The Molinelli country house ( currently unavailable until September 2014) is a wonderful retreat between Florence and Bologna, only 2.5 km from the A1 highway(Rioveggio Exit). Guests can easily reach Bologna or Florence by car using the high way or the ancient roman road.
This beautiful country house is surrounded by nature at its best including forest views, running waterfalls, green hills and pastoral villages.
The house offers a variety of attractions: the Village of Montorio and its amazing panaromic views and fine restaurant is 5 minutes away by car. The town of Sasso Marconi and its wonderful weekly market is 15 minutes away by car.
Ww2 historical sites of the “Appennini mountains” are nearby like ‘monte sole’ , ‘monterenzio’ , loiano etc.
From Bologna train station (which is 35 km by car ) guests can easily reach Milan, Venice and Rome using the fast Eurostar lines.
On the way to Florence, there is a fabulous designer outlet offering a unique shopping experience.
Facilities: Internet wi fi (is back on ), Satellite Television, hair dryer, microwave, oven, dishwasher, fridge.
It is only 3 Km from the Village of Rioveggio which has shops and restaurants.
The first floor of the house consists of a kitchen, a dinning area and a living room with a sitting area and a fireplace. The second floor of the house consists of a bedroom, another guest room with a child’s bed ( another inflatable bed can be added bed yet not shown in the photos ). A shower and toilet is on this floor.
Another unit of the house with a separate entrance consists of living room with a small kitchen, a small bathroom and another bedroom with a double bed. This basement unit is not included in the total price.
-Internet wi fi ( is back in service )
- satellite TV in the main living room
- hair dryer
- microwave and oven
- dishwasher and fridge
- washing machine
-No air conditioning
Included in the price: towels and bed linen , a child’s bed, another inflatable bed ( upon request), private parking. Breakfast is not included.
No smoking in the house
Gates must be closed when leaving the property.
The reservation was canceled 19 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
I booked this stay as part of a honeymoon gift trip for my friends, Altin & Kara [https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/7965030]. Here is their feedback:
"A great start to our honeymoon, the perfect place to relax after the wedding. Communication with Sharon was super easy, and while she was away, her helper, Margherita, was a joy to deal with. The house is beautiful, and beautifully furnished, with everything you might need*, and perfectly located. The surroundings are quiet and beautiful, and Bologna is a short drive away (30min or so).
We slept like babies. And waking up that first Sunday morning was esp. memorable: through the windows we could see the rolling fields, and hear the faint buzzing of a little red tractor at work, ploughing. Not too close to ruin a perfect slumber, but close enough to make us smile every time we opened our eyes. Batteries recharged, we then had another wonderful 3 nights.
In short, great place, great people. Strongly recommended!
*) The wifi was indeed in need of tech repair, as others have said, but we did not miss it. Sharon had left a USB Internet dongle (for those traveling with PCs), but once we'd bought a cheap Italian phone number + data package, with Margherita's help, it was far easier to get online on our phone. So we mostly ignored wifi's for the rest of our trip as well."
We had a very nice holiday in Sharon's house. Hereafter some pros and cons.
- The house (early 20th century) is really charming and convenient. Plus, it is very well decorated and equipped, you feel like home and at same time in a decoration magazine :)
It is especially adapted if you have very young children (which was our case)
- You can go to Bologna and Firenze in a less than 1hr drive. Just be careful about ZTL :)
- You have access (5 min by road) to a "Coop" supermarket open 7 days a week, which is very practical
- This is very quiet, except for many animals sounds (which is actually a good thing, that really interested our baby)
- Margherita, the housekeeper, and German, her husband, are very nice people and they welcomed us very well, doing their best in order for us to have a nice stay. All the neighbors we spoke to were very nice and helpful too
- Be careful with the insects, especially bees and mosquitoes. You should equip yourself with anti-insects at the beginning of the stay
- Even if it is possible to many interesting spots (Ravenna beaches, Lucca, Pisa, Modena, etc.), almost everything is minimum 1hr drive
- No Wifi but you can connect with 3G
- The oven was broken but I'm confident if will be repaired for next ones :)
La casa es hermosa, el lugar es perfecto, la persona que nos recibio fue muy amable. Muy buen precio y ubicacion conveniente para recorrer la Emilia Romagna, Bologna, y parte de la Toscana. Muy recomendable! Lo unico que le haria falta es wifi!