About this listing
Only minutes from West Hollywood, Hollywood and downtown Los Angeles lies a 1954 mid-century modern gem designed by Lucille Rapport, a Richard Neutra disciple. Walls of glass open to valley views for miles, with a secluded pool and jacuzzi.
Only minutes from West Hollywood, Hollywood, Universal Studios and downtown Los Angeles lies a 1954 mid-century modern gem, designed by Lucille Rapport, a Richard Neutra student. Walls of glass open to valley views for miles, with a secluded pool and jacuzzi off the master bedroom, which offers a king bed & en suite bath. Convertible TV den with queen pullout sofa, with 1/2 bath (toilet & sink only). Gourmet kitchen with large island, polished concrete floors, three TV's with DirecTV, DVR & Roku, Wi-Fi, wood-burning fireplace, patio, garden and plenty of free parking. Dozens of great restaurants -- including LA's best sushi, Thai, deli and Chinese -- at all price ranges are within 10 minutes. Metro stop (Red Line) only 15 minutes away. P.S., We have three cats -- that we will take with us of course -- but you should know that in case you are allergic!
If interested, send a brief introductory note, photo, and desired dates.
Red Line Metro stop only ten minutes away, with free parking lot.
1. Guest picture I.D., 21 years minimum age without adult.
2. USE: The premises will be used exclusively as a residence for no more than 4 persons.
3. ANIMALS: No animals will be brought on the premises without the prior consent of the Owner. We have three cats, in case you are allergic!
4. SMOKING: No smoking inside house.
5. HOUSE RULES: Tenant agrees to abide by all house rules including rules with respect to smoking, noise, odors, disposal of refuse, animals, parking and use of common areas.
6. ORDINANCES AND STATUTES: Tenant will comply with all statutes, ordinances, and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities now in force, or which may later be in force, regarding the use of the premises, including, but not limited to , the use or sale of illicit drugs.
7. ASSIGNMENT AND SUBLETTING: Guest will not assign this Agreement or sublet any portion of the premises without prior written consent of the Landlord.
8. MAINTENANCE AND DAMAGE: Guest acknowledges that, unless the Landlord is notified immediately upon occupancy, the premises, including the furniture, furnishings and appliances, are in good working order and repair. Guest will keep the premises in a clean and sanitary condition, and will immediately notify Landlord of any damage to the premises or its contents, or any inoperable equipment or appliances. Guest will surrender the premises, at termination, in as good condition as received, normal wear and tear excepted. Guest will be responsible for any damage caused by Guest or his or her family or invitees. Guest will not commit any waste upon the premises, or any nuisance or act which may disturb the quiet enjoyment of any other occupant on the property or adjacent to the property. It is understood that Landlord's insurance does not cover Guest's personal property.
9. ENTRY AND INSPECTION: The Landlord will have the right to enter the premises in case of emergency.
10. INDEMNIFICATION: Landlord will not be liable for any damage or injury to Guest, or any other person, or to any property, occurring on the premises, or in common areas, unless such damage is the legal result of the negligence or willful misconduct of Landlord, his or her agents or employees.
The host canceled this reservation 16 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We had a few choices of where to pick for our vacation, and we were so lucky to have chosen this one. Our host couldn't have been more helpful prior to our arrival, and when we were there he would be at the end of the phone if we had any questions on the home, or even just general area information. He checked us in and showed us around - he stressed that we could use anything we wanted, from items left in the fridge, to washing materials. Nothing was off limits. In my opinion, the photos of the home on Airbnb don't do it justice. The inside of the home is wonderful and very bright. The views from both outdoor patio areas are just stunning, and at night you could see so far across Universal City to the mountains lit by the moonlight. The photos don't show the pool very well, but I can assure you it's very large and well maintained. There was a lovely jacuzzi that we used most nights, looking out across to the mountains with a glass of wine in hand! The BBQ outside is perfect for a large family, although we didn't use it. The property has sun loungers, tables and chairs too.
The area the home was situated in was just what we had wanted - up a windy hill and in a quite and upmarket neighbourhood, although only 25 minutes drive from West Hollywood on the other side of the Canyon.
We did strike it lucky with this property and our only worry for our next Airbnb stay, would be that we don't have a Host and property that matches up to this standard. Thank you!
Barry is an excellent host. The house was very pleasant to live in and is well equiped, and Barry made us feel very welcome. Thanks a lot.
Barry was a fantastic host. He helped to make quick arrangements for a last minute booking for my boss, and he was there to greet me at check-in. Throughout the 6 week stay, he texted if he needed to stop by to pick up mail and helped immediately with the one house question we had.
The house itself is beautiful - lots of natural light and a great day view of mountains and a great night view of Universal City. There is plenty of living space and it has a true chef's kitchen stocked with any cooking utensil/pans, etc that you could ever need. Very clean, lots of linens, and peaceful outdoors space & hot tub.
Great experience overall, and I would definitely rent from Barry again.