About this listing
Your Room: French doors open to a balcony with breath-taking views of Downtown and the windows above the desk look onto Twin Peaks.
This third-story West-facing bedroom includes a European Sleepworks queen bed, fine linens and towels, Cable TV, desk, computer speakers, large closet and wireless internet.
Be sure to soak in the backyard hot tub. It is hot and ready for your enjoyment (before 10pm please). The views are phenomenal: Twin Peaks, Downtown, and even the top of the Golden Gate Bridge.
You'll access a large and luxurious sky-lit bathroom featuring a large shower with 2 heads. There is additional full bathroom available downstairs (on the main level) if needed.
The house is set away from the street with a gracious front patio/garden. Despite its convenient location, the home is very quiet, a welcome retreat after work or your day exploring San Francisco.
I always have coffee and tea, and either English muffins or whole wheat bread available for you. You are welcome to use the kitchen (always for breakfast and snacks, but please coordinate with me for other meals).
In addition, feel free to relax in the living room and outdoor patios too.
Let me know if you need access to the washer and dryer as well (more appropriate for guests with stays longer than 2 nights).
Interaction with Guests
I'll be in the home to help with any questions about your room, Potrero Hill and San Francisco. My master suite is on the bottom floor providing great privacy for all.
Potrero Hill is not only known for its sunny weather but also for its friendly vibe. A variety of restaurants and bars are in walking distance. Whole Foods is an easy amble down (and up!) the hill. And the Mission District beckons to the West. 85 Walk Score!
If you're interested in San Francisco Giants Tickets I have 2 tickets in the Bleachers section. Let me know if you're interested and the specific date.
I'll send you my custom GoGoBot guidebook (works on smartphones too), links to nearby transit routes, as well as promo codes for discounted rides on Uber, Flywheel, and Lyft (only good for new users of the service).
Potrero Hill offers easy access to the hot Mission District, AT&T Park, SoMa, and Downtown - all are walkable and the area is well served by city transit. Sitting between highways 101 and 280 access to the rest of the city and the entire Bay Area is easy. Lyft and Uberx provide easy accessible taxi-like service (ask me for promotion codes).
If you are renting a car or driving, there is plentiful parking outside the home. No meters or permit required. Just remember to "curb" your wheels on the hill.
Other Things to Note
Note that there is one bathroom on the third floor, between the two guests bedrooms (the other bedroom is down the hall). There is additional full bathroom with tub available downstairs (on the main level) if needed.
Also, I work out of my office on the main floor during the days.
Check out pics of new solar panels!
Bonus: Check out pic of Steve McQueen outside my home while filming Bullit in 1967!
I hope you enjoy my home as you would enjoy the home of your friends or family. To me this means being quiet late at night or in the morning, cleaning up after yourself, and communicating any issues as soon as possible.
Here are a few specific rules:
No additional guests allowed - for a visit or over night - without prior permission granted. Please understand that this is an important security precaution.
2 persons per room limit except for babies with parents. No exceptions.
As the hot tub is used by myself and other house guests, please limit your hot tub time to 45 minutes (you'll likely be too hot anyway and it starts to cool down with use). The hot tub is near my bedroom so please use the hot tub between 8am and 10pm. Do not bring glassware to the hot tub (I have plastic glasses). Clothing is optional, I will respect your privacy (but can't vouch for the neighbors).
Absolutely no smoking except outside, and please pick up after (even on the sidewalk).
Guests with children must be careful with use of hot tub and decks.
Guests are expected to pick up after themselves.
Absolutely no pets.
Off Limit Areas:
Master bedroom and bathroom
Downstairs storage areas
Bikes and any other outdoor recreation equipment.
About the Host, Fran
I'm a Bay Area Internet Entrepreneur and marketer serving as board advisor to a range of small companies I enjoy meeting new entrepreneurs and business people as well as tourists and work hard to be sure everyone has a positive experience in my home.
My two homes are both in cities named by the Spanish for Saint Francis of Assisi: San Francisco and Santa Fe (Santa Fe's full name is La Villa Real de la Santa Fé de San Francisco de Asís (“The Royal Town of the Holy Faith of St. Francis of Assisi”).
My primary home is in Potrero Hill in San Francisco. I love the home's gardens and fantastic views which you can see from five different patios or decks. My guests enjoy the combination of luxury and elegance with comfortable charm.
My second home, primarily a vacation home, is in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where I grew up. This home is truly "Santa Fe Style" with vigas (ceiling beams), Kiva fireplace, wood floors and thick adobe walls. The setting is spectacular in the heart of old Santa Fe with easy access to the museums, art, hiking trails, and plaza.
As you can see from my reviews, many first-time Airbnb guests have enjoyed my home. If you are new to Airbnb (or not) and want to book one of my listings, please consider these 'pro tips' gleaned from my airbnb experiences...both, as a host and as a guest:
1) Be Verified and have a nice, clear photo of your face on your profile *before* sending a note/booking request to a host (trust and transparency are keys to success here). As a woman it is especially important that I know who is staying at my home
2) Read the Airbnb FAQs thoroughly! Hosts with popular listings are busy people and we appreciate it when prospective guests ask questions unique to their travel situation and/or the listing in question.
3) PLEASE thoroughly read through my listing(s). I assure you that your questions about parking, public transportation, check in/out, etc. have been included in the listing(s)
4) Tell me about yourself. Since you may have few/no reviews, hosts like me must make a guess as to what sort of guest(s) you might be (and some hosts won't even consider people new to Airbnb). In the absence of a review, you might consider the following to ensure I (other hosts) will feel comfortable approving your request:
• in your initial note, it is appreciated when you include what your plans are during your stay (sightseeing, attending a conference, partying at clubs, etc)
• include assuring comments about how you will treat my home (i.e. "I will treat your home with the same respect I treat mine")
• let me know you've read the house rules, and that they are agreeable to you (this is a must, please)
5) Finally...I, like other busy hosts, keep my calendar up to date! So, if Airbnb is showing either of my listings as available for your dates - the place is available! If my listing suits your needs, it is best to send the booking request right off. If you hesitate, the other person looking at my place for your dates will get it!
Hope this is helpful. Welcome to my home.