme ahi nuevamente. La recomiendo a todos los que quieran descansar y estar en un lugar comodo, ordenado y limpio.
Fantastic. Very well organised, clean and a great location. Highly recommended.
we had a lovely time in the Maritime room.. it was beautiful and very clean.. it felt more like a guesthouse.. very comfortable, the kitchen and bathroom also very organize and clean.. the location was fantastic.. the best neigberhood in Berlin (: full of coffee shops and restaurants.. great experience.
Es war alles anstandslos perfekt und exakt so wie auf dem Bild zu sehen ist :-)
Very good! The host was great and the room was excactly as the photos are. It is also near to the subways. Great
This host has 283 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews